Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When you were able to start eating regular solid food, what did you eat?

Im curious, after you went thru the different phases and was finally able to eat solid foods again, what did you eat? Im 6 days post op and pretty hungry and can't wait till i can eat eggs :) But i know i can't go crazy when im able to eat regular foods. So what did you eat that kept your calorie intake low?

THANK YOU

Hi! Actually before I had my surgery I made stewed chicken w/veggies!!! Really it's just glorified chicken Soup but stewed chicken makes it sound like it's something really special!!!:P I strained the chicken and veggies out and separated the chicken stock. Froze both of them and thaw them out as needed. I blended up the chicken/veggies with the left over stock and made me some baby food/pureed food. Put that in a coffee cup, sat the coffee cup on a candle warmer and ate it very slowly. Trust me you can't eat a whole lot anyway but the candle warmer will keep it warm for you until you either get full or tired of messing with it. Hope this helps! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!:D

I am on the soft food stage now and have been for about 3 weeks. My first meal was an egg with melted cheese. SOO YUMMY, even though I could only eat 1/2 of it!! I then had some pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. yummy!!

i have boiled egg whites and turkey sausage a lot for Breakfast. turkey Jerky for snack. banana, cantalope and watermelon a few times a week. foster farms turkey meatballs are my friend right now, i have them a lot for lunch. i can usually only eat 2, but they are super good. cheese is yummy-all sorts. luchmeat rolled up with laughing cow cheese wedge spread on it.! i like baked chicken better than grilled, it is not so dry. salmon and tuna are also good and go down well.

there really has not been too much that i have tried and haven't been able to handle. in the beginning, chicken salad and refried Beans did not work, they felt stuck and so did cottage cheese, but now, everything is fine. i think i was still too swollen and it just took time.

i have not tried too many veggies at this point besides green beans, potatoes, yams and cooked onions. they all were fine on my sleeve.

take your time when you get there and eat one thing at a time to see what works for you. good luck!

Kelly

Hi, my favorite things to eat right now are the Sam's Choice Stuffed chicken Breasts, they are filled with various things like cheese, mushrooms, spinach, bacon. 34-37g Protein each but I can't eat a whole breast. I make 2 meals out of one. I also like eggs, boiled or scrambled. Pure Protein Bars. Buffalo chicken with greek yogurt and a little bleu cheese dressing. Cottage cheese. String cheese. Refried Beans w/ qeuso mexican dip cheese, shredded colby monterry jack cheese, verde salsa, and greek yogurt. I am getting stuff to make bacon wrapped shrimp soon. Also will be making meatloaf and looking for an easy asian meatball recipe as we speak lol. On the meatloaf and meatballs I am going to freeze a lot for future meals in ziplock bags in small portions.

:)

that sounds sooooooooooo good right now! Are these foods like low cal or just regular foods? How long does it take you to finish a plate ? Or can you finish a plate? wow im soooo hungry now!!!

Hi, my favorite things to eat right now are the Sam's Choice Stuffed chicken Breasts, they are filled with various things like cheese, mushrooms, spinach, bacon. 34-37g Protein each but I can't eat a whole breast. I make 2 meals out of one. I also like eggs, boiled or scrambled. Pure Protein bars. Buffalo chicken with greek yogurt and a little bleu cheese dressing. Cottage cheese. String cheese. Refried Beans w/ qeuso mexican dip cheese, shredded colby monterry jack cheese, verde salsa, and greek yogurt. I am getting stuff to make bacon wrapped shrimp soon. Also will be making meatloaf and looking for an easy asian meatball recipe as we speak lol. On the meatloaf and meatballs I am going to freeze a lot for future meals in ziplock bags in small portions.

I usually measure everything still. 2-3 oz meat. 1/2 Protein Bar at a time. I use myfitnesspal on my phone to log everything and generally get in 600-800 calories in a day, but I focus the most on getting the Protein in. 70-80 is my protein goal and carbs low, usually under 30. The small amts are pretty satisfying too thanks to my sleeve.

Mashed potatoes with gravy was my first "real food." Then I had deviled eggs...heaven!

Im curious, after you went thru the different phases and was finally able to eat solid foods again, what did you eat? Im 6 days post op and pretty hungry and can't wait till i can eat eggs :) But i know i can't go crazy when im able to eat regular foods. So what did you eat that kept your calorie intake low?

THANK YOU