Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapbandtalk Cruise 2007!!! Official Sign Up And News

Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!

• Yes, I want to go. I will PM you with additional information ASAP!
    • No, I cannot go at this time, maybe next time.

Alison, You are officially our farthest traveler!! All the way from Greece to the US to cruise with your LBT buddies! YOU ROCK!!

Well it's with help from those buddies that I can come with you and so I'm just looking forward to the whole experience. The friends I've made here are truely the best and spending 'real' time with them is going to be fabulous.

Well I suppose I should give some of you peaks into the cruise. Here are some things I have planned..... There will be more info to come and I will get more specific about general questions as they come. If you don't mind PM'ing me your questions, I can share them here for everyone to see in case they had the same question!

1. All of our dinner tables will be together. I hope we all move around a bit and sit in different places to really meet everyone.

2. Most of the cabin categories will be nearby each other.

3. I have a late night gathering the first night and short meetings on the two sea days planned so as to build friendships, laugh and get to know each other (hubbys welcome to come!!). Also I have some games planned with prizes!! Gonna be great! Your not required to come at all, I just wanted to facilitate all of us in one room.

4. I will be your liasion on the cruise. If you have any problems, come find me (which may be a task of its own) All of you will be given my cabin number and cabin phone number.

5. As a special surprise for those that are cruising there will be a $25 per cabin shipboard credit as a special gift!!! Use the money wherever you want on the ship!! For the singles traveling with roomies, you will have to work it out with your roomie on where the two of you want to spend your $25.

6. I will be the personal bodyguard for the midnight desert buffet to stop all bandsters from stuffing their faces!! But ohhhhhhh is it delicious! If you can't see me at the buffet stopping bandsters, check under the table as I may be hiding there with a piece of cheesecake.

7. Please get ready to laugh, giggle and enjoy yourselves! We are going to have a blast!!!

There are still cabins left and there is still time to join us if you want to go!! Just PM me the info requested and things will start moving!

I just can't wait. What is the count on how many of us are going do you know yet? Amy and I had so much fun getting to know each other in Mexico so I'm so looking forward for myself and dh getting to see Amy and Rob again and so looking forward to seeing pnut get drunk, LOL and looking so forward to meeting every single one of you. We have such a bond with each other, and going through all of the same trials.

God Bless each one of you and I hope when you see me in a year I'm lots smaller.

This cruise is going to be such a blast. I am counting the days. Jenna and Elisa I cant thank you two enough for planning this get together. I can’t think of a better group to cruse with.

DH and I will be driving from DFW down to Galveston so if there is anyone in the DFW area that would like to form a caravan for the trip down just let me know.

Okay, here are some questions I have gotten and here are the answers.

Wanna start looking for the special outfit for the cruise dinners??? Here are some guidelines during a cruise:

*cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights casual.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifCasual: Sport shirts/polos and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifSmart Casual: ties for men, jacket optional, dresses or pantsuits for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifFormal: Suits and ties OR tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses/formal for women (I will tell you that most men wear a suit and tie and most women do the full formal wear) Tuxedos can be reserved ahead of time if you let me know you want one (cost involved). Hair/nail/spa appointments for an up-do or style can also be arranged (cost involved)

During the day the dress is comfortable casual. This means a pair of shorts, shirts, sneakers, etc.

RCL accommodates special needs such as, food Allergies, Gluten-free, Vegetarian (except for vegan/macrobiotic) Low-fat, Low-Sodium, Lactaid/Soy Milk, Ensure, and Kosher meals at no extra charge. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE NOW SO THAT IT CAN BE NOTED ON YOUR CRUISE.

If it is your Anniversary or Birthday, please let me know.

ATM machines are onboard the ship. ($5 surcharge)

There is internet access at a cost available. It is best to buy in a package when you board and look for "specials" in your daily itinerary magazine.

Medical staff: Yes, there are a minimum of two fully certified doctors and a minimum of 3 fully certified nurses on every ship.

Smoking: smoking is permitted on all open air decks. Smoking is not permitted inside the ship unless it is a designated lounge area.

What are the transfers? RCL meet & greet staff will meet you in the Baggage Claim Area or outside of Customs (for international flights) to direct you to your transportation between the airport and ship/ ship and airport.

Hairdryers: All cabins have hairdryers.

Room service? Room service is free. Just call and tell them what you want. If you would like, you may tip the steward that delivers or you may tip at the end of your cruise.

Drinking water: Yes, you can drink the Water on the ship. It is all filtered and distilled.

Passports? Yes, it is highly recommended that each guest has a valid passport. Due to government restrictions and new legislations it is unclear whether it will be REQUIRED at the time of your sailing, therefore the cruise lines are asking passengers to please get their passports ahead of time so as to not have confusion.

When will I get my cruise documents? cruise documents are sent to you or your travel agent 20-50 days prior to sailing, assuming your reservation is finalized and your payments have been made.

Can I bring my own liquor? Technically... NO and they will take it if they find it. But I do.

