Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So surgery next week, and I made the mistake of sharing my decision with a few friends. Now I am secong guessing myself.. Any words of encouragement are super welcome right now!!!

My surgery is also next week Thursday in fact. Don't worry about everybody else! If you are anything like me you've spent your entire life worring about what everyone else thinks. This time I have decided that this is for me and I don't care what they think or say, so don't let them get you down. Just keep focused on the goal, and your friends if they are true friends will come around in time they are probably just scared for you. Good Luck next week! Smiles!

Are you really going to let others decide what YOU want to do with your life?? YOUR body????

I have lived in this one for to long to let anyone talk me out of feeling better...normal ect.....

It is up to you ,but carefully consider what you are doing .. And why their opinions matter...

Don't let them scare you... the choice is YOURS!!!

Julie

Are you really going to let others decide what YOU want to do with your life?? YOUR body????

I have lived in this one for to long to let anyone talk me out of feeling better...normal ect.....

It is up to you ,but carefully consider what you are doing .. And why their opinions matter...

Don't let them scare you... the choice is YOURS!!!

Julie

This is also why i have chosen to tell very few.......I don't want any opinion or someone that knows someone that had this or that and it turned out bad and what not...

Thank you all for the advice, and the "tough" love :). I KNOW this is the right decision. I am just a little taken aback by the some of the reactions I have been getting. At this point, I'm "all in" lol, but I guess I hoped for a different reaction. Thank you again. FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!

Most of my family and friends have responded very positively, but something my PCP said, made me pause for a day or two. The weirdest thing is that she is all for it and has helped me all along! But yet, when I lost 4 pounds on the first month of her supervised diet she said "Maybe you don't need to do this surgery". WHAT? She has seen me yo yo diet with Weight Watchers for years and years and she has been cheering me all along!

It took me two days of remembering how hard I have worked at Weight Watchers and still regained all of it, to get my head back in the game. I have good friends and family so I won't stop telling, but my PCP sure made me pause. Best wishes!

Don't let people the bring you down. This is a life changing event. I have dealt with the same things you are saying. I grew up with a bone disease which required multiple operations. Plus I am short. I am only 5'3". My weight has always been a problem for me. I was very restricted on physical activities as a child. I have told a few people about my surgery, one being my co-worker since he and I work together at night. All he keeps telling me is that I don't look like I need the surgery, I should just cut back on sweets and unhealthy food. But the most surprising has been my younger brother. I would have thought that with my history he would be one of my biggest supporters. After all he did not make any fuss when my mom had the exact same surgery. Oh well, keep your head up and remember that this is something that you want to do and that you have made your mind up yourself. Good luck to you. I am scheduled to have my operation Thursday morning.

The only thing I have yet to compare is having hip surgery in 1999. I remember walking myself down to surgery and every door along the way was a temptation to run! It was a bit odd to realize every step got me closer to surgery that would leave me totally non-weight-bearing for 12 weeks. In the end, I knew I needed to do it and didn't run screaming out one of the many doors...

I feel sort of similar about WLS in that I'm choosing to do this but I do believe this is the only way for me to get back down to a normal, healthy weight so I can be active and participate in my son's life as fully as I want. I try to keep my eye on the prize.

This is also why i have chosen to tell very few.......I don't want any opinion or someone that knows someone that had this or that and it turned out bad and what not...

Hi I had my Gastric Sleeve, 4 weeks ago, and like you I didn't want to hear anything bad! So only my imediate family knew and a few close friends.My surgery was a great success, no problems what so ever, now everyone knows because I've lost significant weight already. Good luck, you will be fine, and if someone asks you, tell them you don't want to discuss it until after the operation. All the best

I remember sitting in the hotel in San Diego the night before surgery and thinking.. I am going home.. I'm not doing this.. it's insane.

That was August 5th... I am so happy I went to bed and pushed past the fear because this little sleeve is the best thing I ever did for myself.

Stay focused. I had a lot of support and was an open book, some people were against it, but I figured it was ignorance that was their fear. I had researched and then researched again. I am 3 weeks out and am down 10 pounds pre op and 17 as of today post op. I really feel great this 3rd week, strength is back, eating some more Protein and foods. Keep your eye on the prize and don't let others talk you down. I was in the pre-op room and my surgery was delayed over 3 hours, it took everything I had in me to stay there, but something kept me there, and today I am very glad I did. There will be pain the first 4-5 days, but don't get discouraged. Once you are past the 6-7 days of liquids you will be in great shape. Be prepared for some self pity, pain and lack of food! But you will get through it and on the other side is a whole new world for you!!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Your not alone. I have had second, third and fourth thoughts about this surgery. But deep down in my heart i know this is the best decision for me. Bump everybody else...Do u!!! It will be ok and a year from now you wont believe how far you've come. I wish u the best and soon enough you will be on the other side of onderland!!!

one more day to go! good luck and please come back and tell us all about it!