Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the infamous swabs! lol. i lived on those. i had a billion of those. for the pain in the shoulder, try walking around. when i came out of surgery, i only had incision soreness & dry mouth & i was sleepy. i didnt press my morphine button often. most times, i forgot it was even there until an incision would hurt real bad. i was walking around like nothing. i had my gall bladder removed 2yrs prior & i think my gall bladder was worse in the hospital.

good luck to u! <3

Thank you, I love you guys! Really and truly had it not been for this forum I'd have cancelled my surgery - but seeing to many success stories and hearing how happy so many of you are now made it impossible for me not to want that for myself and to finally seize the day!

I'm desperately thirsty at this point but I have mouth swabs which are saving my sanity! I'm feeling the typical left shoulder pain, and my incisions are a bit sore- but I STILL feel great! I was expecting to be nauseated and dry heaving but I'm not one little bit!!

If I could take my little sleevie out behind the bleachers and make out with it- I would! I'm in love!

Thanks everyone! I'm home now and getting my Protein and fluids in! Sleevie is very fussy and HATES Water and milk based Protein shakes. Everything else is going down like a dream!

I feel like this isn't really real!

Bedhead,

You had a pain pump? I am SO jealous!!! I didn't have any narcotic type of pain medication at all when I had my sleeve done.

The surgeon's assistant spoke with each of us pre-operatively and made it very clear that our surgeon did not believe in giving narcotic medication for laprascopic surgery.

He told us we would get a powerful anti-inflammatory (Toradol) every 6 hours IV, which was OK. But the one time I was really hurting, there wasn't much they could do. The Toradol can only be given every 6 hours IV. When I was hurting bad, it was another two and a half hours till I could have some more Toredal.

So I got up and walked for the 2 1/2 hours, to try and pass the time and hopefully help me feel better.

I am 8 months out now, and of course, have no pain. but thinking back on it, wish I could have had some "real" pain meds! SMH!!! It is really funny how different our experiences are!

Am so glad you are home from the hospital and feeling pretty good! You have made a wonderful positive change in your life. And the journey that you are starting to walk will take you to wonderful places. (including Macy's, Bloomie's, Nordstroms, Dillard's and some other wonderful places. I am so happy to leave Lane Bryant, Catherine's, Dress Barn and Fashion Bug behind!)

I got Toradol via IV in addition to having a PCA where I could press the button every 6 minutes for a dose of Fentanyl! I didn't lose that until an hour or two before I left the hospital.

I've had ALL of my surgeries (4 so far) in this hospital and they are VERY anti-pain!