Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 3rd!!!!!!!!!

I am scheduled for surgery October 3rd, but I have yet to feel anxious. I am wondering why I am so calm yet excited. I guess I am just ready for this new journey of my life. I hope to keep in touch with everyone that is having surgery during this time so we can progress together. Best of luck to everyone!! :D

It may still hit you yet, but don't worry about it if you don't get nervous. Maybe you are just peaceful about it and ready. Good luck on your upcoming surgery, and hope you have an easy speedy recovery!!

:)

Yay, beachlover! SO glad you're here and welcome! I'll be sure to add you to our roster. I am thinking of you tonight and will be sending good thoughts all day tomorrow!

All good things for you today, my dear, on the beginning of your new journey. We are all here for you. I added you as a friend, and although you probably won't read this for a couple of days, know that I am thinking of you!

I will be here for you for any support you need.

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

Thank you all for the support. I was sleeved on Monday around 1:15. I didn't wake up until around 4:30. They said everything went fine, but I wasn't prepared for the pain I would feel when I woke up. I realize I just had major surgery, but it was 10x more painful than my c-section. I am home now and still struggling to get liquids down. I have managed within the past two hours to get some liquids to stay down. I am just taking it one day at a time. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Beach!!! So glad you checked in!! Been thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way :huggie: How is the pain worse than your Csection? Is it in your incisions? Is it the gas? Is it your tummy? Member what they say, sip, sip, walk, rest, repeat. Hang in there.

I am worried that I am underestimating the pain, too. I also had a Csection, but have a really high tolerance for pain and heal well. But I know that this surgery knocks some down as they weren't expecting it.

Just get lots of rest :sleep: , drink lots (or as much as you can!) Keep us posted cause we're all worried about you and thinking about you!!!

Thank you all for the support. I was sleeved on Monday around 1:15. I didn't wake up until around 4:30. They said everything went fine, but I wasn't prepared for the pain I would feel when I woke up. I realize I just had major surgery, but it was 10x more painful than my c-section. I am home now and still struggling to get liquids down. I have managed within the past two hours to get some liquids to stay down. I am just taking it one day at a time. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Beach I'm so happy to hear form you! I'm sorry you had so much pain. From what I've read it seems that each day gets better and better. Hang in there and welcome home!!!!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on being sleeved!!!!

Hi Beechlover.

Great to hear from you. So sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with pain and are even now struggling with the liquids. But just the fact that you are able to communicate this shows me that you have strength. I haven't had my surgery yet, but this helps me to know what to expect. Some people recover more quickly than others, but I have heard that things get a lot better 5 days out. Please keep in touch with your progress, which I know will happen. Soon you will be on the beach again looking a lot better!! Keep your eye on the prize. The worst is now over for you.

Phyllis

Beach!!! So glad you checked in!! Been thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way :huggie: How is the pain worse than your Csection? Is it in your incisions? Is it the gas? Is it your tummy? Member what they say, sip, sip, walk, rest, repeat. Hang in there.

I am worried that I am underestimating the pain, too. I also had a Csection, but have a really high tolerance for pain and heal well. But I know that this surgery knocks some down as they weren't expecting it.

Just get lots of rest :sleep: , drink lots (or as much as you can!) Keep us posted cause we're all worried about you and thinking about you!!!

I really appreciate the positive thoughts! I'm really not sure how the pain is different, I just know that it is intense. I didn't even take pain meds when I got home from my c-section. With this surgery, I can tell immediately when it is time to take my pain meds again. The left side of my abdomen is constantly hurting. It is where they had the pain pump inserted. That what the worst part.....having a huge ball hanging from one side and a drainage package hanging from the other side. You couldn't sleep because you were constantley worried about pulling those out. I do feel somewhat better today. I am not near as nauseous, but I still have horrible pain. Oh, and the gas pain is ridiculous! The Gas-X stripes don't seem to help at all. I have a friend that had bypass surgery and she wasn't in pain for as long so I guess it just depends on the individual person. Thanks again for the support! I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Hi Beechlover.

Great to hear from you. So sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with pain and are even now struggling with the liquids. But just the fact that you are able to communicate this shows me that you have strength. I haven't had my surgery yet, but this helps me to know what to expect. Some people recover more quickly than others, but I have heard that things get a lot better 5 days out. Please keep in touch with your progress, which I know will happen. Soon you will be on the beach again looking a lot better!! Keep your eye on the prize. The worst is now over for you.

Phyllis

Thank you for the support! I am feeling somewhat better today, but I still have a lot of pain. I am just waiting until I am five days out and hopefully I'll feel better. Feel free to ask me any questions. I know I had a million questions before the surgery. I'm excited for you!

Hey BeachLover,

Sorry you are not having the best time post-op. I feel for you and am sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. I went to my post-op visit at the hospital yesterday and I was really turned off about having the pump and drain hanging around post-op. But, ya do whatcha gotta do. This will SO be worth it in the end. We all must remember that these painful days will pass and our weight will melt away and we will be healthy once again!

Hang in there and keep us posted! Leah

Thank you for the support! I am feeling somewhat better today, but I still have a lot of pain. I am just waiting until I am five days out and hopefully I'll feel better. Feel free to ask me any questions. I know I had a million questions before the surgery. I'm excited for you!