Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapbandtalk Cruise 2007!!! Official Sign Up And News

Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!

• Yes, I want to go. I will PM you with additional information ASAP!
    • No, I cannot go at this time, maybe next time.

Anyone coming through East Texas Hwy 259? I be out there with my thumb held out. It is cheaper to get a hotel and leave your car there than it is to park at the cruise lot. Plus you can go a day early and enjoy the city. I go there at least once a year.A nice place to meet is the club at Ramada. The night before the cruise. For the earlybirds. I may come I have not decided yet.They have shuttles that run from the Houston airport. I work for a pool company and June is our busy time of year.

When we went to Cozumel we rented a car ahead of time $45 .We looked online and book our fun things to do. Much cheaper than booking through the ship.

Ya know.... now that I think about funny things.... the ship is in INTERNATIONAL Water for much of the time. Hmmmmmmmmm?

Great idea LadySplenda! Do you think your gonna go with us? Just need to know by mid-September for sure!

Oh Elisa (shuffles feet to kick dirt up) stop raining on our drunken parade will ya? And stop tellin' me to take my lamp shade off of my head! oh alright, I will take the lamp shade off but I am NOT putting my clothes back on!

I'm just a big ol' party pooper. No alcohol, ANYONE! But feel free to hit the 24-hour ice cream machines as often as you want :bananapartyhat:

I don't want to scare anyone. I am a responsible person and I will be a good liasion for you on this cruise. But I do like to have fun. But I will be very reliable if you need me. Now... where did I put that rum?

I don't want to scare anyone. I am a responsible person and I will be a good liasion for you on this cruise. But I do like to have fun. But I will be very reliable if you need me. Now... where did I put that rum?

Well I will tell ya right now, I am a huge partier! LOL When I am not around my kids, I let loose, and Rob and I have a LOT of fun!! Something tells me Jenna is one step down from me, simply because she has that sense of duty to be liason. I have no duty. My kids will be with their grandparents about 1000 miles away. I will be crazy. LOL

Hello all,

What is this about a cruise of Lapbanders. When is it and how do you sign up if interested? I would love to hear about it. Is it to Alaska??? thanks in advance for the information. BeachBumFl

BeachBumFL, here's a cut and paste from Jenna's first post in this thread. Let her know if you'd like to join the group -- the more the merrier!

The cruise chosen has been: (please read carefully)

June 17th (7 NIGHTS) Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines sailing of the Rhapsody of the Seas. Ports of call: Galveston, Texas; Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Costa Maya, Mexico; Yucatan (Progreso), Mexico; Galveston, Texas

Cabins held: (first deposits will have their choice of the cabins available)

- 15 Category N (inside, double) at a per-person rate of $651.96

- 1 Category K (inside, quad) at a per-person rate of $701.96 for the first two and $441.96 for the 3rd and 4th -- this was the ONLY inside triple/quad left

- 5 Category I (outside, double) at a per-person rate of $771.96

- 2 Category F (outside, quad) at a per-person rate of $851.96 for the first two and $441.96 for the 3rd and 4th

The deposit due is $500 with a due date of October 2nd on the double-occupancy (final April 8th) and a due date of August 3rd on the triple/quads.

Airport transfers are available at additional fee or you can arrange your own transport. The closest airport is going to be Houston Hobby (intercontinental airport is much farther away). Airfare is up to you to arrange. This is cruise only pricing.

Trip insurance is optional as well. Rates vary. I will let you know when I get a definite price.

We will be all seated together for formal dinners, however you may eat elsewhere if you choose. More specific information on what to wear, what to pack, etc will be later when time is closer.

The cruise line will also give us a meeting place where we can all get to know each other and have a sort of mini-in person support group meeting. There will also be a fitness program on board the ship that can be customized to your own level. Of course you don't have to do any of this, but it will be there if you do.

**Payment will be made through Gadgetlady (Elisa) and she is a licensed travel agent with availability to accept all forms of payments. I teamed up with her so that all of you can feel comfortable with an actual travel business accepting payments and money. She will unfortunately not be able to travel with us so I will be your liason for the cruise.

***Single travelers can be matched in a double room or a triple with other single travelers. You can also talk with your LBT friends and pair yourselves up!!

All cabins will also receive a special surprise for their cruise!!!

Please PM me after you vote if you plan on attending. We will need to get our deposits in and then we can make payments as needed.

Please PM me with the following information:

Names of Passengers (as it appears on you passport)

Ages

Contact phone

Address

Citizenship (US, Mexico, etc etc)

Emergency contact person and phone number

Crown and Anchor # (if you are a member)

What Category room? Do you need a roomie?

If you need help with air arrangements (pm the city leaving from)

If you want insurance (it is somewhere around $39 or so)

If you need transfers to and from ship (it is about $40 pp I think)

Copy and paste the above into a PM is fine.

DO NOT SEND ME CREDIT CARD INFO!!!! YOU WILL DO THAT TO THE AGENCY WHEN THEY CALL YOU!!!!

Let's CRUISE!!!

Oh my gosh! I went on that very ship to those very ports of call just earlier this year.

It was a great trip ya'll! Take your kids over age 2. There's lots of stuff for them to do. Unfortunately, there's less for kids 2 and under.

The trip to Mayan ruins in Mexico will gobble your whole time there and its an hour on the bus each way, but WELL WORTH IT. The ruins they take you to are secluded. Your tour group will be the only one there and your guide is very knowledgeable even if he is semi-toothless. Bring bug repellant. Those Mexican mosquitoes mean business.

OH! ONE MORE THING. Be sure to buy seasickness stickers that you put behind your ear and wear for pretty much the whole trip. Buy them at your local pharmacy. Trust me!

nah...just be sure to drink at least 4 oz of pure Water for every drink you have. 8oz is better. that will ensure that you are not hungover the next day.

but good luck rememebering to do that after 6 or 7 drinks. lol

I can't wait to see the ruins. It is one of the things I am looking forward to the most!!

Just to let everyone know, we're losing our hold on the triples/quads today, so if you're interested in booking a room that holds more than two people please contact me TODAY before 9pm PST.