Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unbelievable walk: I turned around so I could walk longer

Ladies and gentlemen…I wanted to share my experience on my walk tonight. I’ve have posted very few times but have silently been in the corners of the threads reading, reading, and reading. I can’t imagine going through this experience without this site. I’ve learned so much, come to expect things, and had my fears eased just from someone posting their experiences. Thanks to everyone.

Anyways, my walk this evening was almost four miles because I wanted to listen to my new playlist that I put together. Once the music started I felt like I had hope this time. It’s a Monday…how many freakin Mondays have you started a diet and an exercise plan? Every time I did, I’ve failed…this time…there is hope. I have found the tool that is finally going to help me be successful. VSG.

What you might wonder what made me want to extend my walk? I HAVE NEVER WANTED TO EXERCISE MORE…NEVER! Over the last day I’ve been making the ultimate playlist to motivate me. I’m sharing this so you too can too experience the range of emotions that I did. I cried during my walk, wanted to boogie through parts, raised my hands in joy, and just had a big smile on my face and enjoyed the whole experience (again, never would I describe any former walks as ‘enjoyable’)!

Let me preface this with my normal music is hardcore Bon Jovi, any hair band, Styx, and classic rock. I’m 41 years old and a high school teacher. I don’t watch and haven’t watched American Idol. With that said here was made tonight the best walk of my life…1. Not Afraid (Eninem- clean version), 2. This Is My Now (Jordan Sparks), 3. I Gotta a Feeling (Blackeyed Peas), 4. Pocketful of Sunshine (N. Bedingfield), 5. Black Horse and The Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall), 6. The Edge of Glory (Lady Gaga), 7. Fighter (C. Aguilera), 8. Firework (Katy Perry), 9. Just Dance (Lady Gaga), 10. Raise Your Glass (Pink-clean version), 11. Who Says (S. Gomez), 12. Unwritten (N. Bedingfield), 13. Only Girl (Rihanna), 14. Invisable (J. Hudson), 15. The Real Me (C. Aiken)

There is a line or series of lyrics in each of these songs that I could relate to as an overweight woman in search of something better. If you haven’t heard these songs, go to youtube. I bought every single one of these on Amazon and put them on my cloud drive that I can listen to them on my android phone while I walk. I’m telling you, it was awesome.

I can’t wait until tomorrow. Not only to walk but for every tomorrow after that. Why, because this weight is coming off and I want to see what happens. In the lyrics of Unwritten it says, “Live your life with arms wide open, Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten”. The chorus of Invisible is “I gotta find me another way Cause I don't wanna stay another day Time for a change in my mind I've opened my eyes I'm changing my life And now I'm gonna live my life for me Cause this ain't how it's supposed to be No more standing in the back of the line Cause I'm invisible for the last time.” A final chorus that started the walk was Eninem (Ya I know really, who knew) “I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid) To take a stand (to take a stand) Everybody (everybody) Come take my hand (come take my hand) We'll walk this road together, through the storm Whatever weather, cold or warm Just lettin you know that, you're not alone Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road).”

I’m sorry this is SO LONG, but if you are a newbie (like me – 7/13/2011), stop worrying, stop pitying yourself, and do something positive. No looking back…it’s on to the future. It’s going to be a journey; we need to learn a new lifestyle along the way. We won’t wake up tomorrow thin, but one of these tomorrows we’ll be there…just keep on walking.

Congrats, and OH I get it! I never go on any work out without my music!!!!!! I too went from never wanting to ever work out to craving it. By the end of my walk I so revved up I cut through a field with hill on each side and I am going up and down them on a zig zag to to add to walk and the field provides me a little privacy so I do dance a bit, like no one is watching!