Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wore A Belt For The First Time.

Here in Texas (I'm sure other states do too) we wear big blingy, shiny stuff. Well... I was always able to wear the rings and necklaces and stuff like that but was always too self-conscious to wear the belts. Well... my cloths are all falling off and I needed a belt.... I don't and haven't owned a belt in years.... like since the silver laced belt was in style (hope everyone knows what that is). So.... I'm in my room and I have a pair of pants on and every time I bend over or walk or do anything my pants were falling down around my hips and I was complaining about wishing Christmas would hurry up and get over so I could spend some money on some new cloths. Having two teenage daughters my money goes on them and not on me. Anyway,.... My 17 yr old daughter, who is a size 4, walks in and says "Here... Where my belt." I told her as I was putting it through the belt loops that there was no way in the world that her belt would ever fit me. Then it happen.... I buckled it on the second hole. The SECOND hole! I almost cried again. Now I'm going to go buy me a very pretty belt to wear. May even save me some money on jeans.

Hey Julie ... congrats... another great NSV!

I too have started to wear belts with my trousers and jeans... it is saving me a fortune in new clothes too! Especially when I was in between sizes. I am hoping that one day I can wear one, like you, for 'fashion' and to pretty up an outfit!!

Awww Julie, that's awesome!!!! Girl, buy a few belts.. you don't want to be mooning folx!!! LOL!! Keep up the awesome work!!

That's awesome! Congrats on such a great NSV.

Congrats! I love belts! There are sooo many cute ones out there! Have fun! :)

I also live in Texas and I can't wait to get one of those Blingy belts! :) haha I doubt that I will ever wear something of my girls who are 20 and almost 17 because they wear a 2 and a 00, but one day soon I will get that BLING belt... Hoping to be sleeved late Jan early Feb. CAN'T WAIT!!!! thanks for the inspiration :)

Hey Sherry. Do you have your date yet? I will be 4 months out on the 4th of next month. I'm telling you this was the best decision I have ever made!

Yeahhh!!! Congrats!! I know belts saved me as I was going through all the sizes. :) Have fun finding some really cute ones!

Now THAT is a great NSV! Congratulations, I remembe the first time I had to wear a belt, it felt amazing and awe inspiring :)

Woo hoo Julie!!!! You go girl!!! I can imagine how great it must have felt to put on your daughter's belt! and on the second hole!!!! I would have loved to have seen your face in that moment! I love this NSV!

No I don't have a specific date yet but I'm hoping the last week of Jan. 1st week of Feb. as long as things stay on track like they are now. I have to do a 10 week online program for my insurance to cover, (I'm in week 5 now!) plus the 4 months of weighing in and seeing nut before that. After my 10 week program is up then I have to go to 1 class and they said I could sch. after that. I've bee in the process since June 28th. I can't wait!!! :)