Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Restriction Feel Like Being "full"?

I'm on my third week, and I get "restriction"- I can tell I've had plenty of soup/pudding and I stop..20 minutes later I want more though!

Do you get hungry more often with the sleeve, once you're on solids? How long do you stay "full"?

Does feeling "full" actually feel like being full did before being sleeved, or is it a new sensation altogether?

For me, old full and sleeve full feel very similar, but I usually try very hard to avoid getting all the way to full. I do my best to stop at satisfied because full feels uncomfortable for me now. I don't get hungry post sleeve very often. One of the tricks I've learned is to distinguish between really needing food and the desire to "top off" (which is can be bad for weight loss). It can be harder to make that distinction with sliders like Soup and pudding, but I find that it is much easier with more dense Protein.< /p>

I didn't the feeling of fullness (like pre-sleeve) per se until I was 1.5- 2 months out........ I think the nerves are still healing and thats why it took so long to feel it again? Big difference post op on what make you full though!

For me, it was a matter of learning to eat until I wasn't hungry instead of eating until I was full. There's a huge difference. :-)

Full now feels really uncomfortable and is nauseating--if I eat too much (or too fast!), I get that uncomfortable sense of pressure and the need to burp--if I do burp, sometimes that will relieve it, but if it doesn't because I really have eaten too fast, sometimes that has led to needing to throw up. NOT pleasant. I now routinely undereat my sleeve to allow room for those digestive juices without giving me that pain and pressure.

I'm on my third week, and I get "restriction"- I can tell I've had plenty of soup/pudding and I stop..20 minutes later I want more though!

Do you get hungry more often with the sleeve, once you're on solids? How long do you stay "full"?

Does feeling "full" actually feel like being full did before being sleeved, or is it a new sensation altogether?

Hi Siren :)

For me, once I got to solids, that was when I got full very fast and it lasted what seemed forever. I never felt hungry... ever. I rarely get hungry even today. The feeling of full with the sleeve for myself is nothing like "normal" in the beginning. However I must say that the further out I get, the more normal the full feeling gets.

HTH

Ok....so I m not going crazy. Started the full liquids today and I feel pressure but not full. I stopped because I had a 1/2 cup cream Soup and a few bites watermelon. I didnt feel full but I felt funny so I stopped. I dont wanna push.....now the problem is I still feel hungry. Wow getting to know my sleeve is no joke. I hope it gets better....

I think many of us who say we feel hungry are not feeling hungry but experiencing too much stomach acid. I do feel a strong twinge of emptiness in my tummy after not eating for a few hours, but it doesn't last long. If I skip a meal my stomach does not complain. I do not feel hungry like I use to. I never get an achy grumbly gurgly stomach with a headache like I used to from being terribly hungry. But like right now, I just ate a meal, which I did feel full from --and here I am 20 minutes later and I have an achy feeling in my tummy. I know it can not be hunger but it does feel sort of like a hunger pang I get when my sleeve is empty. My guess is it is stomach acid.

When I get full with my sleeve it is what I think a normal feeling of being full should be. I just get a sign a in my brain that I have had enough to eat and a tight feeling in my tummy. Now I do sometimes mentally want to eat more and it sometimes is hard to not let myself keep eating in that case, but my sleeve stops me from going overboard. Before sleeve I would eat so fast til I was totally stuffed and miserable with stomach pressure and pain. Now I just eat till there is no more empty feeling. Sometimes I do feel physically full after eating when I push it, when it is something really yummy and I feel a little nauseous from it so it deters me from overeating the sleeve.

Ok....so I m not going crazy. Started the full liquids today and I feel pressure but not full. I stopped because I had a 1/2 cup cream Soup and a few bites watermelon. I didnt feel full but I felt funny so I stopped. I dont wanna push.....now the problem is I still feel hungry. Wow getting to know my sleeve is no joke. I hope it gets better....

I get this EXACT same sensation. I'm now on soft/pureed foods at 3.5 weeks, and this is essentially how I still feel. It's an odd sensation of pressure that goes away momentarily, and it makes me stop with caution as I don't want to harm my sleeve. I'm sure that it's normal, and your sleeve is equipped to deal with this "pressure" but likely an indicator to slow down.

Hi Siren :smile1:

For me, once I got to solids, that was when I got full very fast and it lasted what seemed forever. I never felt hungry... ever. I rarely get hungry even today. The feeling of full with the sleeve for myself is nothing like "normal" in the beginning. However I must say that the further out I get, the more normal the full feeling gets.

HTH

Yay!Thats what I want to hear :) Right now, on soft foods and blended stuff I simply get the "pressure" myself and LadyKanKan described above, I never feel a feeling of "satisfied", but rather pressure: "OK, I guess my stomach is full of that stuff for now"...then the feeling is gone in 1-2 minutes after, and I can consume more, but I tend not to.

I now have to gauge whether I should have a Protein shake or some blended stuff by watching the clock, or those feelings of hunger.

I do genuinely get grumbles and feelings of lethargy and hunger. It's no where NEAR the fiendish, overwhelming cravings for food I used to get pre-sleeve, but it's apparent during a busy work day or when I'm out.

The concept of consuming solid foods only 3x a day in small portions seems amazing to me, because I'm consuming pureed/liquid foods nearly every 2 hours or so.