Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is coming up and an now having nightmares! :(

Hi everyone,

I’m Vanessa and am 20 years old. I started this because i want to read and see different journeys so i am excited to see what i'll find. I will be having my surgery in September and ever since i got my date i have been having these nightmares! I wake up in the middle of the night because i can’t stand the pain after surgery and i even dreamt once that i felt everything during surgery! I’m so excited for this but i can't understand why I’m getting so nervous. I knew this is going to be a great new chapter in my life and i can’t wait.:rolleyes:

I think it's just your nerves! It's normal to be a bit nervous and scared (I know I was!) But think positively about the outcome, the big change that you are making for your life. You are 20, and so think that the rest of your 20's you will spend healthier, in good shape, etc. I'm 23 and I feel like once I hit my goal my 20's and the rest of my life is gonna be fabulous :) I hope this helps some. :)

I wish I would have had the sugery when I was your age. How exciting! You have the rest of your life to enjoy the new you. Congrats on your surgery date! I too have been having the worst nightmares! I dreamed that my previous husband who had passed away was alive and then last night I dreamed that aliens came and were trying to kidnap me! This was right before my pre opt apt and I couldn't sleep. I know sounds like a joke but these are the dreams I have been having. I am scared about the surgery but I know it will all be worth it! Good luck to you sweetie!

Vanessa,

If I could have done it when I was 20 I would have. Hind sight is 20/20 and I would totally do it. I would have saved myself a lot of heart ache and a lot of money spent on diet plans and foods etc! Good luck to you. Your nerves are normal. My surgery is July 29th and I still have days where I'm shaking in my boots. I haven't had a nightmare yet...but I wouldn't be surprised if I did! Good luck Vanessa! Keep thinking your Happy Thoughts!! You can do this!!! ((hugs))

I agree with Carem, I am approaching 28 and wish so much I wouldn't have chickened out when I had a gastric bypass scheduled back in 2004, but I did. The thing EVERYONE says about their WLS is that they wished they would have done it when they were young. You are so lucky!!!! :-)

I am having my Surgery 2 weeks after my 28th B-day, and I am hoping to feel and look amazing in my twenties still!

Good Luck young one! (and Carmen!!)

you guys are the sweetest..yes i feel so grateful to be doing it at a young age .. my dream is so loose enough weight to be healthy and join the marines :)! im so ready to do things i wish i could do but my weight would hold me back..

I am having my surgery 4 days after my 53rd birthday. I have lost 90 pounds twice in my lifetime and of course gained it back. Im hoping this restriction is the key to long term weight loss. I dont want to spend the last 25 yrs of my life pigging out and feeling like crap after.

My only nervousness comes from the pre tests...silly I know.

Hi everyone,

I’m Vanessa and am 20 years old. I started this because i want to read and see different journeys so i am excited to see what i'll find. I will be having my surgery in September and ever since i got my date i have been having these nightmares! I wake up in the middle of the night because i can’t stand the pain after surgery and i even dreamt once that i felt everything during surgery! I’m so excited for this but i can't understand why I’m getting so nervous. I knew this is going to be a great new chapter in my life and i can’t wait.:rolleyes:

It's just your nerves :-/ My surgery is on Monday and I am getting SOOOO nervous. I had this dream the other night that I was standing over the operating table looking down on my own body watching them do the operation. It was SOO bizarre. I'm just ready for this to be over so I can stop worrying and start SIPPING. lol!!

MLD i know ever since i got my opt date i started having these dreams! i mean i dont think its going under the knife but mostly this big change :)! im doing it thru kaiser too and i am going thru all the classes u went thru :) keep me updated! :)

@ Vanessa,

What state are you in? I have Kaiser also but opted to skip their long drawn out process and self pay with Dr Kelly. How long is the proces taking you? My aunt and uncle went thru Kaiser and it was almost a year.

Hey Janese well im with Kaiser located in California.. Its a 12 nutrition class and i finished that probably a month and a half ago.. My surgery date in on the 19th of September so i could say this whole process is taking about 6 months.

Vanessa just thought I would tell you last night's dream was about crockidiles trying to eat me if this wasn't such a scary surgery I would be laughing lol Hate to think what I am going to dream about tonight lol