Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Gastric Sleeve Surgery Story- New To All Of This!

CONGRATS!!!! im being sleeved on the 20th as well at 8am. :)

Oh my GOSH!! just talked to the surgeon's office, and scheduled the surgery for the 20th!!!! Now I am SCARED!!! lol. It's a happy scared, though. I am just so excited that it's all coming together!

Yay! We are sleeve sisters, jas!

Today I went and had my EKG done. They also drew a whole bunch of blood for tests- I was amazed because they kept me so distracted with questions I didn't even get nervous about the needle- in the past I have had anxiety so bad about the needle that I almost pass out! The nurse who did the EKG was super nice, and said that at first glance my test looked great! Five days left til surgery...

Congrats on your surgery date, I can't believe how quickly it happened for you! The pre-op testing was crazy, I was there for almost 5 hours!!

Thanks indymom! How long ago were you sleeved? I am so excited to get this all done and be onthe loser's bench!!

yay! are you getting nervous yet? i am!!! 2 ppl died in my family within the last 2 weeks & my family said "deaths come in 3" and i freaked out!!! 2 other ppl died in my bestfriends circle & she said the samething & i said WELL NOT ME!!!! im getting really nervous. im sure ill be ok but sheesh... :/

Yay! We are sleeve sisters, jas!

Today I went and had my EKG done. They also drew a whole bunch of blood for tests- I was amazed because they kept me so distracted with questions I didn't even get nervous about the needle- in the past I have had anxiety so bad about the needle that I almost pass out! The nurse who did the EKG was super nice, and said that at first glance my test looked great! Five days left til surgery...

Oh my goodness! People can be so dramatic! You have a better probability of getting run over crossing the street than you do of sying with this surgery!

Tomorrow morning I am getting an endoscopy done- I have to be there at 6:30am! It's under anesthesia, so I get a little taste of what the "surgery" experience will be ahead of time, minus the incisions of course.

is that a fact? cuz that really eased my fears! HAHA! :)

anesthia is not bad unless it makes you sick. only effect it has on me is that i get sleepy after waking up which im sure is expected. lol. they usually tell u that ur going to sleep but sometimes dont. lol. for my endoscopy, i felt myself falling asleep like slipping into it. for surgery, i just knocked out! ive had 2 surgeries. lol.

Oh my goodness! People can be so dramatic! You have a better probability of getting run over crossing the street than you do of sying with this surgery!

Tomorrow morning I am getting an endoscopy done- I have to be there at 6:30am! It's under anesthesia, so I get a little taste of what the "surgery" experience will be ahead of time, minus the incisions of course.

Haha, I read that somewhere else on these boards I think. My therapist said that the golden rule of trust with a surgeon is whether or not they have done the procedure 1000 times. If so, you're good!

hmmmm.. im not sure if he has done over 1000 (im sure he has done over 1000 including other bariatric surgies but not sure about 1000 sleeves. hes not really that old & vsg isnt that old either lol) but i know 5 people he has done the vsg on and they all are doing well! i guess thats enough for me. im not so much worried about him persay, its more me! lol.

Haha, I read that somewhere else on these boards I think. My therapist said that the golden rule of trust with a surgeon is whether or not they have done the procedure 1000 times. If so, you're good!

36 hours til surgery! My surgery is scheduled for 10 am.... Ack! I am scared!

my surgery is scheduled for 8am! ahhhhhh! lol

36 hours til surgery! My surgery is scheduled for 10 am.... Ack! I am scared!

The EGD wasn't so bad until I woke up from the anesthesia. I must have fought them when they were doing the procedure because I had a fingerprint-shaped bruise on one side of my jawline/throat area, and was very sore on both sides. I am only just now not quite so tender on the sides of my face!

Jas- are you counting down the hours? I am!!!!!

jas wow that is crazy support have you had your sleeve yet? cris you sound like me my hubby was always you dont have to do this your pretty just the way you are, i know he loves me he has to bc i am a mean wife never happy but i got approved with in the week bc i had diabietis and sleep ap and so on and i had the sleeve the next 2 wks i was so excited and so scared dont really know why i have cancer so i should have been good lol i think it was the needles bc i knew as soon as they would do the iv they would not be able to find the vain lol they told me we do this all day long your in good hands wellll i kid you not it took 10 times until someone found the vain and then it was not that good so when i was out they found a better one lol i told them. well i had my surgery nov 16th and lost 37lbs and not sure why but gained 5lbs back still trying to find someone to answer my question to why that is or if it is normal. good luck to you i am so happ that you are having this. after wards i was just in gas pain but as soon as i started burping and passing i was fine. the real problem i have is that the protien makes me have diarreaha but lots of ppl told me that is normal. the new why liquid protien is the best i mixed it with sf koolaids and had 4 16oz bottles of Water set out everyday and that was how i kept up with my water intake. sip your water every 15min use a alarm that will go off 15min all day and sip through a meds cup and you will get it in it is hard but dont stop....yay you!!!! i see ur from garland i am in denison!!!! nice to meet you.

Thanks Kari! So do you still have cancer? If so, it must be so stressful with that on top of wls and everything else going on this time of year!

My hubs has been super sweet to me and is looking forward to the results, but the whole idea of surgery has him in knots. He's practically been writing my epitaph the last couple days here lol!