Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding Band ~ How loose is yours?

I was in our pool yesterday and noticed my wedding rings were doing circles around my finger. This morning in the shower, I noticed the same thing. I've only lost 23 lbs and I'm wondering when I should get it resized?

How loose is your wedding rings....or any rings for that matter?

When you plan to have them resized?

I HAVEN'T BEEN BANDED YET BUT I WAS WONDERING HOW THE HELL I WAS GOING TO GET MY RING OFF FOR SURGERY LOL BUT REALLY IT'S A ? :eek:

I'd love to be able to wear my original band! I have a set my hubby got me for our 25th. I can't wait until I have to get it resized. :eek:

Both rings are getting loose, but not scary-like-I'm-going-to lose-them loose yet. My wedding band will be able to be resized but my engagement ring, because of how the diamonds are set can't be resized. I can put a sizing bar in it for a while but eventually I'm going to have to replace it.

I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that! lol It's a beautiful ring but I might just take the center stone and have it put in a different ring. Hmmmmmm. But then, what about the other diamonds in the band? I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've had so many set backs with my band and esophogitis that I don't feel like I'm ever going to lose any more weight. :-(

I've taken my wedding and engagement rings off for now because I'm in danger of losing them. I've only got 15kg to go to goal and should get there by the end of the year, so I"m not bothering to have them resized just yet, I dont want to have to do it again.

The only reason I was still able to wear then is that I had them redesigned 4 years ago as the band had almost worn through on my engagement ring, it was a solitaire in a very simple, fine setting. They got made a bit bigger when that was done.

I am looking forward to wearing my original wedding band. After I had been married for about 17 years, I was too fat to wear them. Also, the engagement had been retipped twice. The diamond was in danger of falling out, so I picked out a new ring and had the stone re-mounted. For Christmas, DH gave me an anniversary band that went well with the new "engagement" ring. They are lovely, but every once in awhile, I wish I could wear the original band. So, that will be an NSV for me. Probably another 30 lbs.

Donna - about your engagement ring and the additional stones. You might consider talking to the owner of a small jewelry store. (Not one of the big name ones.) They don't always have a lot of work to do because they are small, sometimes they will design a ring to accomodate your stones. I was chatting with the owner a few yeaers ago, and the one he was designing was going to cost the woman about $400.

I Had To Have Mine Sized After They Got Too Big To Even Wear On My Middle Finger. I Went From A Size 8 3/4 To A Size 7 I Almost Fainted When The Guy At Jareds Gave Me The Number. I Can't Ever Remember Wearing A 7. I Am So Happy With That.

I had my engagement ring re-set after losing about 80 lbs, because I was going to lose it at the original setting was totally shot. It was completely re-made, and now it's too almost big again. :eek: My wedding band has not been resized, and it's gone from too tight to falling-off loose. The only reason I haven't lost it is because of the engagement ring.

Good for now, but if I lose another 20-30 lbs I'll have to do something about it.

talk about using your original stones, when I had my engagement and wedding ring reset, I used 16 small diamonds that came out of a ring I found squashed on the road, lol. I handed it in to the police but it was never claimed so I got to keep it. It was a horrible acquamarine thing, big princess setting, not my taste at all, but it had 16 diamonds around the acquamarine. My wedding ring already had six diamonds so now I have 22 diamonds channel set into my wedding ring. I dont know what I did with the acquamarine.

I always wanted to come live in America because everyone seems to have amazing diamond rings, lol. Every American person I've known has sported a massive rock on their finger. My engagement ring is .6 carats and that's big by Australian standards, but sheesh, I'd love a carat or more :-)

Maybe that's just a stereotype, hehehe. Like all Aussies are ocker and like beer and prawns on the barbie!

I think I'm going to wait for now b/c I'm too early in this process to resize at this point. Maybe I'll get one of those sizing bars.....hey DonnaB.....where do you get those? The jewelry store? Of all the problems to have, this is a good one. :cheeky

I lost both rings approx 2 months ago. Just looked down one day and they were both not on my finger. It broke my heart, but DH told me it was ok, that we were going to renew our vows after I get to goal anyway. He said it will be like marrying a completely different person.

Oh no Funny :cry I'm sure you were devastated!! The good thing is the wonderful man your married to. Isn't wonderful to be married to someone that always makes things better?

I guess this serves as a word of caution.....do something b4 it's too late. I may take mine off this week. It will be very sad without my rings though. :phanvan