Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Update - Surgery Feb 2011

So I know it's been a while since I've written but I've had a lot of changes take place at work. I'm actually in between jobs again but it's for the better so that's a good thing.

I started this journey at 240 and this morning was down to 179. That's 61 lbs. The weight has slowed down drastically in the past 2 months. I have to confess that I have been behaving with food intake but not alcohol intake. I decided to quit drinking this week and will live up to that promise until October 1st which is my cousin's wedding. I'm hoping that I see my weight loss pick back up due to this.

I also started going to a personal trainer 3 weeks ago and he's kicking my butt. I go 2x a week and try to do cardio or at least walk around my neighborhood the other 3 days of the week. I can definitely see the muscle definition in some parts such as my shoulders, upper back and thighs. Unfortunately, my stomach, boobs and batwings are being a little stubborn but hey I plan to keep trying until next year and if it does not work, there's always surgery.

I tell everyone that this is the best decision I've ever made. I look at pictures now and see how disgusting I look. I've always been conceided even when I was fat so I didn't think it was "that bad" but now I can truly see the difference and it disgusts me. I also get disgusted at the amount of food and type of food that people eat. I promised that although I was going to have this surgery, I would remain a fat girl inside for ever but I honestly get grossed out by the amounts of food that certain people eat. I feel like a hypocrite but can't help my feelings ... does anyone feel this way too?

The best part is that the caliber of men that approach me has definitely improved. I still haven't found the one, but I'm glad that the prospects are looking better. I'm hoping Mr. Right is just around the corner.

If anyone has any questions for me or wants to b***h at me because of my alcohol use, please feel free to contact me.

xoxo, Silvia

WOW...you look absolutely great! You have done an excellent job. And as far as watching others eat now, I know exactly what you mean. I get it, I used to BE those people, so I also feel like a hypocrite, but now when I watch it myself, it makes me feel ill. I can't believe I used to do that to myself. I'm just glad I CAN'T do it anymore.

Again, congrats on your loss so far. Keep it up!smile.gif

YOU LOOK FAB!!!! great job.

Thank you and wow you've lost 44 lbs pre-vsg that's amazing!!!

WOW...you look absolutely great! You have done an excellent job. And as far as watching others eat now, I know exactly what you mean. I get it, I used to BE those people, so I also feel like a hypocrite, but now when I watch it myself, it makes me feel ill. I can't believe I used to do that to myself. I'm just glad I CAN'T do it anymore.

Again, congrats on your loss so far. Keep it up!smile.gif

Thank you so much! At least I don't feel alone with my thoughts. Congrats on your recent success as well.

I've always been conceided even when I was fat so I didn't think it was "that bad" but now I can truly see the difference and it disgusts me. I also get disgusted at the amount of food and type of food that people eat. I promised that although I was going to have this surgery, I would remain a fat girl inside for ever but I honestly get grossed out by the amounts of food that certain people eat. I feel like a hypocrite but can't help my feelings ... does anyone feel this way too?

OMG YOU SOUND LIKE ME!!! I'm getting my sleeve next week, and I tell people now that I'm just your average VAIN FAT GIRL! My best friend ( who weighs 135 pounds) is constantly getting onto me because of my comments towards "women of size" who just don't seem to have MIRRORS IN THEIR HOMES! I'm really not trying to be a snotty B***H, I just think that if you are going to cram all that food into your body, at least cover it up. I cover everything! And Probably will for a very long time, EVEN after I loose all this weight!

You look AWESOME, and yes, you should probably limit the alcohol use a bit, but you have still done a great job and have a lot to celebrate!!!

You look SO different! Love the hair. Congrats!

You look great! You have done great with your weightloss! I can't wait to be at 179 like you!

YOU LOOK AWESOME! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I know it's been a while since I've written but I've had a lot of changes take place at work. I'm actually in between jobs again but it's for the better so that's a good thing.

I started this journey at 240 and this morning was down to 179. That's 61 lbs. The weight has slowed down drastically in the past 2 months. I have to confess that I have been behaving with food intake but not alcohol intake. I decided to quit drinking this week and will live up to that promise until October 1st which is my cousin's wedding. I'm hoping that I see my weight loss pick back up due to this.

I also started going to a personal trainer 3 weeks ago and he's kicking my butt. I go 2x a week and try to do cardio or at least walk around my neighborhood the other 3 days of the week. I can definitely see the muscle definition in some parts such as my shoulders, upper back and thighs. Unfortunately, my stomach, boobs and batwings are being a little stubborn but hey I plan to keep trying until next year and if it does not work, there's always surgery.

I tell everyone that this is the best decision I've ever made. I look at pictures now and see how disgusting I look. I've always been conceided even when I was fat so I didn't think it was "that bad" but now I can truly see the difference and it disgusts me. I also get disgusted at the amount of food and type of food that people eat. I promised that although I was going to have this surgery, I would remain a fat girl inside for ever but I honestly get grossed out by the amounts of food that certain people eat. I feel like a hypocrite but can't help my feelings ... does anyone feel this way too?

The best part is that the caliber of men that approach me has definitely improved. I still haven't found the one, but I'm glad that the prospects are looking better. I'm hoping Mr. Right is just around the corner.

If anyone has any questions for me or wants to b***h at me because of my alcohol use, please feel free to contact me.

xoxo, Silvia

Hi Silvia, you are looking very lovely, and you are right though to can the booze for the weight loss phase, it is packed with calories. However in maintenance you can resume as I did, hic!

Looking good! Keep it up. :)