Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feedyoureye, that's amazing! What were you doing here? My parents are from Agra, but I currently live in Bangalore.

I've read that you're a vegetarian, so once I get back to California, I'll definitely be trying out a lot more of the foods that you have been eating!

You're right about learning to use the weighing scale as my friend. I need to get over my fear.

Thank you so much for your response, but I tried Seitan once, and the texture grossed me out!

We do get soy meat here, which I have not tried. I'm not sure what the Protein content is like, but I'll have a look when I find it!

http://en.wikipedia....getable_protein

Soy meat can be quite nice. Its all really about the sauce or Soup its in. The texture of Saitan can be a problem, or really good, give it another chance,

the right texture can be found and is really good. Try asian markets... I have just found a vietnamese take out here in Sacramento that makes amaizing veg dishes from tofu and saitan. My hobby is making fake meat! It can be really fun! Best of luck to you.

Bad Habits: I eat some type of sweet every day

I am getting most of my Protein from Protein drinks. I found some I really like and it's so much easier for me that trying to eat a bunch of Protein rich foods.

I don't eat on a regular schedule, just when ever I feel hungry or if it is "time" to eat.

I graze.

I weigh every day and sometimes twice (if I have had a BM...TMI!)

Sometimes I eat a bite too much...still!

Good Habits: I take a Zumba class 4-6 times a week. Exercise keeps me HAPPY.

I take my meds and supplements religiously for the first time ever

I get in all my protein every day 60-90 grams

I read this and other forums daily to stay encouraged and to share my joy at being sleeved with others

Soy meat can be quite nice. Its all really about the sauce or Soup its in. The texture of Saitan can be a problem, or really good, give it another chance,

the right texture can be found and is really good. Try asian markets... I have just found a vietnamese take out here in Sacramento that makes amaizing veg dishes from tofu and saitan. My hobby is making fake meat! It can be really fun! Best of luck to you.

Ok! I'll look up some recipes and pick up a box of soy meat! I've found a Protein bar here in India that I enjoy. It helps a lot, because it adds 200 calories, and 10 grams of Protein. It's not as high in protein as the ones in the States, but it'll do!

Perhaps I'll give the Seitan another try once I get back to California. Thank you!

My bad habits:

I don't log my food everyday, I like myfitnesspal I just need to get into the habit of using it for food, I track my weight there (I weigh myself pretty much every day but don't let the normal fluctuations get me down, I know I am not going to drop every day).

That being said I am sure I am not getting enough Protein everyday this is a very bad thing and I need to get myself on track.

I don't exercise at all. I keep saying I want to go tot he gym but never get myself to go, I know I need to start doing something, it is like I am fighting with myself about it.

I rarely take my Vitamins.

I eat more carbs than I need to.

I eat too much junk

Eat too fast

Don't exercise enough

Procrastinate

Don't weigh often enough now (used to weigh everyday). Think I am denying habits I am allowing myself to fall into!