Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers 15th-20th

15 Treequeen, WyomingMountainGal, BroadwayBaby, Dadams2102008, ranoodle, TexasSunshine

16 Miss Hope, E.K., birdlady, ScentsyLady (Sonia), smiley2604, bigjoe102, HDubSleevery, Sassygirl06, TheOldOwl, phished10, imnotfat_momsay, rimchubby,

17 ~winecountrygirl~, TLC's VSG 2011, csal

18 Kimberlina

19 Beach Baby, Shakin-n-Atlanta, PsychSleeve

20 buzydebb, IsThisReallyIt

Wow! Look at all the sleevers we have had this week! I hope everyone is doing well! Welcome to the loser's bench! I know some of you have already updated us on how you are doing and I thank you for that. If you have not had a chance to check in please do so when you feel up to it! Take care and Sip,Sip,Sip, walk, rest, repeat!:D

I had my surgery on the 15th and I am feeling ok ....still alittle sore and alitle tierd and alittle challanged cause its kinda hard to get in all your liquid but has to be done ...lol

Busy week!

I had my surgery on the 15th and I am doing alright. I do feel a lot of inner restriction which makes it hard to get all of the liquid i need. So far sugar free popsicles are my best friend - they feel good going down. I'm wondering if everyone feels the tightness in between the front rib cage that I do. It is not all of the time but I do feel it often. I have no pain and am able to sleep well on my side. I haven't taken the meds in 2 days. Hope everyone else is doing well and good luck to all the sleevers for next week! :)

Katie

I had my surgery on the 15th also. I'm still taking the pain meds and I'm sleeping alot (probably because of the pain meds) but otherwise I'm doing pretty well. I know what you mean about the tightness in your chest, I feel that too sometimes. I'm getting my Water and Protein in but I have to keep thinking about it or I get behind. I haven't gotten on the scale but I can feel the weight coming off. I see my surgeon next week so will get the official weight loss then. Good luck to everyone!!!!

My surgery went well the 15th. Took a little longer just because they were doing a few other things while in there. But I must say it was rougher than I thought. I literally heaved. Dry heaved all afternoon and night. And that was very painful. Nothing helped. Didn't stop feeling sick until Wed afternoon. so didn't get to come home until late thursday. No pain per say. tender but tolerable. so I honestly ahve not taken any pain meds. Mine as been more belly bublling around feelings, occassional bubbly pain up under my breast bone. And I know may be TMI but nothing but ' peeing " out my hiney. That is real old. Only on liquids and Protein shakes until I see doc Fri. Having a hard time getting all fluids in. Because I am afraid o doing to much at a time. Weight wise. I started at 278. Pre op 265.8. A of this morning 257.4. Hard way to lose weight. LOL

I did have the gas pains on my left neck shoulder area. They didn't completely go away until Thursday. Blowing blood out my left notril from the NG tube during surgery. guess they were a little rough there. Looking for advice on what first mush food to try first when I can.

Thanks for checking in guys! I was sleeved on the 1st. Yes I know that pain in the front of chest all too well. What a bother that was and sometimes still is. And the "peeing out the hiney" definately gets old. Just finally got past that 2 days ago. Now I am dealing with "the stall" which is a pain. I know it will end but I guess what makes it so difficult is that you go thru all the emotions of getting ready for the surgery. Then you go thru the surgery and all the pain and discomfort. The first week is great for weight loss and that certainly makes up for the recovery but then when you hit the stall it is like dang! I am still recovering and I need that scale to move to help me feel better.:D Oh well, this too shall pass. Good luck everyone as you continue your recovery!

So glad some of you have checked in and all had good reports! I am still struggling with the liquids and today is 2 weeks for me - I know I can do it, just takes all day!!

Anyone having a bubble/pain/rolling feeling in their upper abdomen. Its like a gas bubble and it hurts when it does it. It is random too. Not related to right after drinking or nothing.

I had mine aug 15 First 2 days were horrid mostly because of nausea and no one told me how often I could press the button. I was pretty out of it anyway so I got told to stop pressing the button so I could stay concious. My first walk took me by suprise. I thought I would handle the pain so much better than I did. Things were much improved by day 3. I sat in the chair most of the day except for my once an hour walks. Day 4 went well too. Had pain in my left shoulder until they took the drain out. I took pain meds til day 5. I do still have some incision pain but it is totally bearable. I am getting in my liquids just fine, don't feel hungry at all, and my energy level is pretty average for me.

I'm doing great but I'm just starting to feel lightheaded when I get up. Likely from lack of calories. I am still on full liquids and will be until September 1. I'm trying to think of higher calorie drinks to help me feel better. hot chocolate was so rich and creamy. My friend made me some creamed tofu and Tomato Soup and soybean and mint soup...I'm lucky to have a friend who is a chef!! I have lost 10 lbs as of today, exactly 1 week from surgery, in addition to losing the 11 lbs I gained in the hospital! Today will be my first time driving, I'm taking my daughter to an appointment. I haven't taken pain meds since Saturday and have been totally fine. I am able to comfortably sleep on my side and have been able to since right after surgery so I'm able to get good rest.

Had WLS on Aug.16th doing GREAT. went yesterday for 1week post-op had lost 14lbs in one week.Started eating some real food yesterday which was heaven.