Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey- I am new to the site. I had the band a year ago, did really well and lost 70 lbs. I have gained back 10 in the last few months. All I think about is food. I am struggling very bad. Any suggestions on how to get back on track?:confused:

DWagner--

Welcome back to support 101---:confused:

I am NOT an expert....but for me is staying w/ the basics....pencil size eraser bites, chew to goo, wait a minute between bites, smaller plates, 64oz of Water each day, exercise....how long as it been since you've been filled?? Distraction.....BIG HELP!!!!!!!!! Find hobbies and activities that don't involve food!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -70lbs :)

I have yet to get my surgery. However, I know you can do it. I think maybe you should try some type of distraction. Get a good book, or take a walk. Something like that. I hope it helps. It isn't much, but I hope it gives you some time of encouragement.

God Bless,

Jeanie

I am taking exercise classes 2 nites a week. I stay at home now to help care for my 80 year old father. I used to work outside home and had lots of distractions. Now I find myself not being as active as I used to be. I do a lot of work at my church -work as the Director of our Ladies Ministry, choir, piano, etc. I have not had a fill in several months. Too ashamed to go to the dr. and him see my relapse.

10 lbs is not a relapse and not a reason to avoid a fill.

Go get filled, get back on track and start exercising.

If you keep procrastinating...the 10 will turn into 20..then 30...then 40....

you see the trend right.

yep your right. I need to get a fill. I enjoyed so much the steady down hill. I also have to take some medication for nerve damage in my leg and one of the side effects is increased appetite. But I have to take the meds to be able to walk. I had a complete knee replacement right after the lap band and a nerve was damaged. But I am keeping on keeping on. I really appreciate you guys talking to me. It is very encouraging to see the progress of everyone and others struggles some may have.

Let go of the shame idea, and free yourself to move forward. You have a lot of stress with taking care of your father, and you've experienced some major life changes. If you have been an emotional eater (haven't most of us?) then that is probably coming into play.

Please don't be ashamed; that is such a wasted emotion!

Mousecrazy I agree!!! People sure can get to "wallowing" quick and then we are ineffective!!!!

DWagner--you have some room for improvement....the band is a tool USE IT!!!! You are DEFINITELY not a failure....the last diet pre-band I was on I lost 70 + lbs and put them all on plus more!!! You CERTAINLY haven't done that!! Your catching it at a time that it's an "easy" fix....well kind of easy! :tea:

I noticed you said you do alot at church....pray ....have others pray!! God is into us!!!! He loves helping us!!!! Just ask Him!!!!!!!!!

GOd Bless,

Melody

banded 3/20/06 -70lbs :bowl:

Please, go to the doctor for yourself! You shouldn't be ashamed about the weight. Everyones weight will probably fluctuate some, especially when they are in stressful situations (caring for parent) or medication issues. You are doing great!

Take care of yourself. Get your fill. Maybe log into fitday.com and keep track of what your eating for a few days.

Shawn

DWagner

With this surgery there is no relapse - its a tool we can keep working with as long as we need it.

So as you've said, just pick up that phone, make that call, and get a fill.

Fills don't "stay" forever and if we try to ride out a fill for months or years, we will struggle at maintaining, and might even gain.

So please don't be hard on yourself and get filled (you've probably sweated off a bit of whatever you had as a fill before).

Keep us posted.

Ashamed to see your doctor? Hell, he'll be THRILLED to see you! Not only does it put money in his pocket, he just loves to be needed. They all do. Makes 'em feel important.

lol

Get your fill, move forward. Come back and let us know how you're doing.

Hey- I am new to the site. I had the band a year ago, did really well and lost 70 lbs. I have gained back 10 in the last few months. All I think about is food. I am struggling very bad. Any suggestions on how to get back on track?:Banane56:

Hey you are still down 60lbs!!! Don't be ashamed....I doubt your doc would judge you...you are going thru some major stress. Look at it this way.....you now take care of your dad and yourself! Take a few moments out and meal plan...you're already exercising...that is awesome!

Hi There

I am in the same boat. I gained 17 lbs. Went from 339 to 260 lbs and now back up. I will get another fill in august. I know I need to get back to working out and eating small meals again. I agree with everyone..go get a fill and start working out again...That is what I am going to do...I would hate to get back up to 300 lbs....again

later

Joe

D,

Your doctor will probably suprise you, chances are they consider you a success! call Monday to schedule a fill (I'm doing it too!), when you go for the appt be honest and let them know if you're eating bread/beef/chicken.. this will help determine the amount of fill to give you.

I'm sure this is not news to you, but you came for advice and I'm throwing around my 2 cents!

You're on the right track with exercise classes, I'm not sure how much free time you have... but I find LBT a bit addictive and I don't eat when I'm on the computer. So, coming here helps me! After I put my son to bed, I'm here for a few hours easy... it keeps me out of the pantry :Banane56:

I can't say I'm a success, but being here - knowing others are going thru the same issues actually gives me hope/ideas.

I'm making a pact with myself to make better food choices beginning NOW... I'm going to make a real effort to get in my Protein and Water this week. Baby steps.

All the best,

Karla