Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOING INSANE, PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am just counting down the days to my surgery and its two months away. It’s like life has stopped and I am trying to make it day to day until the surgery. It’s miserable I need something else to focus on. Has anyone else felt this way? Its like I am just surviving and my life won’t begin until I am sleeved. Give me some ideas. The wait is driving me insane.

I know waiting is so hard its the toughest part of the whole process! I just threw myself into something I love doing cake decoratoring making gumpaste flowers. I tried to keep myself busy to distract myself from focussing on the surgery. Best of luck to you sweetie sending hugs your way.

I know how hard it is. It took "years" for 2 weeks to go by. It was hard to wait but it was worth every second. Just hang in there, distract your mind, write a blog or journal, anything that will help you go though the wait time. Soon your surgery day will be there. :D

Thanks you, for all the words of encouragement. I have been on this forum for a while now and have read and prepared my mind for the surgery. I have my list of things to bring to the hospital have samples of Protein drinks and recipe ideas. I am over prepared and over informed. Maybe I need a break from the forum so my focus is not just on the surgery.

Oh my Gosh, I SO totally know how you feel. I feel like my life has stopped and is limbo and has been since I started my pre-op diet back in March. Everything I say to myself is "After the surgery, I will......" (fill in the blank with ANYTHING, clean the toilet, walk more, organize the garage, meet this client, etc, etc, etc). It's absolutely crazy! I wasn't even this bad when I was pregnant, waiting for my beautiful boy! I eat, drink, sleep, and dream this surgery and all the hopes and dreams I have wanted my whole life are just 'right there'. One more month, hopefully, and I can finally move on!!! VST has been my life saver, because it makes me feel a part of the whole, and makes me feel more connected to my future, if that makes sense? I live vicariously through all these beautiful people on here who share their experiences, trials, accomplishments, goals, etc.

Almost there, and I can finally be part of this amazing 'club' of fortunate losers whose lives have changed so dramatically!!!

I think that's a normal response. That's all that I thought about too. Keep yourself occupied with other things and before you know it the procedure will be done!! Hang in there!

It feels good to know I am not alone. I am so encouraged and excited for my forum friends when they have had procedure and share their experiences and before and after stories. This is life changing for me and so exciting and that explains the insanity.

Oh my Gosh, I SO totally know how you feel. I feel like my life has stopped and is limbo and has been since I started my pre-op diet back in March. Everything I say to myself is "After the surgery, I will......" (fill in the blank with ANYTHING, clean the toilet, walk more, organize the garage, meet this client, etc, etc, etc). It's absolutely crazy! I wasn't even this bad when I was pregnant, waiting for my beautiful boy! I eat, drink, sleep, and dream this surgery and all the hopes and dreams I have wanted my whole life are just 'right there'. One more month, hopefully, and I can finally move on!!! VST has been my life saver, because it makes me feel a part of the whole, and makes me feel more connected to my future, if that makes sense? I live vicariously through all these beautiful people on here who share their experiences, trials, accomplishments, goals, etc.

Almost there, and I can finally be part of this amazing 'club' of fortunate losers whose lives have changed so dramatically!!!

I'm the same way. It's been like that for me since I started researching weight loss surgery. I literally come home everyday to check what everyone on this website is posting in pre and post-op. I know that for me a lot of it has to do with feeling like my life has been on "pause" since I became obese, and I'm just so looking forward to "pressing play"!

I feel for you. But think of it as your journey toward your new life. Right now your like a kid waiting for Xmas. Buy some books on WLS. Think about when are you doing to start dieting, before surgery or after. Think about the stuff you will be able to do. What about these poor souls who can't get this surgery. This is a gift! We are being handed the tool to get our life back. I know how excited you are I am 3 weeks past surgery & I am still excited. Bless you for starting down this (favorite movie) "Yellow Brick Road."

Hm... that's a tough one. We all go a little crazy pre-op I think. Two months is a really long time. Plan and buy what you will need post-op.Wash all your clothes. Exercise, if you can, this really helps post-op. Good luck.

I am just counting down the days to my surgery and its two months away. It’s like life has stopped and I am trying to make it day to day until the surgery. It’s miserable I need something else to focus on. Has anyone else felt this way? Its like I am just surviving and my life won’t begin until I am sleeved. Give me some ideas. The wait is driving me insane.

i felt the same way as you. as a matter of fact i think i pretty much posted the same thing. what i did to make the time go by faster was plan little trips with my family so i had things to look forward to the entire time on my countdown. even the weekend before my surgery i took the kids camping and the time flew by. another thing to do is to challenge yourself to lose as much weight before the surgery as possible. there is no reason to wait till the surgery to start losing weight. i was able to lose 50 pounds pre op and it is making my recovery so much easier not to mention the fact that i am that much closer to my goal weight because i started earlier. i know the waiting is tough but look at it as if you already are on the losers bench and Celebrate the little things that you acomplish. when i lost 20 pounds i went and had a pedicure. when i lost 40 pounds i went on a limo ride with my daughter and had a scavenger hunt. when i lost 50 pounds i bought a new dress and went out to dinner (a healthy one) with my husband. reward yourself with treats along the way that arent related to food. you will find it all the more rewarding in the end when you can make your life about living instead of eating. :D

Take it from me. Don't hang your happiness on getting the surgery.

The weight loss is great, don't get me wrong. But, I'm depressed as hell.

I think we all go through the "ANXIETY OF THE WAIT", some more than others. I was a crazy lady! I would be out shopping with friends and spot a "health food store" and make them go with me to see what sort of Protein items they had! I was looking up recipes for "mushies" and making my boyfriend try them with me! It was insanity I tell you. Now that it's done, the 5 weeks since surgery seems to have flown by! At 3 weeks out I went on a tubing trip with my friends down the Guadalupe River! It's an amazing thing I tell you! You have EVERY right to be excited about it, and even somewhat consumed with it, because it WILL change your life! Best of luck!!!