Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision From Lap Band To Gastric Sleeve - Dec. 30th Big Date

I am 46 years young and trapped in an older person's body. I lost my late husband almost 10 years ago and when that happened, I decided it was time to get fit so that I could be there and Active for my two girls. I had the lap band surgery 8 months after his death. I have had many complications with it and was told that for some people, the band does not work and I happen to be one. I had 6 slippages, and one port flipping that had to be replaced.

Now- My girls are 16 and 20 and I am ready for a change. I had a double fusion two summers ago and still suffer from back pain as now the disc above the fusion is bulging due to upper body weight. If my body matched my legs, I would be in great shape. It doesn't however.

I am scheduled for Dec. 30th to have revision surgery. (Doctor is from Colleyville, TX) I am on protien powder currently which is killing me with the sweet taste. If I ever eat anything sweet, I always have to kill the taste with salty or sour. Pickle-chocolate-pickle-chocolate.

I am concerned like anyone going into urgery that something will go wrong. So far my life has not gone as planned and I am ready for a major change in my future... for the better : )

I come into this hoping for support and encouragement to get me through this new journey that I am in.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy New Years. As for New years.. I hope to be able to take my first few swallows of clear liquid from the hospital bed. Most possibly the best tasting toast to a great new year.

Welcome !! I can only speak for myself and am recently a band-sleeve revision (all in 1 surgery) and I have 1 regret- I didnt do it sooner- I'm sure a lot of people will tell you the same thing-I am only 4 weeks post op and still haveing some healing inside but for the most part am so happy I did this. Obviously any surgery is scary and there are a lot of what-if's going into it and you will have moments of wtf did I do after ward (i have had several) but all in all it was totally worth it.

I personally didnt have any problems with my band like most people do (erosion, slippage etc) but I had other health related issues that were thought to be from it (auto immune wise) I feel so better knowing that I no longer have a foreign body in me and the jury is still out to see if any of my other issues resolve or get better (they say it could be 6 months or so). FIngers crossed at that time I will again have no regrets.

This board is a great source of information, encouragement and feedback and you will hopefully make many new friends.

As far as your tastes go that will COMPLETELY change- things I loved before I cannot stand and vice versa- it is all part of the process.

Anyway- good luck and keep in touch- keep us posted!

Hi and welcome!!

I am too a revision from Lap band to sleeve. There are a LOT of us here. ;) Look around and read read read! There is even a lap band to sleeve revision forum here as well. Take care and well wishes on your new journey. :) I know I'm glad I did it!!!

I'm also a Lap-band revision, and I couldn't be happier that it's out and gone. I'm 10 days post-op, and found that this forum was a great source of information and encouragement. My questions got answered here. Wishing you well.

Another Band Revisioner here..... I'm almost 3 months out and I am so, so, so, so happy that I did this! Financially, it was a struggle. Emotionally, it was a struggle. Explaining to my family that I needed another weight loss surgery was a struggle. I'm a single mom to an 11-year old son, and I was nervous about putting myself (and him) through another surgery and recovery. Honestly, my Lapband recovery was more painful than the revision. Of course, the first month on liquids was excruciating..... but it's been wonderful since. No more "stuck" episodes, no vomiting, no pain......... all the things I suffered through for 3 years with the Band.

As of this morning, I'm down 30 pounds.....and.......fit into my size 14 jeans this morning! (Early Christmas present to me!)

Good Luck!