Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet...

I dreaded my pre op till I actully started it , perhaps my menu is differant than others but here is my menu. 2 protien shakes a day as Meal Replacements plus one meal with a lean piece of meat the size of my palm with veggies, Keep in mind I was horrified of milk, had not had milk since i was forced to consume it in elementary.I now have had my second two quart container mixed with the shakes. I am using the Bariatric Advantage brand shakes not bad as I thought , i was mentally picture the taste of Multivitamins liquifyed. not that bad at all. I am actully enjoying the energy plus I have lost 12 lbs since last Thursday

I am taking a few share of pills a day

2 antibiotic

1 Vitamin D Gummy

2 Multi Vitamins

1 probiotic

1 sublingual B12

1 B 12 injeaction a week

1 omeprazole

3 chewable Iron

1 amoxicillion

1 clarithomycin

Perhaps its all these pills are acting like a filler cause I am far from starving. now tuesday, the day before the surgery I go into full Clear Liquids

My Pre-Op diet is very similar to yours CarlosG, but don't start the vitamin/antibotic/etc regimen until after surgery. Currently taking the mulitvitamins and Calcium Citrate though.

I agree I have been hungry, but knowing I get a meal at night has made it bearable. My doctor told me if throughout the day it becomes ugly and I become ugly (irritable - :wub: ) I can have a cup of bullion to help. The heated drink does help. So I have used decaffinated hot tea as well.

Good luck!!

Carlos and Mickeymouse I WISH I had your pre op diet :blink:

Lol Carlos...its funny you say that. I am the same way. Milk disgusts me..and it always has. I can't even drink vanilla Soy or Almond milk because it looks too much like it lol I can put it in my Cereal, tea or even have chocolate milk but I cant drink it plain. My liquid diet menu is basically just that liquid..with sf popcicles, sf pudding or Jello. Im dyin LOL

I am not allowed any food. My surgeon said if I eat he wont preform the surgery. And, Its not terrible. I find if I keep drinking Water constantly that really helps. Its easier at work because I have structure there but when I get home it gets tough. I make my Husband eat & cook for my daughter and I usually go upstairs to clean ( my bathroom is spotless!). Everyday it gets easier. My surgery is in 4 days! Nervousness & Excitement has set in.

Lol Carlos...its funny you say that. I am the same way. Milk disgusts me..and it always has. I can't even drink Vanilla Soy or Almond milk because it looks too much like it lol I can put it in my cereal, tea or even have chocolate milk but I cant drink it plain. My liquid diet menu is basically just that liquid..with sf popcicles, sf pudding or Jello. Im dyin LOL

My son love that alomond milk he tried everything to disguise it and I would not go there, funny thing is I can do a milk shake, Ice cream,and the good stuff but milk OMG no way,

lol to be honest the worset part for the last six months was the thought of drnking milk with the protien shakes. lol I am dirnking a milk from our major grocery store HEB called Mootopia, I am not gonna lie that I crave it but mixed in a shake its not the end of the world. Plus it has extra protien, the kriptonite we need to be SUPER!

I am not allowed any food. My surgeon said if I eat he wont preform the surgery. And, Its not terrible. I find if I keep drinking Water constantly that really helps. Its easier at work because I have structure there but when I get home it gets tough. I make my Husband eat & cook for my daughter and I usually go upstairs to clean ( my bathroom is spotless!). Everyday it gets easier. My surgery is in 4 days! Nervousness & Excitement has set in.

That sounds really hardcore! How long is your pre-op diet? No food at all? Not even Clear liquids?

Yikes!! that is hardcore..after seeing yours..i feel kinda better about mine LOL :mellow:

My son love that alomond milk he tried everything to disguise it and I would not go there, funny thing is I can do a milk shake,Ice cream,and the good stuff but milk OMG no way,

lol to be honest the worset part for the last six months was the thought of drnking milk with the protien shakes. lol I am dirnking a milk from our major grocery store HEB called Mootopia, I am not gonna lie that I crave it but mixed in a shake its not the end of the world. Plus it has extra protien, the kriptonite we need to be SUPER!

lol i use the dark chocolate almond milk and with chocolate or vanilla protien tastes pretty awesome. I dont like the way it feels when I swallow it cuz it feels so light, so i add about a teaspoon of Peanut Butter to it to make it taste and go down better.

haha, I should have been more specific. 4 Protein shakes a day, 1/2 cups of broth, Jello, 6 oz of greek yogurt (no fruit chunks), pudding (sf), and Tomato juice(which I hate). But, no solid foods. The greek yogurt is by far my best friend.

Whew! Ok that sounds so much better!

Day five of liquid pre-op diet:

Hungry..but mostly just head hunger. I want a bite of something so bad. My stomach gurgles so bad sometimes. I cheated last night and had a cube of cheese..lol. Not a big cheat I know but it still makes me feel a little guilty. 9 days left of this madness before surgery, and then two weeks after surgery. Can you say 'not excited' ?

BUT for me to stick so hard to this it makes me realize that I am SO READY for a change. It kinda feels like torture...but I you gotta do what you gotta do right?? And I am committed.

I have never had a carb addiction. Not really a sweet eater. I just had a LARGE capacity for food and never really felt full and when I did it wasnt for long.