Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cosmetic Procedures After Sleeve Surgery

Hi everyone I been speaking and researching alot and came across alot of people who after having the sleeve gastrectomy having to go back for tummy tucks Lipo on arms, thighs and stomach. So my question is that going to have to consider or not everyone need reconstruction surgery afterwards. Thanks for everyone who participates.

So I am a year out and while I didnt even consider plastic surgery prior to surgery I have been thinking about having breast augmentation now. I do not need any kind of Lipo or a Tummy Tuck. I lost over a hundred pounds.

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking, what was your initial weight? I think the breast augmentation is understandable, I don't have much and I know once I have the surgery it might be something to consider. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I'm two years out, lost almost 130 lbs. Definitely considering the tummy tuck; I don't NEED it, but when you've lost this much weight and feel as generally good about yourself as I do lately, it sucks to have that one last area that you're embarrassed for other people to see.

All the other "problem areas" of my anatomy can be corrected with just exercise and hard work, but the tummy isn't going away without a visit to the good doctor.

I'm two years out' date=' lost almost 130 lbs. Definitely considering the tummy tuck; I don't NEED it, but when you've lost this much weight and feel as generally good about yourself as I do lately, it sucks to have that one last area that you're embarrassed for other people to see.

All the other "problem areas" of my anatomy can be corrected with just exercise and hard work, but the tummy isn't going away without a visit to the good doctor.[/quote']

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question

I originally said that I wouldn't consider more surgery, but I'm already rethinking that one. I have a ways to go before I hit goal, but I already see some areas that I'm not happy with, even with exercise. My tummy is my major problem area, which I knew before I started this journey. I have been exercising a lot and I can see and feel the muscle developing in my arms, thighs and stomach, but there is a LOT of skin in the tummy area. I posted a picture the other day where I felt pretty good...until I looked at my tummy. Because of previous blood clots, my doctors won't let me use compression garments, so it's ALL out there. Yikes!

My surgeon upped my goal weight by 20 pounds due to the stomach skin, so I will definitely have to wait and see how things turn out. I have also read that it can take up to a year for maximum healing and reabsorption of skin, which means I've probably got 18 months before I seriously consider a Tummy Tuck. So far, the "girls" are holding their own and I'm hopeful that I won't lose all of that area.

I am only 3 months out and I am going to wait 1 year post op. That is what they usually recommend. I am starting to have some lose skin on my belly and arms. And my boobs are not perky anymore ,well they were not the same anyway right after I gave birth lol But losing weight so rapidly is not helping them either. So I am considering a breast augmentation with a lift and some Lipo on my future ;)

I am 13 months out and had a facelift in January. I lost 94 lbs and the last 20 really made my face look haggard and drawn as I lost the fat pads in my cheeks and everything just drooped. I am also 57, so I had been thinking about one even before VSG. As far as bodywork, my boobs are still pointing forward and I am a C-D cup depending on the bra. My stomach looks okay but my thighs and butt are really really wrinkled. I am thinking about a butt lift but I will wait and see if weightlifting helps fill them out.

Foxbins, Have you ever posted before/after pics from the facelift? I'd love to see if you don't mind. :)

Foxbins, Have you ever posted before/after pics from the facelift? I'd love to see if you don't mind. :)

I haven't posted any pictures and I'm not likely to unless I can somehow remain anonymous. I had thought about putting a black strip across my eyes to disguise me but I can't figure out how to edit the photos. (I didn't have my eyes done so not seeing them wouldn't make a difference other than hiding my identity.) If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to try; I know I looked at a lot of before and after pictures before my surgery and they helped, but those people who posted are far braver than I am.

I think the 2 biggest factors are 1) your age 2) amount of weight you lose. I lost 70 lbs, and while I have a tiny amount of loose skin, it's not something I'd have surgery over. Even the boobs are pretty decent.

I think the 2 biggest factors are 1) your age 2) amount of weight you lose. I lost 70 lbs' date=' and while I have a tiny amount of loose skin, it's not something I'd have surgery over. Even the boobs are pretty decent.[/quote']

So what do you think will be my diagnostic lol.... I'm 24 going on 25 in June, and I weigh 280 lbs and my height 5'7.

Lord I'm gonna have so much done they should probably just transplant my head on another body. Arms need to be done, gonna need a body lift I'm sure and well, the girls are gonna be put back where they belong. :)

Luckily. the breasts will still probably be a reduction so I should get that paid for by insurance. Everything else will be out of pocket.

i am already starting a boobie fund just incase. My boobs have alway been a pretty decent size before i got fluffy but if i need them ill buy them. The rest i think ill be ok with. Im exercising daily and my arms are already taking shape, and i can feel my abs under the extra layers so i think if i get a new chest ill be ok with the rest!

I never considered plastic surgery/reconstruction before surgery. Now at almost 4 months post-op, I'm starting to think about it. My boobs have been saggy since I've developed them, due to the fact that I waited too long to wear a proper bra so they didn't grow correctly, so I'm not really worried about those. Might wait until my future hubby wants them as a gift or something. ;)

Surprisingly, I don't have much skin in the stomach area. It's a slight droop but I have a feeling it'll get better with time and exercise. My worst areas are definitely my arms and thighs/hips. My hips are so big, they almost as wide as my shoulders. Then they curve (read: BULGE) out into the most horrible saddlebags ever. They're wider than my shoulders. It looks like I have two cantaloupe-sized tumors growing out of my thighs. I've always been pear-shaped and bottom heavy, but man has this surgery emphasized that. I've been mainly losing weight up top and now I'm ridiculously ill-proportioned. My arms are also unbelievable jiggly. I'm not talking a little bit, I mean A LOT. The whole lower half of my upper arm is nothing but jiggle fat. I'm hoping exercise helps the size of my arms, but I have a feeling it won't reduce the jiggle. :(

We can't all be as lucky as BlackBerry. ;) I envy her determination and seemingly lucky genetics/biology!

So what do you think will be my diagnostic lol.... I'm 24 going on 25 in June, and I weigh 280 lbs and my height 5'7.

Btw D1N, I think you're one of the closest people that I found on here in regards of stats. I'm close to your age at 22, I'm 5'7" and I had surgery weighing 273. Pretty close. ;)