Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Weeks Post Gastric Sleeve Op

Just checking in with my progress update. I am down 35 lbs including my 10 lb pre op diet loss. I am having problems with Nausea but that has improved this week. I been having trouble with getting my Protein in, I usually get in about 40 grams. I have tried several different Protein Shakes and have discovered the whey based ones are the ones that really increased my nausea. Even though I can drink mild the milk bases one also make me nauseated. But each day things are getting better. I am happy I have my sleeve. I am hoping for another 15 lbs to be gone my Christmas.

Thanks Gracemarie, I have tried that to but Unjury is one of them that upsets my stomach, so does muscle milk, HMR, and boost. I think it is whey protien. I have some soy Protein that is agreeing with me, however it tastes horrible! I have some some Protein Bars that I can tolerate that have 20 of protein.

Awesome! Congrats!

Since my surgery on 10/17/11 I get sick (diarhhea, nausea, sweats - feels like dumping syndrome) whenever I ingest Protein Drinks that are pre-made or powder. Thinking cow's milk was causing it, I tried using almond milk, soy milk and rice milk and still get sick so I have to think it's the whey Protein causing the problem, just like you. So I have stopped using it/them and am relying more on Isopure Zero Carb and Isopure Plus for extra protein when needed. I hope the problem resolves itself eventually (I invested a lot of $ into huge protein containers - Unjury, Max Protein, Isopure Whey - as well as sugar free flavored syrups (as suggested by the world according to eggface's blog) and I hate to see them go to waste. I am eating mostly ALL protein at this point to keep my numbers up. The scale is going down so I guess it's working.

To Mamasez Sorry to hear you too are going thru the nausea. This last week has gotten so much better I only threw up 2x and had very little nausea. Which is a WHOLE lot better than the previous week. I am eating all kinds of foods, but only 1/4 cup at a time. At my support group so many people are telling me hang in there it WILL get better. I know they have been there done that, it is experience talking,

The part I find weird is I have not gotten down or depressed over it. I figure this to shall pass. I know what you mean with the $$ waste between the Protein drinks and the Vitamins I bought. YIKES

Thanks Sahmrock! The weird thing is that I can drink the Ready to Drink Isopure Zero Carb and Isopure Plus drinks which say they have whey isolate in them, but the ones I mix myself (poweder in the large tubs) mke me sick as a dog. I picked up a sample of J Robb's egg white Protein powder today at tThe Vitamin Shoppe. Fingers are crossed that that will not make me sick. Waiting til POST Turkey Day to test it out just in case! The protein powder making me sick is a mystery to me. I will also try mixing it with Water post thanksgiving and see what happens with that. Good to hear that it DOES get better with time. I am so ready to feel more normal again. I am allowed to start eating "regular" food as of next week and am soooo looking forward to that. After 2 weeks on the pre-op diet, three weeks on pure liquids and another three weeks on soft foods, I amr eady for a REAL bike of some BBQ chicken from the crock pot. Don't know why I am craving that but I am! Happy Thanksgiving! Leah