Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am almost a month out and I decided to quit taking my gout medicine because I wasn't have any pain when I was eating red meat Protein. I haven't been taking any medicine for about a couple of weeks and I am not in pain anymore! Gout is a horrible condition in which anytime I ate ground beef, pork, or ham I would flare up and it would feel like poision cursing through my viens. My arms and feet would swell up and become inflamed and red. I know it is not good to eat red meat all the time, but hambuger meat is nice everyonce in a while. To not be in pain and to not have to take medicine is the best feeling in the world!

I am so happy for you. I am feeling so much better too, now that I've lost so much weight. My insulin intake has gone from 55 units a day (and then some) to only 12. I'm looking forward to getting off it completely. I know how it is to have an illness that is just killing you! Take care, and I hope you double check with your dr. about dropping the medicine cold turkey. I've been tempted to do that myself.

You just made my day! I have gout as well and have been sitting on the fence as to whether or not to get the surgery. I think you just pushed me a little over to the "other side"! Did you have any problems with flares post op? That really worries me. I get it in my toes and feet making walking impossible. I'd be so happy to get off Uloric. I've been paying $135 per month, but will go up to $160 when their discount program ends. I'm so happy for you and your success!

That's wonderful! Yayyy!

You just made my day! I have gout as well and have been sitting on the fence as to whether or not to get the surgery. I think you just pushed me a little over to the "other side"! Did you have any problems with flares post op? That really worries me. I get it in my toes and feet making walking impossible. I'd be so happy to get off Uloric. I've been paying $135 per month, but will go up to $160 when their discount program ends. I'm so happy for you and your success!

I did have a flare up after surgery. The doc said it was probably because of being dehydrated due to not being able to drink anything before the surgery and not being able to drink liquids too fast. also it is because the uric acid is also released in the fat cells when you lose weight. I talked to a gentlemen who also had ghout and he said he had one flare up after surgery and then it was gone forever! To me it is worth it. To be able to not be in pain again is great. Have you tried allupurinol it is a generic prescription drug it might be cheaper for you. I would have to say this is the best decision I have made. Good luck to you sweetie!

I am so happy for you. I am feeling so much better too, now that I've lost so much weight. My insulin intake has gone from 55 units a day (and then some) to only 12. I'm looking forward to getting off it completely. I know how it is to have an illness that is just killing you! Take care, and I hope you double check with your dr. about dropping the medicine cold turkey. I've been tempted to do that myself.

thanks sweetie I do need to make an apt just to double check , but it is easy to tell if your uric acid is high you have pain it sucks but I will do the right thing ;) good luck to you sweets I hope you can get of your meds too yeah

I did have a flare up after surgery. The doc said it was probably because of being dehydrated due to not being able to drink anything before the surgery and not being able to drink liquids too fast. also it is because the uric acid is also released in the fat cells when you lose weight. I talked to a gentlemen who also had ghout and he said he had one flare up after surgery and then it was gone forever! To me it is worth it. To be able to not be in pain again is great. Have you tried allupurinol it is a generic prescription drug it might be cheaper for you. I would have to say this is the best decision I have made. Good luck to you sweetie!

Yeah, I tried allupurinol. Had a really bad reaction to it. My PCP does NOT approve of the surgery, but will work with me throughout the process. He has a plan to wean me off Uloric so there's not a sudden jump in uric acid. Also might treat any flares with colccicine. My dad used the colccicine to treat his gout.

Oh I m so happy to hear you are doing so well with this! Congratulations! Keep working that sleeve!

Khy

Yeah, I tried allupurinol. Had a really bad reaction to it. My PCP does NOT approve of the surgery, but will work with me throughout the process. He has a plan to wean me off Uloric so there's not a sudden jump in uric acid. Also might treat any flares with colccicine. My dad used the colccicine to treat his gout.

that sounds like a good plan to me good luck sweetie!