Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fgf: Get Pumped For 2012! What's Your Resolution?

Heyaaa VST!! It's FEEL GOOD FRIDAY!!! Sometimes we have to revv our engines to get to feeling that spark we need to get things moving. We NEED goals in our lives to keep feeling achievements. This doesn't necessarily have to be weight loss driven. It can be anything we want or need to improve on in our lives.

This time next year, I will dredge up this post and see how many of us have accomplished our "goal". Good luck!!

For me, my New Year's Resolution is to fully and truly accept the new me. It's a real daily chore, sometimes hitting "goal" is not just waking up one day and being happy and satisfied. It takes a lot of mental work too. I'm not saying I don't, because I do - but there are little times when my brain doesn't want to register this. So, I propose to myself that by the end of next year, I won't allow any of those into my thoughts. So, in short, I guess my goal is to never have another weight loss goal. Haha!! ;)

Keep up all the awesome work everyone! Y'all are the most successful bunch of folks I've ever come across.

Happy Friday and thanks for the post. I feel really good. I just did my 30 minute powerwalk and logged it in to livestrong. Thanks for giving us that free website the other day. I love the way it works.

Enjoy your day and take care.

My resolution for 2012 are as followes:

1. love my husband like he has never been loved before. With out him I would not be where I am at right now

2. make it to my goal of 130.5 and possible go to 125.

3. embrace the new me

Establish a work out routine and stick to it!

Two days ago I was cleared to start an exercise program. So far I just feel overwhelmed. I already play semi-competetive volleyball on Fridays and I think I'm gonna do the weight machines at my gym and/or swimming on Saturdays. Then Yoga/Pilates on Sunday. Because of my work schedule I really only have those three days for a work out. If anyone has any pointers let me know. I really don't know where to begin, I'm just spit ballin here. lol

1. lose weight.

2. become a gym rat. lol.

3. learn to love myself.

4. learn my sleeve.

5. get back into school.

6. pay off some debt.

7. become a social butterfly.

8. become more fashionable.

Great resolution Lisa! I'm huge on the workouts and I completely believe you *must* do this to live a healthy and fit lifestyle. What I do to ensure I'm fitting my workouts in and doing it at least 6x per week is I get myself up earlier in the morning. I will wake up an hour early every morning. Starting my day off right with a good workout and topping it off with a healthy Protein shake with 30g Protein just makes the day for me.

Good luck!

Diva, thanks for the suggestion! I didn't think about a home workout. My mind was thinking about the gym. LOL.

I could get up early for Yoga cuz I have it on DVD. If I wanted to do weights at home in the mornings, I would have to buy some. How many pounds should I start with? I think I would need like a kit where I could get a set of weights plus a beginners workout DVD. How much time should I spend on a morning workout since I'm just beginning? Any other tips?

When the weather is nice here in Minnesota, which is only like June and July (just kidding), I can go for an outdoor workout too.

I don't do a whole lot of weight training. I do more resistance band type - I gain muscle very easily and I'm wasn't going after the muscle bound woman look. LOL ;) I'm not sure of your body type so it would be hard for me to advise you on that, or what kind of look youre going after. That said, I think some 5-10 Lbs are an easy start. Yoga DVDs are great! Anything you can do at home is good. Look into perhaps some cardio type DVDs too if you can. I love Leslie Sansone, Billy Blanks, Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper (great with Yoga)... all them. They are really kick butt!

I would consider Leslie Sansone more beginner, and Jillian Michaels and Billy Blanks more more advanced. Super advanced would be P90X or Insanity... LOL I've never done those before.

I also like to encourage the couch to 5k program! http://www.fromcouchto5k.com/articles/training/the-couch-to-5k-training-plan/ When you get to more outdoors, running is the best! At least in my opinion it is... LOL :) If you have the means and the room in your home, I did invest in my own workout equipment too. I have an elliptical, stationary bike and treadmill. You can sometimes find great deals in the papers after the New Year, or if you wait until around June, some folks will sell them for cheap because they actually never use them... which in my world is a crime!!

I just figured why spend monthly dues on a Gym Membership when I can have one right in my own home? I pay once and I have it until I run it into the ground. It also removes that "Ohhhh I gotta go to the gym... :( " Excuse... Haha!

