Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best online food journal/tracking sites?

I tend to journal in a book, but when I forget it at work or at home and don't have it on me, I'm not as good at keeping track of things. I think the hardest part is calculating your personal recipes or foods that aren't in the websites library.

I'm looking for your suggestions for the best online food journal/tracking websites, specifcally: pros/cons for the site, the ease of adding information, especially your personal foods/recipes, and why you recommend it.

Thanks so much for your input!

robin

Hi Robin, I use "myfitnesspal.com" I like it because I can track my food, it remembers what I enter frequently, and I can play with the settings manually. I can set my own calorie and Protein intake goals. It subtracts the numbers for you. You can log your weight and measurements. I like that I can use my phone (droid), ipad, or computer and it will synch them. I can put in a recipe and it will do the calculations. You can scan food from the code on the package and it will load it into your system. That is pretty cool. There are many things you can use it for. I like that I can print it out too. I took it to my nut appt one time. It doesn't take long to put your food in either.

I also use myfitness pal, I track everything which is so important. I didn't know you can scan the bar code, I've got to try that. Also it helps keep track of your exercise and goals.

Hi Robin, I use "myfitnesspal.com" I like it because I can track my food, it remembers what I enter frequently, and I can play with the settings manually. I can set my own calorie and Protein intake goals. It subtracts the numbers for you. You can log your weight and measurements. I like that I can use my phone (droid), ipad, or computer and it will synch them. I can put in a recipe and it will do the calculations. You can scan food from the code on the package and it will load it into your system. That is pretty cool. There are many things you can use it for. I like that I can print it out too. I took it to my nut appt one time. It doesn't take long to put your food in either.

myfitnesspal is what i use on my iphone and i love it being on my phone, as I have it with me at all times. It was a free app. I tried a lot of them, and it by far has the biggest database of foods/restaurants. I think the scanning thing is new to it, i just got it on an update. I have used the recipe part, but only a couple of times. I also keep up with my Water and exercise on it too. This is my favorite one so far.<br>:)<br>

I tend to journal in a book, but when I forget it at work or at home and don't have it on me, I'm not as good at keeping track of things. I think the hardest part is calculating your personal recipes or foods that aren't in the websites library.

I'm looking for your suggestions for the best online food journal/tracking websites, specifcally: pros/cons for the site, the ease of adding information, especially your personal foods/recipes, and why you recommend it.

Thanks so much for your input!

robin

I have been using Realizemysucess.com - it was recommended by my surgeon and they have access to it, so I don't have to print out my food diary. They also have a pretty good recipe database which is available after surgery and has serving sizes automatically set for 4 ounces which is nice. I could access it on my smartphone if I wanted to.

I use CalorieKing. It has every food, and I mean EVERY food in their database. LOVE IT! Also has weight tracking and forecasting. Exercise planning and tracking, etc. Found nothing wrong at all with this site.

:D Ditto on myfitnesspal! I just got done entering my lunch in it and it only takes seconds. There are probably others but I really like this one.

I've been using calorie counter app by fat secret.com . It works great for me and never any complaint. Actuallybeen using it for about 2 years now. Use on your phone or computer.

What customizations did you make to the myfitnesspal? I signed up, and I'm trying to figure out what I should be tracked. I started my pre-op diet, and I wish I could set the calories a little differently. I am slsherwood51 there.

I have been using caloriecount.about.com for about 2 years. I had heard of some others (my fitness pal and spark people, etc.) so I finally decided to try my fitness pal and I didn't like it as much as calorie count. I think the reason I didn't like it as much is there is too much guesswork involved in the quantity of food. At calorie count you can do a serving, enter in oz, grams, tsp, tbsp, or sometimes there is choices like a single baby carrot, etc. So I really like that flexibility of the way you can enter your food quantity.

I've been using calorie counter app by fat secret.com . It works great for me and never any complaint. Actuallybeen using it for about 2 years now. Use on your phone or computer.

Thanks! I was driving myself crazy trying to find one that would let me put my 800 cal in instead of being automatic.....and it is a free app!!!!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded MyNetDiary onto my Android phone a few days ago and am absolutely loving it. It costs about $3.00 but was totally worth it in my opinion. They also have an online site with a lot of great features. Best of all, the online and phone do two-way sync.

I have been using LoseIt ap on my iPhone. There is a website where you can also enter data into their website www.loseit.com To track my intake for the nutritionist, I am able to print off daily or weekly reports to take to my appointments.

What customizations did you make to the myfitnesspal? I signed up, and I'm trying to figure out what I should be tracked. I started my pre-op diet, and I wish I could set the calories a little differently. I am slsherwood51 there.

I use it on my cell phone most of the time and to change it on there, go to the circle at the top right and click on it, then go to edit profile. Under the preferences on that page, click on net calorie goal then you can put in whatever you want for your calories.

On the website, be on the home tab and click on goals. At the bottom of that page click on the green change goals button. On the next page, click the custom button. On that next page you can change all of your goals for everything-fat, calories, carbs and exercise.