Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question For Gastric Sleeve Veterans...

After the initial loss (first month or two) what was your average loss per month? I have been sleeved for almost 5 months and If I count from the last 3 months, I am averaging about 8 pounds a month or 2 pounds a week. That includes the stalls and drops. I was just wondering if this is average for most people or am I on the slow end of the spectrum?

• 16.6 lbs-1st mo Aug 27 to Sept 27, 2010
  • 7.0 lbs-2nd mo Sept 27 to Oct 27
  • 6.8 lbs-3rd mo Oct 27 to Nov 27
  • 8.2 lbs-4th mo Nov 27 to Dec 27
  • 3.0 lbs-5th mo Dec 27 to Jan 27
  • 4.4 lbs-6th mo Jan 27 to Feb 27
  • 1.8 lbs-7th mo Feb 27 to Mar 27
  • 2.0 lbs-8th mo Mar 27 to Apr 27
  • 4.2 lbs-9th mo Apr 27 to May 27 (goal weight May 25, 2011)
  • 2.0 lbs-10th mo May 27 to Jun 27
  • 2.8-11th mo Jun 27 to July 27
  • 1.0-12th mo July 27 to Aug 27, 2011

You can see my progress in my signature, but I would say you are on the fast end of the spectrum. How far away from goal are you? How would you rate your program?

Are you strictly compliant to your plan?

Do you have an exercise routine you follow?

For me, these are the basis of my success. The scale will take care of itself and I should not be suprised if it doesn't if I can't rate my program very high.

You can see my progress in my signature, but I would say you are on the fast end of the spectrum. How far away from goal are you? How would you rate your program?

Are you strictly compliant to your plan?

Do you have an exercise routine you follow?

For me, these are the basis of my success. The scale will take care of itself and I should not be suprised if it doesn't if I can't rate my program very high.

Im 44 pounds from goal. I am a little over half way there at almost 5 months. I started doing circuit training and walking end of October but have slacked the last two weeks because of Christmas. I stalled for a couple of weeks when starting the exercise and only lost 6 pounds in November. I just began training for a 5k and back to circuit training again yesterday, now that I am not so busy with holiday crap.

I eat Protein first always, I have very good restriction--can only eat about 2oz of fish or meat at a sitting-- and only snack on high Protein things. I dont eat starch like rice or bread. I do eat an occassional cracker with my cheddar cheese but its minimal. I average about 650 to 800 calories a day. I have problems drinking enough fluids but i am working on that. I was told to add a few carbs like a bagel thin with Peanut Butter before exercising so I would have enough calories to burn and that did help get me out of that initial stall. I didnt eat that when I wasnt exercising though. I can only hold a fourth of a bagel thin with a tablespoon of pb which equates to about three small bites anyway, so its not that high in carbs or calories. The bagel thins are those really thin Bagels that are 100 calories for a whole one and I eat a 4th of it.

Anyways, I try to get at least 50 grams of protein. I dont worry about the rest of it. I track it occassionally so I can know my calories but I was obsessing about it, so I laid off tracking so much. It was pretty much the same every day anyway. I dont want to obsess about dieting! I just want to eat my protein, exercise and watch the magic happen! lol. Now, If I could just get more liquids in!

My loss by month-

Jan 2011-17 lbs

Feb-8 lbs

Mar-9 lbs

Apr-8.5 lbs

May-4 lbs

Jun-9 lbs

Jul-6 lbs

Aug-8 lbs

Sep-3.5 lbs-normal BMI of 25

Oct-6.5 lbs

Nov-6.5 lbs

Dec-2 lbs

Still losing and trying to stabilize. I low-carbed the whole time until normal BMI, then added in some fruit and dairy in small amounts. Don't worry about whether you are faster or slower than other people, just keep plugging along!

Woww that is great weight loss. Keep up the good work. I hope I can loose like that......... ;)

I think you're doing great! You can see my loss stats in my signature. I generally get around 800 calories, more on exercise days. I do aim to keep net carbs under 30 grams, though it has been higher over the past couple of weeks with some holiday treats. I start to panic if the scale hasn't moved in a week, but then it does....