I am being sleeved on January 23, 2012, so my resolution is going to be that this is the LAST TIME I resolve to lose weight in a new year! I have had the same resolution(s) for the past 20-years and I am SO.OVER.IT. banghead.gif

2012 is gonna be my year. Finally! cheer2.gif

I'm going to resolve to follow my Dr's orders after my surgery. Sounds like a no-brainer resolution but I'm one to want to push and do things just a little faster than they want. With the sleeve surgery, I just want to follow my Dr's plan for me. Accept it and follow it.

To get that acceptance letter and make it to surgery, no matter what!

I want to run my first 10k and start training for a half marathon. I just started running this year and I LOVE it. I have done 3 5ks and new years eve will be my 4th.

I also want to learn to love myself, it will take longer then a year but I have to start somewhere.

My goal for 2012 is to learn how to live in this new body of mine. To wrap my head around my new weight and body. It is hard to see what everyone else sees right now.

I am going to start saving $ for possible plastics in late 2012. I want to maintain for a while - but I am currently still losing. I don't want to go much lower so I will have to adjust my diet soon to stop the loss. I will need to figure out how to do that in 2012 also. My goal was 155 - currently 148.4 today. My husband and friends say that I should stop... actually what husband said is... don't turn into a bag of bones! Nice. I feel very good where I am right now - do not want to go below 145 - but wonder where my body would stop if I continued...??? Current BMI is 22.6 - and size 4 or 6 and smalls.

The head thing is most important for 2012 - I am generally a very balanced person. But for some reason I am having trouble letting go of the scale and the need to be on a "diet". I need to adjust my thinking and get into a mode of living that is "eating to live" not "living on a diet" Not sure if anyone can relate or not. Perhaps a good therapist can help me. It has become such a "control" issue, me vs the scale. I really get down over a couple of ounces. And find if the scale has even stayed the same - I get disappointed. Really it is insane.. why cant I see that I am where I should be and don't need to fight the scale anymore?

SO my goal is a little head work in 2012... and to maintain! :)

Have a blessed Christmas everyone and a very amazing New Year!

Kim

im sure its normal to feel this way. we choose surgery & although we have surgery done, i dont think we realize whats in front of us. like yes, we know we are going to lose the weight but SEEING IS BELIEVING! so when you began seeing weight loss, that became your new addiction! now you have to battle another addiction to stop the loss. it is hard to switch your mind up but with time, youll adjust. a psychiatrist may be a big help as well along with any support groups in your area.

good luck to you!

My goal for 2012 is to learn how to live in this new body of mine. To wrap my head around my new weight and body. It is hard to see what everyone else sees right now.

I am going to start saving $ for possible plastics in late 2012. I want to maintain for a while - but I am currently still losing. I don't want to go much lower so I will have to adjust my diet soon to stop the loss. I will need to figure out how to do that in 2012 also. My goal was 155 - currently 148.4 today. My husband and friends say that I should stop... actually what husband said is... don't turn into a bag of bones! Nice. I feel very good where I am right now - do not want to go below 145 - but wonder where my body would stop if I continued...??? Current BMI is 22.6 - and size 4 or 6 and smalls.

The head thing is most important for 2012 - I am generally a very balanced person. But for some reason I am having trouble letting go of the scale and the need to be on a "diet". I need to adjust my thinking and get into a mode of living that is "eating to live" not "living on a diet" Not sure if anyone can relate or not. Perhaps a good therapist can help me. It has become such a "control" issue, me vs the scale. I really get down over a couple of ounces. And find if the scale has even stayed the same - I get disappointed. Really it is insane.. why cant I see that I am where I should be and don't need to fight the scale anymore?

SO my goal is a little head work in 2012... and to maintain! :)

Have a blessed Christmas everyone and a very amazing New Year!

Kim

hi all i just had my sleeve done. 12/15/11 - Heres what i want for 2012

i have many self esteem issues (others probably do too)

I had to take an early retirement.

my big hope for the new year is doing volunteer work. since i have always felt self- conscious, i didn't want to go out much

so when (not if) when i lose the weight i'll feel more comfortable in my skin to go out and volunteer , and other good stuff.

Now which came first the chicken or the egg?

Do i lose weight, so i can feel better about myself and do the volunteer work i've always wanted to do?

OR

Do i volunteer first, feel better about myself, and then lose weight?smile5.gif ROFL

They'll both make me feel terrificthumbsup.gif

kathy