Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many total inches have you shrunk???

It's been a few weeks, but Feel Good Friday is BAA-AAA-ACK!!! Staying positive and reflecting on all the joys of weight loss and for me the more important SIZE LOSS is really important. This is a tough journey, full of emotional ups and downs. But, today - is an UP DAY!!

I'm down nearly 90" off my entire body!!! WHOOOTTT!! Please note, I only started keeping track of inches at around 300 Lbs... so I'm sure it's quite a bit more.

BE PROUD & SAY IT LOUD!!

WOW! That is AMAZING! I have no idea...I really wish I would have measured before. CONGRATS GIRLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I measured (Aug 27) I was down over 40 inches! I'm still very "hippy" so I expect now that the upper body has lost most of the inches, my lower half should catch up.

I literally just said "HOLY ****!" out loud after reading your post AND shared the info with my office-mate! LOL

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!! Congrats to you!!

I have no idea about inches :( I forgot to take starting measurements... or any measurements really. I just go on clothing size. Hoping to fit into a size 6 within a month or so!

To Dream: FABULOUS!!!! You're doing really great! :)

I literally just said "HOLY ****!" out loud after reading your post AND shared the info with my office-mate! LOL

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!! Congrats to you!!

I have no idea about inches :( I forgot to take starting measurements... or any measurements really. I just go on clothing size. Hoping to fit into a size 6 within a month or so!

LOL!! Your comment took me a little by surprise... :lol: I more prefer the inches lost and clothing size approach myself. Wishing you much success on the 6's!!

BTW, Dr. Cirangle was my first choice... I just couldn't pay his charges, unfortunately. For you, that's awesome. :D

Over -52inches, and like you Irene, I didn't measure from my highest weight. Oh well, it is sure impressive to see the amount of inches we lose as we lose weight!

I have been more amazed with the inches lost than the weight itself, I've always been more about the size anyways, knowing I tend to look smaller than what I weigh :)

Anyways, in 6 months I have lost 81 inches. I about fell over when I took the last measurments LOL!

I have lost a total of 117" - but I measure EVERYWHERE there is to measure - and I started out right from the first and took my baseline measurements.

Here are some highlights

3" from my neck

1" from each wrist and ankle

5 1/2" from each upper arm (still LOTS to go here)

2 1/2" from each calf

5 1/2" from above each knee

7 1/4" from each thigh

11 1/2" from my hips and also from my belly

13" from my waist

11" from the fullest part of my bust

That's about 93" - the other 14" come from other spots that I haven't listed.

I agree with you - Diva - sometimes looking at the measuring tape results is more fun that watching the scales. As you build muscle - even though you get heavier - you get smaller. Since muscle has a more dense molecular structure, it takes up less volume.

By the way, Diva - you are looking spectacular. I love the look on your face in your latest profile picture - you are glowing with happiness.

SK, I even took that photo at work... haha :) So you know I must be overjoyed!

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!!! Keep it going! Let's make this the BEST Weight Loss forum ever!!! I'd say we are pretty neck and neck with anyone else. Whooottt!!! Thank you all so much for sharing your stats.

I have never measured. :( Wish I had. I just use sizes to measure. I have gone from and 18/20 pants to 10 or 11 pants now. XXL shirts to L. My boobs are rather large so I'm not sure I will ever get below a Med. But will shall see!

Congratulation on all of your successes!!! Proud to be on such a wonderful site with a great group of amazing people!

Down 37.5 inches so far since 257 lbs!

Everyone is doing so awesome! Such an inspiring topic!

I wish I would have measured but I did not. My personal trainer just measured me a couple of weeks ago but I was already down over 80 lbs. I did go from a 52 pant to a 40 ( currently) but getting close to a 38. I went from 4x shirt to XL and some of them are getting big. It is so nice to be able to shop anywhere again, I will NEVER go near a big and Tall store again.