Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And The Issues Are Back...first Update

Well some of you might remember the complications I had that landed me in the hospital around the 2 month mark, increased swelling, stricture, small hole, kink in the sleeve, etc. Well there is the possibility I will land there again this weekend sad.png I'm trying really hard to just make it through until I can get in for another scope which isn't until Wednesday.

Over the last few weeks I have had an increasingly hard time eating. I take a bite and I am STUFFED. I have the "full burps" all day long, even before I eat anything in the morning. It's crazy. I dropped 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks! I am under a serious amount of stress so I assumed it was just the stress causing the restriction but usually that only lasts a few days not 2 weeks. So I finally gave in and went by the surgeons yesterday. He is on leave right now so I saw the nurse, then the PA and she went to talk to another surgeon. He said we absolutely need to do another scope. We talked about my acid reflux issues and my previous complications and hospital stay. He then called my surgeon who also called me. Both surgeons repeatedly told me to head to the ER if I get to the point to not being able to keep Water down, which is what happened last time, they both assumed I would get to that point which really stinks. They said the good thing from that though would be that if I was hospitalized I would get the scope sooner than I can now.

There was talk again about a revision to the RNY. Honestly I don't get how that could possibly help. I am well below my goal, so it's def not a matter of trying to lose weight. It scares me to think that if they revise me I would continue to lose. At this point I clearly haven't been able to get it to stop with the issues I am having. Good grief, I am in a size 2, I don't want to get any smaller at all. I never even thought a 2 would be physically possible for me anyways. Anyways, from what I gather they think if a revision is necessary, which they will NOT do it unless there are no other options, that it could help the reflux. They said there is the possibility that if there is a stricture, which really I have ever symptom of having one, then it could be caused by the reflux. UGH! I am praying it's just the stress. I do NOT want another surgery, I just want to be normal sad.png Things had been going fine, I was able to eat anything and everything just in small portions, and all of a sudden at nearly 10 months post op this hits. Oh and I assume my labs are going to be a hot mess too, I was a month behind in getting them done and finally went in with all these issues I'm having and because I started bruising everywhere. Literally, my legs are covered in bruises and I don't know why.

I hope its just the stress too. I will be praying for you to feel better soon and the weight loss to level off. Think positive thoughts!

Oh jeez... you just can't seem to catch a break, can you? And on a holiday weekend too, good grief. I hope you are able to get through the wait til your scope on Wednesday, and I sure hope they are able to find the problem this time around.

If it is caused by stress, now you have more stress added to it. Hope things get better for you....... Thinking healing thoughts for you. ;)

I'm so sorry that you've had and are having such a hard time. It must be awful to have done so well loosing and to be stuck with the other problems. I wonder why converting to GBS would help? I haven't had surgery yet but I have read that the sleeve can be harder to live with than GBS, maybe because of the acid reflux that often comes with the sleeve? I hope they figure out how to help you best soon so you are comfortable and not worried about this at least.

Best wishes!

Oh my gosh! I'm going through a leak right now and hate to think of a recurrence! I completely understand about just wanting to feel normal again. :( I pray for you it is all because of stress. On the bypass note, I was told it is a cure for acid reflux - that may be why they are suggesting it? I would be concerned also with being so far below goal already! Keep us posted.

Well some of you might remember the complications I had that landed me in the hospital around the 2 month mark, increased swelling, stricture, small hole, kink in the sleeve, etc. Well there is the possibility I will land there again this weekend sad.png I'm trying really hard to just make it through until I can get in for another scope which isn't until Wednesday.

Over the last few weeks I have had an increasingly hard time eating. I take a bite and I am STUFFED. I have the "full burps" all day long, even before I eat anything in the morning. It's crazy. I dropped 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks! I am under a serious amount of stress so I assumed it was just the stress causing the restriction but usually that only lasts a few days not 2 weeks. So I finally gave in and went by the surgeons yesterday. He is on leave right now so I saw the nurse, then the PA and she went to talk to another surgeon. He said we absolutely need to do another scope. We talked about my acid reflux issues and my previous complications and hospital stay. He then called my surgeon who also called me. Both surgeons repeatedly told me to head to the ER if I get to the point to not being able to keep Water down, which is what happened last time, they both assumed I would get to that point which really stinks. They said the good thing from that though would be that if I was hospitalized I would get the scope sooner than I can now.

