Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Boston, Ma Gastric Sleevers Out There?

Hey all! Im still in the beginning of the process with MGH! I already had a new patient evaluation and now waiting for my surgeon appointment. I have heard great things about them so that puts me at ease. Im really excited and cant wait for my surgery.

I also have harvard pilgrim.....hopefully the insurance part will be a breeze!

Hi Lindsay,

Have you heard anything about the HPHC process? Do you have any idea when you will have a surgical date?

Michelle

Hi! Yes I have my surgeon appointment with Dr. Gee from MGH on 12/5! The waiting is the worse part! So far ive had a great experience with MGH and it appears everyone else has too.

Follow my blog at thegreatdownsize.blogspot.com

Sorry I did not even answer your question. No problems so far with HPHC then again I dont know if paperwork was already submitted or not from the hospital. For me its pretty black and white....they cover VSG, and I qualify, so what kind of problem could their be? I have no dqte for surgery but based off how long it took to get a surgeon appointment, and thrn go through the pre op support groups im estimating january or february....too far away!!

Looking for others in the greater Boston area who have been sleeved. Can't really seem to find anyone online from this area.

hello! I live in Cambridge / Arlington line. I being sleeved next week. so nervous!! always here to talk ;-)

[

hello! I live in Cambridge / Arlington line. I being sleeved next week. so nervous!! always here to talk ;-) I'm being sleeved at my auburn by dr Julie kim. anybody else from my neck of the woods going to mt auburn?

I was sleeved 9/5 at Boston medical but grew up in Cambridge and had 2 kids at ny auburn. If you need and advice let me know.

Sorry mt auburn.

Good luck George!!! I would do anything just to have a surgery date, so i'm super jealous. All you MGH'ers.....how long did the whole process take? they seem to be pretty busy so I was curious what the timeline was like for some of you....

Good luck George!!! I would do anything just to have a surgery date, so i'm super jealous. All you MGH'ers.....how long did the whole process take? they seem to be pretty busy so I was curious what the timeline was like for some of you....

Thank you so much Lindsay! I am excited but so nervous..I have never had surgery before..I am having my surgery at Mt Auburn in Cambridge..I was originally enrolled in their medical weight loss program, but then switched to surgical..I had met some of the requirements for surgey without even knowing it..Since my first surgical seminar, it's been 4 months..So It took me a little under 4 months from start to finish..All the appointments, support groups, and medical clearence..So far I've had nothing but an excellent experince with every single person I've met Mt Auburn. I highly recomend it..With that said, I am starting to freak my surgery is 10 days!! ;-)

Thank you so much Lindsay! I am excited but so nervous..I have never had surgery before..I am having my surgery at Mt Auburn in Cambridge..I was originally enrolled in their medical weight loss program' date=' but then switched to surgical..I had met some of the requirements for surgey without even knowing it..Since my first surgical seminar, it's been 4 months..So It took me a little under 4 months from start to finish..All the appointments, support groups, and medical clearence..So far I've had nothing but an excellent experince with every single person I've met Mt Auburn. I highly recomend it..With that said, I am starting to freak my surgery is 10 days!! ;-)[/quote']

I'm nervous to have the surgery, but not nervous at all about the life change. I have had laparoscopic surgery before and the worse part for me was the gas pain in my shoulders. I've heard others say this too. Being a nurse I need to know all the little details about what is going to happen during my surgery, my poor surgeon! Hopefully, once I meet with my surgeon my support groups will get rolling and then i'll have a date! Are you doing a pre op diet right now??

I'm nervous to have the surgery' date=' but not nervous at all about the life change. I have had laparoscopic surgery before and the worse part for me was the gas pain in my shoulders. I've heard others say this too. Being a nurse I need to know all the little details about what is going to happen during my surgery, my poor surgeon! Hopefully, once I meet with my surgeon my support groups will get rolling and then i'll have a date! Are you doing a pre op diet right now??[/quote']

I asked so many questions at my appt ;-) I was driving my surgeon nuts! to be honest, I'm afraid to be put under anesthesia. I have never had any surgery before, and this is big. My doc said I don't have to do a pre-op diet because I met my pre- surgery weight loss goal. I worked really hard for that. I'm trying to stay calm. I can't believe this is happening in 10 days!

I'm nervous to have the surgery' date=' but not nervous at all about the life change. I have had laparoscopic surgery before and the worse part for me was the gas pain in my shoulders. I've heard others say this too. Being a nurse I need to know all the little details about what is going to happen during my surgery, my poor surgeon! Hopefully, once I meet with my surgeon my support groups will get rolling and then i'll have a date! Are you doing a pre op diet right now??[/quote']

lindsay, I had a notebook full of questions! I'm afraid to go under anesthesia to be honest. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet because I met my 5% weight loss. Actually more than 5%. I've started to hit the panic button!

lindsay' date=' I had a notebook full of questions! I'm afraid to go under anesthesia to be honest. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet because I met my 5% weight loss. Actually more than 5%. I've started to hit the panic button![/quote']

I could see how the anesthesia is scary. Had I never been under I would be scared too. It's very creepy how you go to sleep and next thing you know your awake again and had a huge procedure in between, it doesn't feel that way at all! How long is your hospital stay?

I could see how the anesthesia is scary. Had I never been under I would be scared too. It's very creepy how you go to sleep and next thing you know your awake again and had a huge procedure in between, it doesn't feel that way at all! How long is your hospital stay?

Thats exactly it , Lindsay! I so afraid to let go and not have any control or sense..They said I will go in Monday and most likely go home Wednesday..I know that my surgeon is excellent, and she has done so many of these..Im just being neurotic ;-)