Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months post VSG and Pregnant

I am not sure what it means either. I know my Dr. encourages us to wait 12-18 months before getting pregnant. I know the concerns are that you won't properly absorb nutrients at first and the baby could take all that you do thereby starving you of them. I would call my surgeon and my obgyn immediately and make an appt. They need to work together to determine what special supplements or other things that you need to do> God bless. I am praying for you and your little one.

Congratulations. I've seen people on youtube who became pregnant 6 months post op. Hopefully you've been taking your vitamins! The key will be to make sure you're taking a good prenatal Vitamin (I really liked Walgreen's version--it had everything in it and was cost effective) and eating at least 1800 cals/day in the beginning, and up to 2100-2300 later on. Because you're pregnant, your body will do whatever it can to make sure you get those calories in--and everything will go to the baby first. Luckily, vsg doesn't have the same malabsorption issues like the other surgeries. There's a great site called www.babyfit.com that creates menus for you every day in order for you to get your minimum nutrients in. The main thing is not to be overly stressed or worried, as that could be way more harmful than what you eat.

Congratulations! I hope you are doing well. I would recommend you send a personal message to Tiffykins - she knows all about preganancy after VSG. She is due to deliver her daughter any day - so it might be a few days until she answers.

Take care.

Sharon

Just be careful. I remember reading someone posted that ketosis from weightloss can cause brain damage so you are going to have to be careful to eat enough to stay where you are and NOT try and loose weight while you are pregnant.

Congratulations! :) Children make life fun!!!!! You can always loose the rest of the weight afterwards! Congrats!!!!!

Not a lot will change to be honest. You'll just need a 200-300 more calories, more carbs, if you still have weight to lose you might not gain a lot.

You know all about the baby stuff so just good follow up care.

If you've read any of my pregnancy updates over the last 9 months, you know that VSG has not complicated my pregnancy in the least. There's plenty of WLS patients who conceive before the "recommended" time frame, and even some surgeons are loosening the restriction on band and VSG patients because honestly, there's very little issues with pregnancy with the non-malabsorptive procedures.

You'll be great, the baby will be fab. Just get your calorie/protein/carb goal from your doctor and adjust your intake accordingly. I can't remember, but I don't think you were a super low carber so you might not have to change much. The biggest challenge is the water/clear Fluid intake increase to over 100oz per day.

Oh, and there's plenty of women who still have weight lose who lose weight until the end. It's NOT out of the ordinary to not gain weight in pregnancy especially after weight loss surgery.

I have a very close, personal friend here in real life, she just had a baby, gained a whopping 12 pounds and delivered a healthy, thriving, full term 8lb baby. So, weight gain is NOT inevitable, and you might continue to lose a few pounds here and there. I didn't gain for months into my pregnancy, and here I am 3 days away from delivery with a 35lb gain which is what the doctors predicted and told me to shoot for.

Thanks girls.

The last couple of days have been a bit rough. No appetite and dizzy nauseous. No puking though so thats a bonus.

Today I ate 3 bites of my daughters cheeseburger (she's 22 months she didn't mind LOL) and half a hot dog and some chips at the neighborhood halloween party. Not great choices, but at this point I think the 300 or so calories I actually consumed today is better than none. about halfway through the first trimester now, only more fun and excitement over the next 6 or so weeks. Hoping the Nausea becomes manageable soon Fingers crossed.

I was wondering how everyone weight loss has been going since having THeir baby. I am two years out from having my surgery and three month pregnant. Lord knows I do not want to see 220 anything. I am now stable at 208-210. Before pregnancy in November 195, I was pregnant in dec and gained about 5 but miscarried and started working in losing then stopped because I was pregnant again. This time I started at 200-202, when I found out. I am determined to not go over 225, that's a whole other cloths bracket for me though I'm already in. 14 from a 12, but thats to be expected. I have had minimal morning sickness and minimal sickness so I have been eating since becoming pregnant, maybe I will slow down during THR second trimester who kiss. Thanks for listening you guys

Ladyl99