There was talk again about a revision to the RNY. Honestly I don't get how that could possibly help. I am well below my goal, so it's def not a matter of trying to lose weight. It scares me to think that if they revise me I would continue to lose. At this point I clearly haven't been able to get it to stop with the issues I am having. Good grief, I am in a size 2, I don't want to get any smaller at all. I never even thought a 2 would be physically possible for me anyways. Anyways, from what I gather they think if a revision is necessary, which they will NOT do it unless there are no other options, that it could help the reflux. They said there is the possibility that if there is a stricture, which really I have ever symptom of having one, then it could be caused by the reflux. UGH! I am praying it's just the stress. I do NOT want another surgery, I just want to be normal sad.png Things had been going fine, I was able to eat anything and everything just in small portions, and all of a sudden at nearly 10 months post op this hits. Oh and I assume my labs are going to be a hot mess too, I was a month behind in getting them done and finally went in with all these issues I'm having and because I started bruising everywhere. Literally, my legs are covered in bruises and I don't know why.

Praying praying praying for you Sasi!!!! Hugs!! Please keep us updated on how you're doing... you are tiny already a Size 2. :( To think they may need to do a GB, that must be a very scary thought...

Sasicas - my thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray that you manage to stay out of the hospital, the scope finds the problem and that you are healed without further surgery.

Best of luck to you dear! All those complications are a high price for a size 2! Hope your labs turn out ok and there is a simple answer to your new problems.

Sasicas -hi - if i were you i would see another surgeon/dr. for another opinion. - in my opinion you shouldn't do anything so serious, a possible gastric bypass, without talking to another person or 2.

It never hurts to get another opinion just to be on the safe side. if all dr.s agree - then you can take it from there. But explore all your options, talk to people - you must be totally informed and understand why such a procedure is necessary to do because of your other troubles.

If they do tell you of a good alternative, its not always easy to understand - stay informed - very important

I'm only 8 days post op. but i'm just speaking as a regular patient - who is totally looking out for herself

anxious to hear your next step - best kathy

Thanks everyone. It is very scary and truthfully with how little I eat normally even when I'm feeling fine and only able to eat 1/4 cup at a time, it scares the snot out of me to think of how bad it would be if I get revised. My RNY friends all have food restrictions and to think of me having to deal witht hat too?! I don't know how I could stop losing weight with that. Seriously the size 2 already makes me nervous. I mean goodness, I have 4 kids, how many people with 4 kids expect to wear a size 2!?

The surgeon that was there and my surgeon when he called me both said they hope the revision to be the very last possible thing to turn to. the good thing is there are 6 surgeons that do WLS at my hospital and they all get together with each other to discuss the difficult cases so many opinions will go into it.

It just really stinks...

Well I had my scope done. No stricture. However they found a few things. First was a gastric polyp, they removed it and sent it for biopsy. They found Gastric mucosal abnormality characterized by erytherma. Quite the name, don't ya think? They biopsied that. And chronic gastritis, a specimen was sent out on that. I didn't see the doctors after I woke up just the nurse who went over quickly what the paperwork says. She said they are basically looking to see if I have H Pylori or some other odd issue going on. From what I gathered from my anesthesia induced haze I basically had swelling and redness in my sleeve and that polyp.

Now I wait. I won't see my surgeon again for 2 weeks :/ Wish I didn't have to wait that long. I'm tired of not being able to eat normal and frankly I am tired of losing weight. I keep hoping my body will get angry enough with the lack of calories that it starts holding onto what I have (never in my life did I think I would dread losing weight lol). I'm tired of everyone telling me I am getting too skinny, like I can magically control what my body is going through incazzato.gif

Just can't please everyone. First I was too fat, now too skinny. *grumble*

Anyways, like I said, now I wait. Oh and my labs looked fine. So odd considering I rarely take my Vitamins and haven't been able to eat normally and I am still dealing with all kinds of crazy bruising for no reason :/

So that is the update, I will update again in a few weeks once I have the results.

This whole thing stresses me out which doesn't help my weight either.

Im so glad you had all your labs and scope done... hope the Docs figure out what the heck is going on and fix it once and for all! Hang in there girl, sending you best wishes.

Good luck to you, I'm sure it's been so difficult with these issues - I hope the testing figures out what is going on!

Sending prayers to you!