Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Tried New Whey Protien Liquid?

My boss was using it because he works out a lot. I read the package and it fits all the guidelines that my dr wants for a protien supplement.

It comes in a tube 3.8 floz which is considered one serving it had 42 grams of protein!!! It is lactose, gluten, caffeine, sugar, and fat free.

180 calories

2 g carbs

I got it at the Vitamin shoppe

After ordering a bunch of stuff from Bariatric Advantage 2 weeks ago before my surgery and still not having it. I needed my stuff and I was out. Has anyone else had issues with them I am so so dissapointed.

Anyway I just wanted to let people know about this

I added a picture I found online of what it looks like it comes in a bunch of different flavors and doesn't taste bad at all.

This is way better to me than a Protein shake. It was insane trying to get all those shakes in to get enough Protein.< /p>

post-20681-13813658244487_thumb.jpg

The RD in the program I attend expressed concerns because the Protein is collagen and may not be fully utilized by the body. I like it because it does not have a whey stink (bad one anyway) and I can mix it with Water. I prefer the Isopure RTD.

I checked the nutritional information online and it indicates it is a hyrdrolized blend with whey isolate. This meets the guidelines and should be easily absorbed by your body. Go for it.

I plan to do the same thing and use a variety of Protein supplements!!

They also sell them at Walmart for $2.48 a tube :)

They are best when cold, but remember your body can only absorb around 25 grams of Protein at a time...my diet doc said to allow 2 hrs after before doing another protein intake that counts toward daily goal

I like these b/c they are quick and easy but I agree they are MUCH BETTER cold!!! I liked the grape the best. There are a few different flavors. Give them a try!

Oh BTW: As when you go ij if they give discounts for buying a case. The Vitamni shop I go to does.

I bought one of the fruit punch ones it was awesome and I drank about half and I'm having the rest later. I'll be going back in the morning to get a case. I'm so excited to be able to get all my Protein in. The shakes were so filling it was hard to get more than 1 in.. I'm 1 week post op now. I also found all of the Vitamins I needed in liquid form there!

tried one for the forst time last week , i agree will much easier than shakes

sleeved 12-19-11

weight.png

Ohhhhh, I'm definitely gonna pick a couple of these up and try them. I absolutely hate chocolate, or vanilla flavored milky drinks and have been wondering how I was gonna tolerate those in Protein form once I have my sleeve. These seem to be right up my alley!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

I use these too! I buy them at Meijer. $2.99 each & they have 4 or 5 flavors. I also buy some from Sam's club, and those have 32g of Protein, they are called MET-Rx Protein Plus. Better than drinking a shake all the time & my nutritionist said that they are good to use! I also use Atkins Protein Bars, Peanut Butter Granola is the best! :D

uughhhh i have tried them too, but i just cant choke them down, after the fitst drink i was gagging and burning my throat, i tried it warm though, and i had the watermelon flavor. I will have to try the grape and put it in the fridge before i drink it. i will try anything not to have to worry about my Protein everyday!

Thanks for posting this! I will look for these! It seems like a good thing for right after surgery when I am trying to get even small amounts down but trying hard to get in my Protein. I think I will do half at a time like you did and then I will be sure the absorption issue is covered. What all flavors do they have? I was thinking about ordering some things from Bariatric Advantage but after hearing your disappointment in them and how long it is taking to get your order, I may rethink that and just get some Unjury powder instead.

I tried these right after surgery and I couldn't tolerate them because I had to just sip and they tasted disgusting to me then. I might have to try them again now that I can drink normally.

I am using it now and am 6 days out of surgery. It's awesome. I have a tube of that which is 42g of Protein then have a 23g shake and a 12g yogurt and that does it for the day. Great favors like watermelon and blue raspberry. I add 4oz of Water because it is very sweet.

Ok, I tried these but only for about 3 weeks. I couldn't stand the taste! Its a good way to get ur Protein in but after a while, you get tired of the gross taste. I started gagging after a while and got to the point where when I looked at one and was about to open it, I started gagging and cringing right away! Ewww!

I'm going back to Protein Shakes. At least they taste better than the Protein Shots.

And do remember that ur body can only absorb 25 to 30 grams at a time. don't buy them in bulk until you are sure you can handle the taste.