Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9-22-11 sleeve date siblings?

Buckeye girl only 11 days!!!!! Im so happy for you! I laughed, because I refuse to buy bigger clothes before surgery so when I sit my jeans fold back and my fat purges over lol, can't wait to be rid of that!

I am excited, scared and a 100 different emotions. I am taking everything one day at a time. Luckily I do not need to fly to another country to ge tthe procedure done, just catch a cab 10 minutes from home. I am starting to think about the pre-op work my doctor has prescribed..Not looking forward to Optifast, especially since I can not normally stomach milkshakes.

I had my last blow out meal on the weekend, went out with my friends and had seafood with abandon and champagne. Then we finished the night sharing some macaroons. Such fun!

Have you any final plans?

I have also started planning for post op with things to help me lighten up when I am having a bad day, organising flowers to be delivered etc.

oops I forgot to reply directly to you

I'm looking forward to good health! Also feeling comfortable in clothes again and not feeling like I constantly have to place something over my belly when I sit, like no one knows I'm fat under there :)

I keep forgetting to reply to each person

I love your blow out meal! My Dr isn't putting me on Optifast, I get a liquid diet 3 days before,set off by a laxitive...yea. I am going to set up a housekeeper to take care of my families mess after the surgery. I don't think I will want to clean up after I have been gone a week. Most people say they feel great after, but I would like to pamper myself just a bit. As far as post op, I have been researching the best tasting Protein and buying the ones I think I might like. So far I got the chicken broth, the Peanut Butter chocolate and the special K pink lemonade. I haven't tried the Isopure yet, do you know if it's good? I'm looking forward to buying goal clothes. I am looking forward the week off from chores and next year going on vacation and having better vacation pictures. What are you looking forward to?

I am looking forward to buying new clothes, goal clothes. I am headed to New York in November (it was already planned) and shopping for all different size clothes and getting goal clothes. I am looking forward to not having to get seatbelt extenders on the plane. I am trying to work on goals that are not a specific weight related, like I want to be less, ALOT less but what that end goal looks like in numbers I dont know but I will in other things like being able to go for runs without stopping/walking, shopping in normal size stores (or buying really cheap clothes that i can throw out after one wear lol). But mainly having a healthy balanced life....ok on a tangent here..sorry.

I like the idea of a housekeeper, I am sure your family will too. I am lucky my mum is coming to look after me and she cant help but clean.

I havent tried isopure. I will have to get my head around the Protein options for when I am in the US.

What do your family say about the surgery?

I'm looking forward to good health! Also feeling comfortable in clothes again and not feeling like I constantly have to place something over my belly when I sit, like no one knows I'm fat under there :)

I hear ya! No more cover all rolls shirts lol.

I am looking forward to buying new clothes, goal clothes. I am headed to New York in November (it was already planned) and shopping for all different size clothes and getting goal clothes. I am looking forward to not having to get seatbelt extenders on the plane. I am trying to work on goals that are not a specific weight related, like I want to be less, ALOT less but what that end goal looks like in numbers I dont know but I will in other things like being able to go for runs without stopping/walking, shopping in normal size stores (or buying really cheap clothes that i can throw out after one wear lol). But mainly having a healthy balanced life....ok on a tangent here..sorry.

I like the idea of a housekeeper, I am sure your family will too. I am lucky my mum is coming to look after me and she cant help but clean.

I havent tried Isopure. I will have to get my head around the Protein options for when I am in the US.

What do your family say about the surgery?

I've told my immediate family and they are for what makes mom happy ( they also have seen the work I have done to not gain more weight). My mom is a worry wort ( I should have just showed up skinny one day). I've told my best friend and she started dieting so she can get my clothes I grow out of, and I have told my cousin ( like a sister ) who has had the lap band done. She had told our family as a whole and they talk behind her back. So I decided not to tell them. Is your family and friends supportive? I think my cousin is more excited for me than me. I go back and fourth on ' what would happen to my family if I die, to, I wish it was the 22 already so I can get rid of the extra weight. I hate having to breath up instead of out ( I should just undo the button on my pants) LOL.

I hear ya! No more cover all rolls shirts lol.

Or putting your arm through a sleeve to find it won't go on because arm is too big. Thank you Jesus for stretchy material!

I've told my immediate family and they are for what makes mom happy ( they also have seen the work I have done to not gain more weight). My mom is a worry wort ( I should have just showed up skinny one day). I've told my best friend and she started dieting so she can get my clothes I grow out of, and I have told my cousin ( like a sister ) who has had the lap band done. She had told our family as a whole and they talk behind her back. So I decided not to tell them. Is your family and friends supportive? I think my cousin is more excited for me than me. I go back and fourth on ' what would happen to my family if I die, to, I wish it was the 22 already so I can get rid of the extra weight. I hate having to breath up instead of out ( I should just undo the button on my pants) LOL.

I have told my immediate family (mum, dad, brother, sister in law), my best friends and some friends from work. Everyone is really supportive of me. There is obviously some concern about the risks but everyone is rooting for me to succeed. I think (similar to yourself) they have seen all the work I have done to try loose it and recently the amount of exercise injuries that I have had over the last year or so. I will have my cousins 40th birthday the 2nd weekend after my surgery so I will decide whether I say anything to the rest of the family. My mum is a worry wart too, I think she will drive me crazy when I am trying to recover.

The 22nd will come around too quickly I am sure. My work is keeping my crazy busy.

How old are your kids?

