Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Nikia, I am 35 yrs old and I am so excited about my "Journey." I started thinking about WLS about a year ago, but told myself that I would try it the "old fashioned way." I started lost about 25 lbs but then I gained the 25 lbs lost and then some. My decision came after visiting my mother last August and saw the pictures from that trip. I cried for 2 straight days when I realized that this is the heaviest that I have ever been in my life. When I started doing my research I knew that I wasn't going to have the RNY, but I was still "torn" between the Lap-Band & the VSG. I attended the information session and I was still not quite sure which one. I then scheduled my consultation w/the surgeon and when we were discussing things he actually told me that I would have more success w/VSG as opposed to the LB. I went home and talked with my husband and being the "Sweetheart" that he is, he told me that if I was going to do this, then I might as well go all the way with the VSG. Knowing that I had his support, really made this alot easier for me. Although I am doing this for myself and my health, it was so much easier knowing that he was supportive of this lifestyle change. I have Aetna and they require either a 6 month (PCP) program or a 4 month, I chose the 4 month multidisciplinary program & I had my last appointment today (YAY)!!!!! They will submit to Aetna next week & I am so excited. Hoping to be "SLEEVED" the last week of Feb/first week in March.

09/28/11 Information Session

10/17/11 Surgeon Consultation

10/20/11 1st Appt/Fitness Appt

11/19/11 Nut Appt

11/28/11 2nd Appt

12/19/11 2nd Nut Appt

12/28/11 3rd Appt/Psych Eval

01/27/12 4th & Final Appt

01/30/12 Submit to Insurance

00/00/00 Surgery Date

YAY! I am excited for you! I hope that you remember to keep your enthusiasm thru all the challenges. It makes the small victories that much sweeter! Best wishes to you.

Congrats Pooh! You should be excited! You're right around the corner! I am 2.5 weeks out from surgery. I am in NC, also. Which surgeon/team are you with?

Congrats to you!! You're doing an awesome thing for your health and your vanity! :) You'll feel so much better because of both! Here's hoping that insurance approval comes through very quickly!! :)

@Lissa & Mrs.Prisses, Thanks so much.

@Curvy Diva, I am with Carolinas Weight Management & Wellness Center (Dr. Demetrios Stefanidis) In Charlotte,NC

OMG! This is so exciting! I am so happy that your going to be joining our Big Loser's Club here! It is the best choice I could of ever made for myself. This is a life style change and when I actually catch myself eating great wild caught salmon with brocli I am stoked. This is the life. CONGRATS! I love your choice. ;)

@dorrie robles, Thanks so much. I am really excited about this. I actually called Aetna today to see if they have received my info and was told that it was there to be reviewed and the MD's office is looking at surgery date 02/29/12 (1 month away). I am so happy to be so close to a new life :pray:

Congrats sweets!