Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone help with a checklist of what I should purchase, I read broth, but what kind, also read gas x, scheduled this Monday just need a little assistance...

I'm 2 days post op. I bought Protein Drinks, sf Jello, yogurt, sf pudding, flavor packs for Water, sf hot chocolate, Tomato Soup, chicken broth, vitamins/supplements, gas x strips, sf carnation instant breakfast...and that's all I can think of right now. Good luck to you!! My very best advice to you is...if you need pain medicine, take it! I thought I could be all tough and not take the pain meds, but I couldn't handle it...so if you need it, take it and walk, walk, walk!! You'll do great!!

I bought the chicken, beef and veggie broths. Buy the name brands, they taste better, or make your own. Mine are not low sodium.

My doc doesn't allow us to have SF Jello, yogurt or pudding the 3 weeks after surgery. Only liquids. We can have popcicles, the SF kind.

I also bought cream of chicken Soup, cream of mushrrom, tomatoe and cream of potato Soups. Everything I eat the first three weeks has to go through a strainer. So we can thin out the Soups with milk, puree and run through the strainer, then warm up if you want. I have not tried them yet. I'm 3 days post op. Just now trying some orange juice. We can have 100% fruit juice, Water down if you like. Of course no pulp in the OJ. I've mostly had Protein shakes, broth and Water. Going to try more things tomorrow.

Good luck on your surgery. You will do just fine.

Well I don't know if it matters or not. I didn't take that into consideration. Actually I bought chicken noodle Soup, and I plan on straining the noodles out of it. That may not be the best advice, but it's what I'm doing. :)

My dr allows the pudding and yogurt if it's thinned with skim milk. I was served Jello in the hospital, and I had a whole one today as well.

No I didn't and I've not really had nausea, but I know the dr can give you something that will dissolve on your tongue so you might wait for that. It will help you sleep too (according to a sleeved friend irl)

Thanks so much this is so helpful...did u buy anything for nausea (hope I spelled correctly)..

They want you to drink Water and to make the Water better by some flavors of Crystal Light. It really does help. You can have apple juice and white grape juice too. I had the 1st 10 days nothing up clear liquids--you had to be able to see through them. The the 2nd 10 days creamy liquids. the last 10 days was much food.

I had a difficult time the 1st 10 days with finding a Protein that worked that I likes. I hate Isopure--taste like pond scum to me. So I just got by without much Protein the 1st 10 days. I drink Premier Protein Drink and I buy mine at costco. There are lots of Protein drinks. Try some of them out, and there are places on line that you can order them from. Just get small amounts until you know you will like them. I use chicken and beef broth--don't worry about the salt, you won't eat that much of it to really matter. Yogurt, SF pudding, cream Soups where things that worked for me. I could have Jello in the 1st 10 days too. SF Popsicles worked when my stomach felt upset too.

Good luck and don't forget the GAS-X get the strips that you can put on your tongue and the melt away. It is much easier than trying to swallow a pill and they work faster too.

Suzanne

You guys are so helpful thank you so much..I appreciate it..are we real gassy after just wondering..did u guys take like 2 change of clothes..

I wore home the clothes I wore to the hospital. I took a few extra undies, but I only needed the clean pair I wore home. I just wore the hospital gown. The gas was really bad for me, but walking makes a huge improvement quickly. You might have trouble with the co2 they use to inflate your abdomen, and you might have trouble with the digestive gas. The gas x helps a lot with the digestive gas, and the walking helps with both. My two friends who were sleeved didn't have any problem with gas at all, so you just never know how it's going to go! I just can't emphasize enough how quickly the walking starts to dissipate the surgical gas. You'll do great!!

I bought the Gas X but haven't used, haven't had any gas pains. Thank You!!!! But not everyone is so lucky.

As far as meds for nausea, your doc will probably send you home with a prescription. Mine did. Plus he gave me a script for a patch to put behind my ear the night before surgery. you leave it on for about 3 days. So I think that helped some too. But the second day I was very sick to my stomach. But it passed and haven't had any since that second day.

You guys are the best I really apprecite it. I have gotten alot of information from you 2..I find it very helpful. WOW 3 more days for me to go, Is the Premier Protein at Cosco te same as powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or do I need t purchase Unjury or Isopure.Just still questions I wonder about.I have a shake from herbal life unsure if that one is okay.

Bubbly 78

"]My link

weight.png