Bring on the smaller groups, breath out in safety lol

The 22nd will come around too quickly I am sure. My work is keeping my crazy busy.

How old are your kids?

Bring on the smaller groups, breath out in safety lol

Only 3 more Saturdays! My children are 23 daughter( Married w/ 2 grandsons), 19 son ( he will be going with me if his passcard comes in on time),10 daughter ( the bossy one), 4 son ( all boy), and 3 year old twin girls. The youngest 4 are still at home. Do you have children? What are their ages, if you do?

Only 3 more Saturdays! My children are 23 daughter( Married w/ 2 grandsons), 19 son ( he will be going with me if his passcard comes in on time),10 daughter ( the bossy one), 4 son ( all boy), and 3 year old twin girls. The youngest 4 are still at home. Do you have children? What are their ages, if you do?

Hey how is all your prep going?

I replied the other day but it does not seem to have saved.

I have started my pre-op diet, so far so good. A little under 2 weeks to go.

I dont have children but I do hope that one day they are in the card. I have a 3 yo nephew, and my sister in law has twins on the way. I look forward to running around more with them.

You are doing well with 6 kids...i dont know I could handle that!

Hey how is all your prep going?

I have started my pre-op diet, so far so good. A little under 2 weeks to go.

You are doing well with 6 kids...i don't know I could handle that!

I have a colonoscopy next Thursday and start my liquid diet the day before that. I'm not looking forward to it, I get real crabby when I get hungry. I am hopping my husband will take the kids out to eat or make the meals so I am not tempted to eat. I believe because my children are scattered in age it is easier. I had the oldest 2 closer in age. I didn't think I would want more children, but as they got older and didn't need me as much I wanted another child and so on. The joke my oldest daughter makes is that all of her children's aunts and uncles aren't born yet, lol. Just 2 weekends away for us. Have you packed? I haven't as yet. I do have everything I can think of set aside. I always feel I may be missing something. I am determined to be one of the lucky people who do not have pain after the surgery........do you think that will work? lol

I have a colonoscopy next Thursday and start my liquid diet the day before that. I'm not looking forward to it, I get real crabby when I get hungry. I am hopping my husband will take the kids out to eat or make the meals so I am not tempted to eat. I believe because my children are scattered in age it is easier. I had the oldest 2 closer in age. I didn't think I would want more children, but as they got older and didn't need me as much I wanted another child and so on. The joke my oldest daughter makes is that all of her children's aunts and uncles aren't born yet, lol. Just 2 weekends away for us. Have you packed? I haven't as yet. I do have everything I can think of set aside. I always feel I may be missing something. I am determined to be one of the lucky people who do not have pain after the surgery........do you think that will work? lol

Yikes, I am so glad I do not need to have a colonoscopy, atleast I havent been told I need to yet.

I am surprised I am not really hungry on the Optifast diet, i get the occasional twang but then it goes. I am shocked I lost like 2.5kgs (approx 5pounds) in 2 days. Wonder what it will be on the surgery date.

I believe positivity and determination is a good start on not having pain after surgery. I am not sure that I wont have pain after surgery but I am sure that I dont want it to get me down.

I have planned for a pick me up every few days, having flowers delivered at different days etc.

I am spending the weekend preparing for after the surgery, making some broths, organising my clothes by sizes. Next weekend I will be in New Zealand til the day before the op, so wont be able to next weekend. Also means I wont be stressing about what I am going to do.. How do you plan to spend the weekend before the event :)

I am surprised I am not really hungry on the Optifast diet, i get the occasional twang but then it goes. I am shocked I lost like 2.5kgs (approx 5pounds) in 2 days. Wonder what it will be on the surgery date.

I am spending the weekend preparing for after the surgery, making some broths, organising my clothes by sizes. Next weekend I will be in New Zealand til the day before the op, so wont be able to next weekend. Also means I wont be stressing about what I am going to do.. How do you plan to spend the weekend before the event :)

I've got to say, WOW, New Zealand!!! I hear it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I'm going to a church camp with my potty training kids...I want to go with you! lol. They do have everything from zip lines to Water sports to keep us occupied and We will have a great time. They are not putting me on Optifast, I go straight to Clear liquids before and after surgery. I imagine I will be board to death with clears after this.

5 lbs in 2 days!!?!! WOW, that has to feel great! Give yourself a pat on the back for me.

I've got to say, WOW, New Zealand!!! I hear it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I'm going to a church camp with my potty training kids...I want to go with you! lol. They do have everything from zip lines to Water sports to keep us occupied and We will have a great time. They are not putting me on Optifast, I go straight to Clear Liquids before and after surgery. I imagine I will be board to death with clears after this.

5 lbs in 2 days!!?!! WOW, that has to feel great! Give yourself a pat on the back for me.

It will be fun, going to see the Rugby world cup...definitely will be a good distraction. Tho will be hard being around all the drunk people and not being able to drink. Tho I am not a big drinker, i enjoy the odd social drink :)

You are welcome to ditch the potty training kids (leave them with hubby) and join us in NZ :) Luckily for me NZ is just a few hours flight from here. I will see if i can post some pics when I get back. Atleast being around people will be help keep the nerves down.

I am not looking forward to clears either, but luckily I am not on them before, so am hoping it wont be too bad having them afterwards as i will be recovering. Tho I imagine I will be over liquids quickly. But should be happily on full food by the time I get to New York in November....

BTW Back patted! Thank you!