Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So todays day 8 feeling so much better...I think pain was from one of my incisions I allways had sensitive skin..for me just me prob should of not took full shower my skins so dry I think the Water irritated one of the smaller incisions..never fails for my csections same thing happened...feeling a lot better today.little fam drama last night over everyone wanting to know my info..once they find out they will just judge me rather not deal w that....walked alot yesterday...first night I got to sleep on my right side...left side not yet but I can rest on it for a bit then I feel a little weird feeling...appetite has diminshed..so I figured out when people bring outside food in the home that's when its hard..I was able to cook and not want it last night for the first time..protein hard. To eat all but trying..

So todays day 8 feeling so much better...I think pain was from one of my incisions I always had sensitive skin..for me just me prob should of not took full shower my skins so dry I think the Water irritated one of the smaller incisions..never fails for my sections same thing happened...feeling a lot better today.little fam drama last night over everyone wanting to know my info..once they find out they will just judge me rather not deal w that....walked alot yesterday...first night I got to sleep on my right side...left side not yet but I can rest on it for a bit then I feel a little weird feeling...appetite has diminshed..so I figured out when people bring outside food in the home that's when its hard..I was able to cook and not want it last night for the first time..protein hard. To eat all but trying..

Hi, Yes sometimes family and friends become more of a problem than help, and right now you just need some peace in your life. You really don't and won't have hunger. What you are having is "head hunger" your head is telling you that "IT" wants to eat, because for all your life the head has rules what and when you were eating. Now you are going to take control and pick how much, and when you are going to eat. It takes a good two months to get this habit going. That is why the first month is the hardest. When people bring things in the house--it is the smell of the food that you are dealing with. Ask them to please not do this for this first month. If they want something else please eat it where they picked up the food. It is really hard when someone does that to you.

Glad to hear that your pain is going away. Each day it gets better. You just have to adapt to the lifestyle changes that you are going to be making. Healthy choices when it comes to food.

I have a new Protein Drink that I just love. I have ALWAYS just had Premier Protein Drink that I got at costco after 3 years I wanted to try something different. I wanted to try something different and so I had heard a lot of people talk about "Mint Cookies." It is sooooooooooo good. This is where I ordered it from www.netrition.com

The item number to order this is 39-0963 it is made by Syntrax and you can have it in the 2nd 10 days. The Label says Matrix 2.0 Mint Cookies This might be something that would make it a little easier for you. The cost of it is $22.95 for 2.16 lbs. It truly is good. You can mix it with Water or milk. I use Skim Milk. They have other flavors once you get to the site and find it. I have also ordered banana Cream--have not tasted it yet. Hang in there it will get a whole lot better. Hugs, Suzanne

Thanks Suzzane honestly you have helped me so much I dont know how I would be able to do this without you.You are a big inspiration and help to me..im down a little more than 10 pounds so im so excited...thats so true dont eat in front of me its so damn hard..honestly it was its getting alot better...Im going to order it..I walked today, kids came back home so things may change a little not much...You are correct its my head not me..my appetite is gone at first I was worried but you are right its the smell..Im going to order that drink I know herbal life has an awesome drink I wonder if its within our contents..YEAH 2 more days and I can try my drinks from cosco compared to my shakes im sure I will love them..thanks a million..

Your friend Jackie

Thanks Suzanne honestly you have helped me so much I don't know how I would be able to do this without you.You are a big inspiration and help to me..I'm down a little more than 10 pounds so im so excited...thats so true don't eat in front of me its so damn hard..honestly it was its getting a lot better...Im going to order it..I walked today, kids came back home so things may change a little not much...You are correct its my head not me..my appetite is gone at first I was worried but you are right its the smell..Im going to order that drink I know herbal life has an awesome drink I wonder if its within our contents..YEAH 2 more days and I can try my drinks from costco compared to my shakes I'm sure I will love them..thanks a million..

Your friend Jackie

Hey Jackie, that is just what I am here for. My goal is to help others and pass on what I have learned along the way. I had some wonderful people who really helped me when I had my surgery and we have become good friends along the way. You are doing fantastic with your weight loss Yeah for Jackie. You honestly have to stop and have talks with yourself--so your brain understands who is in charge. Your brain can play some nasty tricks on you along with the smell of food the they are bringing into the house. I am sure they don't even think about it but sit down and nicely tell them, right now this is NOT working at all for you. 2 more days, I can still remember when when I got to start on the 2nd 10 days. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I got to have creamy soup--and I could only get down about 1/4 of a cup not even all that, but it taste soooooo good. You can and will do this and you are going to be so successful. sugar free Popsicles were really good too--get some of those and try them. Just remember you have earned the right to be skinny and it is going to happen.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I bought the chicken, beef and veggie broths. Buy the name brands, they taste better, or make your own. Mine are not low sodium.

My doc doesn't allow us to have SF Jello, yogurt or pudding the 3 weeks after surgery. Only liquids. We can have popcicles, the SF kind.

I also bought cream of chicken Soup, cream of mushrrom, tomatoe and cream of potato Soups. Everything I eat the first three weeks has to go through a strainer. So we can thin out the Soups with milk, puree and run through the strainer, then warm up if you want. I have not tried them yet. I'm 3 days post op. Just now trying some orange juice. We can have 100% fruit juice, Water down if you like. Of course no pulp in the OJ. I've mostly had Protein shakes, broth and Water. Going to try more things tomorrow.

Good luck on your surgery. You will do just fine.

So enjoyed your posts. Glad you are doing well. May have missed some of your posts. Did you breeze through? I'm scheduled at Forest Park in Dallas with Dr. Davidson on Sept. 20. Kinda having second thoughts.

So enjoyed your posts. Glad you are doing well. May have missed some of your posts. Did you breeze through? I'm scheduled at Forest Park in Dallas with Dr. Davidson on Sept. 20. Kinda having second thoughts.

Nanu..I'm doing great know 2nd week 3rd day I felt a lot better I mean a lot...food was a big temptation when others in family were eating fried food..but I just tried to ignore and try to remember this is how I got that way..I mean overweight...when no ones home its easier...I'm going on my 11th day today and am down like 16 pounds...which is great to me...I weighed 204 arrived at hospital 199 today I'm 187..I'm writing goals on calendar and I'm beating them before all the other diets wouldn't work..I noticed of course the more I walk the more I go down...I guess common sense but 1st week it was hard for me to walk a lot...

Sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations!

I am thanks ..I'm real happy learning something new all the time thanks to the people on this board...Suzannes been a big help...

I wrote a small blog ab my experience...u can prob find under my name...

Hey,

I think you are doing a great job as a matter of fact really amazing. Just keep doing what you are doing OK. Each day it gets a whole lot better. Remember the 1st month is the hardest. Then each month after that it just keeps getting easier. We all have our ups and downs. Don't forget the stalls that you may experience. We have all had times when we didn't lose one pound for days and we knew we were doing everything right, then the weight loss starts up again. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Suzanne