Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here Wanting To Ask Questions

Guest TOMSKITTY

Guest TOMSKITTY

HI,IM 49 YRS OLD.FEMALE,THREE CHILDREN.LIVE IN KINGSLAND TX.

IM THINKING OF HAVING THE LAPBAND AND WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT.WHAT IT PERTAINS TO.WHAT THE COST IS IN BEAUMONT TX WITH DR FELIX SPIEGEL.SIDE EFFECTS AND SO ON.IF ANYONE CAN SHARE INFORMATION WITH ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH.

MY DAUGHTER IS A NURSE IN BEAUMONT TX AND SHE WANTS ME TO HAVE THE LAPBAND DONE.I HAVE A LOT OF MEDICAL ISSUES AND I THINK THE LAPBAND WOULD RESOLVE SOME OF THOSE ISSUES.

I HAVE BEEN OVER WEIGHT FOR PROBABLY 15 YRS AND HAVE FOUGHT MY WEIGHT UNTIL I FINALLY JUST GAVE UP AND DECIDED THIS WAS HOW I WAS MEANT TO BE.

IM FIVE FOOT TWO INCHES TALL AND WEIGH 240 LBS.WITH ALL THE HEALTH ISSUES I FEEL LIKE THE LAPBAND IS MY LAST CHANCE TO GET HEALTHY.I FEEL LIKE THE RISKS ARE ABOUT EVEN WITH THE MEDICAL ISSUES,SO I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BY HAVING THE SURGERY DONE.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS FORUM,I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW EVERY THING I CAN ABOUT THIS PROCEDURE...THANKS...

I'm in the same boat. I'm 50, 2 children, 5'4", 222, overweight for over 15 years. Interested in surgery with Dr. Hadar Spivak in Houston. What does he charge for surgery? Where is surgery done? Any of his patients out there? How much does he charge for fills? How does he do fills? How long before 1st fill after surgery? Any info. and advice greatly appreciated.

Welcome to you both! I hope someone here can help you with specific information pertaining to your location. You might also try asking your questions of the doctor's office directly--they often have a printed info sheet that can easily be faxed or mailed. Obviously the best source of information on a specific doctor is that doctor's own office.

With regard to your other questions, you've come to the right place! A great way to start is reading old messages and threads, and posting new questions about things you want to know. We have bandsters at all stages of the game, and we're happy to help.

Once again, welcome!! :D:):D

HEllo to both of you.I hope ya'll find what ya'll are looking for.I had my surgery with DR.Spiegel on the 28th of April.I am glad so far that I had it done.That is a great office to go too.I have lost 15 pounds so far.My insurance paid for my surgery and I go for my first fill on the 31st of may.If I can help you can email me at jjfredericks4@aol.com or here.

good luck

Joyce

4/28/04 banded

225/210/?

Hello to both of you! I had my surgery with Dr. Spiegel in Pt Neches. Self pay including the hospital with him is $ 17,600.00. He places a band that is inflatable around the top part of your stomach, then a few weeks after the surgery he adds saline to make the opening to your stomach smaller. This surgery is totally reversible, so if you do have any problems it can be taken out and everything will be back to normal. I had diabetes and high blood pressure before the surgery and since I have lost weight I no longer take meds for either. I would do this again yesterday. I hope I have answered some questions for you. If you have any more, feel free to post.

Guest TOMSKITTY

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.IF YOU COULD GIVE ME DR.SPIEGELS OFFICE NUMBER I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM.I WANT GET ALL THE INFORMATION I CAN....TOMSKITTY

The number is 1-409-719-0009. His office staff is very friendly and will be more than happy to help you!!

Guest TOMSKITTY

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LAPBAND IN MEXICO.I TALKED TO A LADY THAT SAID IT WAS $6,000 THERE.WOULD LIKE INFO ON THAT ALSO.THANKS

Hi there I also had Dr. Spiegel and he is great, your first visit with him he will answer all of your questions and spend as much time with you as needed. As far as Mexico I don't know much about it but I do know that I was extremely sore for about 3 days and I commend the people who could travel but there is no way I could have handeled that. But maybe I am just a wimp anyway good luck. Ginny

299/283/130

I had surgery in Mexico by Dr. Kuri. The cost is $8500 for the standard package and I think it's $10,000 for the deluxe package.

The only difference is the hospital. I'm an RN. I choose the standard package and I got wonderful care! I'm very happy with my choice to get the band! I feel like a different person already and I'm no where near my goal. It will change your life! :-)

Guest RDuck73

I have an appointment on 5/25 with Dr.Spiegel.What insurance are you all using ? I have Aetna PPO ,any info on this insurance? Thanks and good luck to you .~Rickol D.

Guest TOMSKITTY

I want to thank everyone for all their help.The information you all supplied was great.I hope everyone does well with their lapband.God bless you all.