Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Think Is Wl Related, Sorry

I am feeling wonderful after my surgery on 11/23/11. Lost 24lbs so far. I would of like to see that number a little higher by now, but I can’t complain. It’s all been good!

I am having a terrible time trying not to put the wrong foods in my mouth. I am on the soft foods face and there are plenty of choices out there, but I would hate to see myself making the same old wrong choices again L I am getting depressed!!

I have no one to talk to, I have no friends, I’ve been living in this new neighborhood for a year and don’t know anyone. I have a new job with lots of cool co-workers, but that’s it they are just CO-WORKERS! And when I finally thought that I finally made a friend at work, well I was wrong!

Why is it soooooo freaking hard to have and make friends???. I don’t want to say that I am the best friend out there, but I can say that I care, worry, enjoy and I am there for my friends, I’m I wrong to except the same in return??. It seems that I always meet the wrong people… maybe I am the “wrong” one. Sorry everyone, but I’m obviously having a hard time and is not only surgery related. I just needed to vent. Thank you for reading., and you all look wonderful!!!

Marita, I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now. Sounds like there are lots of changes in a short time. Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't know your age, but I know that as we get older it's a little harder to make friends. We have to be more proactive. But it's normal feeling that it's a time and energy investment. This surgery takes a great deal of time and energy too since we have to focus on healing, learning new eating, changing lifestyle etc. We go into a huge transition, not just weight loss! So be patient with yourself and take one day at a time! This board is a great place for support and information! It may help during this time of change. Best of luck on this journey!!!!!

I know how you feel. I am from the deep south and we are all friendly folks generally. I moved to south Texas two and a half YEARS ago, and I am yet to make a friend that is really a friend and not just a coworker or aquaintance. I miss having friends that I socialize with, shop with, have coffee with, etc., chat on the phone with. I have no one either. I met a nice lady at my support group and we email each other occassionaly and talk when we are at the meeting, but nothing beyond that. She did invite me to join her gym but I havent worked out the logistics for that yet. I have soooo much going on right now with family, etc.. I cant seem to get my schedule to coincide with hers for that. Anyway, she is the closest thing I can call a friend her in San Antonio. I wish I had all my buddies from Alabama here with me. I miss that close friendship I had with them. I use this board for my major support and it has been great! I really appreciate all the feedback I get and everyone knows what you are going through!

I am feeling wonderful after my surgery on 11/23/11. Lost 24lbs so far. I would of like to see that number a little higher by now, but I can’t complain. It’s all been good!

I am having a terrible time trying not to put the wrong foods in my mouth. I am on the soft foods face and there are plenty of choices out there, but I would hate to see myself making the same old wrong choices again L I am getting depressed!!

I have no one to talk to, I have no friends, I’ve been living in this new neighborhood for a year and don’t know anyone. I have a new job with lots of cool co-workers, but that’s it they are just CO-WORKERS! And when I finally thought that I finally made a friend at work, well I was wrong!

Why is it soooooo freaking hard to have and make friends???. I don’t want to say that I am the best friend out there, but I can say that I care, worry, enjoy and I am there for my friends, I’m I wrong to except the same in return??. It seems that I always meet the wrong people… maybe I am the “wrong” one. Sorry everyone, but I’m obviously having a hard time and is not only surgery related. I just needed to vent. Thank you for reading., and you all look wonderful!!!

Hi Marita, nice to meet you. welcome.gif

As far as your weight loss is concerned, i think you're right on target since 11/23/11, 24 lbs. is great. The number will keep moving up, you'll see.

As far as what foods you should eat in the soft phase (or any other phase) use your Bariatric Center, they will help you. Speak with your NUT - or maybe one of your "new" friends online can give their help too. Thats what we're here forsmile5.gif

I am glad your WLS went well, and thats not a problem. But you can always vent here about stuff.

Those people from work/neighborhoood will be the better when they find you as a friend. I'm sure you will meet new people and make friends, it takes more time sometimes. sorry i can't help you more with that.

continued good luck with your sleevesmile.gif

katjy

correction from above postsmile.png

"the number will keep moving up, you'll see"

i meant to say the number will keep moving down, you'll see. tee hee tee heebiggrin.png

kathy

THANK YOU ALL!

you girls are all so supportive!! -Forensikchic, I am soooo experiencing the same thing, it really makes me sad, but am an adult and just have to suck it up.

I am learning to leave my life totally relying on my family, which is limited to my husband and my 2 1/2 year old daughter. The rest of my inmediate family is in Chile which is where I'm from. My husband's family is here, but is just not the same.

thank you all :)