Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best exercise to get rid of BELLY FAT

Well, I have lost my man boobs and a lot of my stomach. I am having a hard time getting rid of my lower belly fat ( below my belly button). What are some good exercises that has worked for you to help reduce this? My stomach area ( above my belly button) is getting greatly reduced but I am not seeing a big reduction in the other. I want to concentrate on the exercise that will work on that area. Please give me your feedback.

Thanks.

I did Hip Hop abs with great results. I carried a lot of my weight in my abdomen, and found that HHA really helped tone, lift and shrink that stubborn belly fat.

I also did stand up crunches. Squat (as low as you can) against a wall, make sure your back is supported, and "crunch" like you would if you were lying on the ground doing crunches. Essentially, rolling your pelvis up and your shoulders down to tighten those lower abdominal muscles.

The HHA will give you cardio as well, and isolated core exercises. It's not annoying Hip Hop music, or vulgar. It's more Top 100 Pop songs.

Hanging knee raises, and pretty much anything Shaun T has on DVD. He and Tony Horton (both BeachBody employees) have great programs. It seems that what Tony does in 90 days, Shaun does in 60.

OH BELLY! I still have a lot of belly fat and no motivation. I want to do belly dancing and hooping but its a 30 minute drive to and from and I'm so broke it isn't funny. 30 lbs to go and it's all in my tummy. :(

Lunges and squats are really good with weights to tone the muscles. I also like working out on the Ab coaster but I work out on one at the gym I go to

This may seem like a crazy reply but last yr for my 29th birthday i did pole dancing and it worked all the stomach muscles. Owe the pain. Now being as I'm not a tiny woman I couldn't believe I made it much less managed to flip my bum over. Now I realize your a guy, but they may have pole dancing classes for your gender near you. I'd check. The results are fantastic. I will mention that zumba took 4 inches off my hips in the first 8 weeks.

This may seem like a crazy reply but last yr for my 29th birthday i did pole dancing and it worked all the stomach muscles. Owe the pain. Now being as I'm not a tiny woman I couldn't believe I made it much less managed to flip my bum over. Now I realize your a guy, but they may have pole dancing classes for your gender near you. I'd check. The results are fantastic. I will mention that zumba took 4 inches off my hips in the first 8 weeks.

That is funny, I would try Zumba before pole dancing, I do not think the world is ready for that yet.:o I guess I could start a pole dancing class for 260 lb guys, do you think there would be a demand?:lol:

This is a big problem area for me, too. My trainer said that the absolute best cardio that will burn fat and tone this area at the same time is 1) running and 2) walking on a treadmill at a steep incline. You don't have to walk fast at all, but set the incline as high as you can without having to hold onto the front or side rails. If you hold on to support yourself, you are negating the effect of the whole workout.

I haven't started back running yet but I can tell a huge difference in how my body lost weight with diet/running vs post-surgery with restricted calories and zumba. My butt and abs are way saggier because they aren't getting the same workout as with running.

Callanetics! These are deep toning exercises that work for guys and girls. I am really seing a difference since I started doing the program. You can buy the video online.

I agree with the running and incline. Both are great. Make sure you throw in some time every other day where you are doing leg lifts (I'm starting P90X Ab Ripper X and it's a killer) or other calisthenics to give your knees a break. You can set some goals like looking for a sprint triathlon 4 months out, etc. That's my goal.

Well, I have lost my man boobs and a lot of my stomach. I am having a hard time getting rid of my lower belly fat ( below my belly button). What are some good exercises that has worked for you to help reduce this? My stomach area ( above my belly button) is getting greatly reduced but I am not seeing a big reduction in the other. I want to concentrate on the exercise that will work on that area. Please give me your feedback.

Thanks.

Planks to strenghten your core. . . try that one. . .if you were in the military you will know that those are. . . good luck