Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Litttle Help Needed, Always Hungry After Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Hi there,

I wanted to thank you immensely for your post. I have been dealing with very similar issues (surgery 10/12). I really appreciate you having the courage to put our real problems out there. Don't listen to the "haters" -- they obviously got fat by making only healthy lifestyle choices!!!! I have not had the issue with liquids, but still have had the issues with head hunger. I am eating things I probably shouldn't yet, and have experienced some chest pain afterwords as a result. Everyday is new hope though. I haven't had much weight loss this week but am really hopeful that it will start again soon. Hang in there. I think we will be fine!

Good luck to you and your wife!

I totally recommend Propel as a way to get liquids in- someone else suggested it to me right after surgery and it was a mainstay for me until Water started being good again. Make sure it is very cold!

I also suggest powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup for Protein. I add 16 ounces Water to it instead of 8 for less saltiness and more liquid, and also make my own chicken broth from chicken, carrots, onions, and celery, then skim all the fat and make ice cubes to add one to the Unjry every evening. It gives you 21 grams of Protein and helps with that.

Keep looking too- there are gazillions of different protein powders. Vitalady.com will sell you single servings of all the many powders they sell and I used them and found a chocolate powder (champion proscroe 100) that I drink every morning mixed with Decaf and ice. The protein really is important and will help you burn fat instead of muscle in the future.

Good luck to you! I know how hard the first few weeks are! I can tell you that six months out I am so thrilled I did this and though I battle head hunger a lot I am so happy to have left 90 pounds behind me.

Just as a side note... pork skins are not that bad.. they do have a lot of Protein per serving and no carbs.. 80 cal, 4.5 fat, and 8 protein, NO CARBS for only a 1/2 an oz. I dont think they are a bad choice for an occasional snack. In a large bag there are 10 servings so you can see that 1/2 oz is a small portion and we need the protein. If you are going to snack, this would be a fairly good one to choose. Just sayin.

some wise WLsers told me when hungry so early post op its head hunger and stomach acid.. I take one prevacid AM and one PM and it takes away that fake HUNGER PANG.. right away... so glad I learned this

I am on soft foods as well.. VSG 11-15-11. shakes, Soups, soft chicken, soft turkey. ricotta with spagetti sauce n cheese is really good nuked.

I was sleeved october 2016. and I was able to eat most foods that I wanted. I am vegan. I am always hungry and feel that I am eating all day. besides eating veggies and whole grain. I consume tons of pop corn. every night also before my surgery I was a beer drinker now I hate beer but alcohol goes down like nothing.I am fifteen pounds away from my goal but I am stalled. and not losing anymore despite riding my bike 3 to 5 times a week at 16 miles a clip. anyone else having the same issues??? I am trying to increase Protein but so far its not working. any suggestions