Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wtf? Rebound? How?

Ah hell!!!

Ok so finally got to just 3lb from goal at the weekend - I want to be at goal by Christmas, and 3lb in 2 weeks is totally do-able, right???

Well yesterday morning I weighed, and I was 6lb from goal - SIX!!! that is twice as far from goal in just two days.

More than a little bit miffed I weighed in this morning, and am still 6lb from goal - gutted!

This evening I did the most stupid thing of all, I weighed at the end of the day (I don't normally do this), and now I am 9, yes NINE POUNDS from goal, just so upset, this is a massive fluctuation, and not something which normally happens to me.

I seriously doubt my ability to shed 9lb in the next 11 days.

Damn! :(

I don't know how, but I'd ignore the 9 pound weigh-in since that was not at the normal time you weigh. Besides six pounds sounds more doable -- time to exercise! :)

Awwww I'm sorry! The scales can be so brutal sometimes. It is so frustrating when we are doing everything right and sticking to plan, and the scales still like to play games with our heads. Just work like its possible, and who knows, it could happen, or if not, you can come so close that you'll make it to goal just after. Good luck and keep that pretty chin held up!!

I noticed when it is my "friends" time to visit each month that I go up and down. Stick in there! Prob just water....try not to look at scale a couple of days and just stick to what you should be eating. I did that for two weeks and was pleasantly surprised!!! HUGS!!

You can do it. Stop speaking the negative for yourself. It can be done and it will be done is the state of mind that you should have. You are stressing yourself out that's where the weight is coming from. Calm down, you will do it.

There's no way you can gain 3 lbs of fat (or muscle) overnight. It's Water and it will go away soon, I'm sure. Cut down on sodium and watch it go!

Cludgie, HUGS!!! It's not a race!!! LOL Girl, look how far you've come--celebrate!!! I completely "get" why you'd like to be at goal by X or Y date, but it's your body you're talking about, and you've given it a much longer, healthier life by what you've already done--don't get mad at it now!! Bouncing around is part of the process--just ignore it, keep doing what you know to do, maybe up the Water, and check your salt consumption. If it is TOM, there ya go; if not, salt may be your issue.

And why in the world would you weigh at the end of the day?? I avoid that scale like poison any time after my morning weigh-in because I KNOW I'm going to be 3 or 4 pounds heavier at the end of the day AT LEAST, depending on what and when I last ate, if I've been to the ladies' room recently, or the clothes I have on my body. That scale does not define you; it's just numbers! Think of what you'd tell someone else in your same situation--why would you be nicer to that person than you're being to yourself??

It will all come out okay. Hang in there!!

Cludgie my friend,

don't sweat the small stuff my lovely... from the look of your pictures, Christmas came early for you!!

Those pesky pounds will go away as quick as they came... xx

I know how you feel. I want to be at 210 or 215 by Christmas and the scale has been going from 218,219,220 for over 3 weeks. and I've been working out like a mad woman! That darn scale!!!!

Gosh! I so remember the frustration ... those last few pounds seemed like they would never come off. I bounced, giggled, teased, and tossed about. Then, one day, whammo! I dropped 4 pounds "overnight". Now, I know I really didn't, but that's what it took for the scale to show my hard work.

I know you have a specific date in mind for your goal, but unfortunately, our bodies don't work that way. You WILL reach your goal ... just keep following your plan. Who knows when your "whammo" will happen! aureola.gif

just Water weight, or poop. lol

dont fret, look at the fact that you are soooooo close to goal. you have done so good, dont let this discourage you! you can do it!!!!! we are all cheering you on! :)