Is there laundry? Yes, for a price.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN Shirt/T-Shirt:$2.50Blouse:$3.50Shirt (dress):$3.00Dress (wash):$5.00Underwear:$1.20Skirt:$3.50Jeans:$3.00Nightgown:$3.00Pajamas:$4.00Swimsuit:$2.00Handkerchif:$0.75Slip:$2.50Shorts:$2.50Housecoat:$3.50Bathrobe:$3.50Hosiery:$3.50Pants (wash):$3.50Slacks:$3.50Sweatshirt:$3.00 Socks:$1.00 PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN Suit:$7.00Evening Gown:$8.00Pants:$4.25Dress$7.00Jacket:$4.50Silk Blouse:$5:00Sweater:$4.00Silk Dress:$8.00Coat:$7.00Skirt$4.50Tie:$2.00Suit:$7.50Shirt:$3.50Blouse:$4.00Shorts:$3.00Scarf:$2.50Vest$2.50 Silk Pajamas:$4.50 PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

Is there an emergency number if my family needs to contact me???

Yes, Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-SHIP [(888) 724-7447]. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (732) 335-3285. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute, and can be charged to their American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply. You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPassSM account.

On this particular cruise is all the food and drink gratis? Just food? If the drinks are not then I am bringing my liquor cabinet LOL

I am SO excited! Rob is looking for a few good men to smoke cubans with and enjoy some fine single malt scotch. And you will find us dancing at the club just about every night! We love going full formal on the formal nights, and will be in tuxedo and dress for those nights. While only do a little bit right? Besides, this is the cruise for us to shine on! To show the world how much we have changed! I can't wait to go shopping for cruise wear!

Liquor is not free. Only Tea, coffee, juice from the pool cafe, Water. Any drinks ordered from a waiter (other than your dining table waiter) and not gotten on your own from a cafe are charged, regardless of what you order. Room service is free.

food is free except the specialty shops (starbucks, baskin robbins, etc)

You can't officially smuggle liquor on board yet I can't condemn you for what I plan to do too. So take your chances. Worst case scenario, they will confiscate it. Although, I have never gotten caught and I make sure I tip my cabin steward VERY nicely and sometimes I even get him a trinket from a port.

You can't officially smuggle liquor on board yet I can't condemn you for what I plan to do too. So take your chances. Worst case scenario, they will confiscate it. Although, I have never gotten caught and I make sure I tip my cabin steward VERY nicely and sometimes I even get him a trinket from a port.

It's my understanding that if they DO confiscate the liquor, they will return it to you at the end of the trip.

Also, if you PACK the liquor, you shouldn't have an issue. It's just if you come on the ship from a port with shopping bags full of liquor they'll see it in the scanner when you get aboard. Also, often times one or two bottles or cans in the bottom of a backpack are not worth the trouble for security to confiscate. Of course, if you do choose to pack it and it's a glass bottle, put it in a plastic bag in case it breaks or you'll be smelling like gin for the entire cruise :huggie:

I always bring/buy beverages for myself (caffeine-free, sugar-free) because the sodas they have have caffeine, which I don't drink, and the other free options are lemonade (full of sugar) or iced tea (full of caffeine). They don't care a hoot if you bring non-alcoholic beverages aboard.

good point, I didn't distinguish from packing it in the beginning and bringing it on from the port.

I always pack it in my luggage. They WILL get it if you bring it on from the port and then they will keep it until the end of the cruise. If you are caught packing it in your luggage they take it completely and you don't get it back. Ahhhhh, lost a bottle of bacardi that way ((sigh)).

Jenna, big THANKS for coordinating this cruise! I appreciate all the time & effort you've given for the cause! I'm in official countdown mode, really looking forward to this adventure. :dance:

Thanks also to Elisa for her help with booking thru the agency! I'm sure you had your hands full trying to reach everyone (different time zones and such), it wasn't an easy job and I also appreciate your time and attention.

Everybody spread the word to all of your LBT friends, it's going to be fun and there's still room! It's affordable, you DESERVE it!

Karla

Maybe when we have our get-together the first night we can start a sign up sheet for those interested?...it might be fun to go as a small (or large) group! I think this is definitely something that when we meet up for that first night, that this can be planned out between any of us that want to. I am not a big port fan, but I am sure there are others that want to buddy up and go in a big group.

Is there an additional fee for housekeeping that is not included in the package price? I remember seeing an expose some time ago and for some reason this sticks with me. There are tipping guidelines aboard the ship. They can be adjusted according to how you feel it is necessary. For example, I think the Matre'd tip is stupid, therefore I don't tip them. I feel the dinner waitor and the cabin steward are the most important, therefore I up them up a little. You will get a statement of what is customary and then you can change it by going to the pursurs desk to make it how you want to.

Do you recommend bringing travelers checks instead of cash? Is either one easier to exchange than the other? I have always used cash. I have never in cruising had to exchange my money in the ports either. Most vendors and shops deal in american money too. The cruise ships deal in american money. If you want to do travelers checks that is fine. If you want to do small bills of american money, that is fine too. The smaller bills will spend easily. I recommend taking 1's, 5's, 10's and 20's. There is a safe in your cabin for you to store extra money, credit cards, documents and jewelry. Also, most of the "shops" in town take a credit card. Everything aboard the ship will be placed on your "sea card" (none of the places will take cash) and you will pay the balance at the end however you wish (credit card, cash, etc)