Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Finally found a Protein & Energy Drink I like

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pass on some info with my fellow bandsters. I have been struggling trying to get my necessary Protein needed for my diet since I have had the band May 2005. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem that I do, but I've been trying everything out there in the Vitamin stores. Nothing seems to taste half way decent. Well recently I was at the gym working out & a lady next to me was drinking this ready to drink Protein Drink called XS. I asked her how it tasted (of course) and how many grams of protein was in it. She said it tasted good & it has 35 grams of protein. I asked where she got it and she gave me the website of where to get it. She also said she would bring me in one the following day to try before I went online to order. The next day I tried it and really was impressed with the taste of it. I went online that night and ordered some along with some energy drinks that the same company sells. I received them quickly and tried the energy drinks that has zero carbs & sugar and loved the taste of them as well. I know how frustating it can be when trying new drink supplements, I have a huge cupboard of things I tried once after buying & never used them again. Here is the website if anyone is interested: http://cneedhamer.qhealthzone.com/

Take Care Everyone!

Have 60 lbs to go!:clap2:

Cindy

My sister and I had a lot of different products that we had tried. We took two large bags of Protein, Vitamins, Calcium, etc. to our weight loss support group. Most of the people in the group are gastric bypass. They were thrilled to get the different products free. They were like kids on Christmas morning when they went saw our goodies. We tried a lot of different stuff and it was too expensive to throw it away. We got rid of it and it probably helped some people. Needless to say, we were the hit of support group.

I like using Isopure. One 20oz bottle has 0 carbs and 40 grams of Protein. Some of the flavors are really great. YOu can dilute it in Water if you find it too strong. It does have 160 calories for the entire bottle, but if you are having trouble getting your total protein in and your liquid requirements, it could kill two birds with one stone.

I was on a week of Carnation Instant Breakfast before my surgery and got kind of sick (that's putting it mildly) of the same thing day after day. Now that I'm about 4 weeks out I alternate Carnation Instant Breakfast, with ice, a tiny bit of chocolate Syrup and blend it in the Magic Bullet...tastes like a chocolate milkshake and is yummy. On alternate days I drink Isopure in the mixed fruit or grape (and because I find it a little too sweet I to dilute it in water). It's a nice variation and I'm not really a breakfast or lunch peson so it works quite well. Blending the Isopure was a nice treat with ice in the Magic Bullet also (not sure how I lived without that little device). Those are the two main ways I've found to get Protein. Good Luck to you. I had to order my Isopure on line from TheSupplementStore as I couldn't find it locally, but I love the taste of it. Hope this helps.

I will give them a try and let you know. So far I hate them all.

Let me know what you think of the chocolate Carmel one. Let me know if you find any other name brands that you like. :hungry:

Take Care,

Keep up on the Great Success!!

Cindy

;)

Did you like the powder or the pre-mixed? Both? How about the bars?

I seem to like the premixed Protein drinks the best. If I'm at home, I add some crushed ice with it and it tastes like a milkshake. Yum!

The bars are So-So!! I really like the energy drinks, including the non-carbonated Tea-berry flavor. And the chocolate Carmel diet Protein ready to drink supplements.

Hope this helps.

Cindy:hungry: