Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapbandtalk Cruise 2007!!! Official Sign Up And News

Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!

• Yes, I want to go. I will PM you with additional information ASAP!
    • No, I cannot go at this time, maybe next time.

Lisa99 just joined the group, for those of you who are keeping track :-)

Also, I just received an email about passport requirements (from another cruise line but the law is the same), so this is a cut and paste of the pertinent parts:

The U.S. Department of State recently announced an extension of the proposed implementation timeline for the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. When enacted, travelers to and from a foreign country (including the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada) must have a valid passport or other secure, accepted document* to enter or re-enter the U.S. The revised proposed timeline is as follows:

• January 8, 2007 – Valid passport or other accepted document* required for all air travel to or from the U.S.
  • June 1, 2009 – Valid passport or other accepted document* required for all travel to or from the U.S. (air, sea or land)

Although the requirement to possess a valid passport for sea and land border crossings has been extended to June 1, 2009, the government can accelerate this date based on meeting certain criteria.

Please note that effective January 8, 2007, all cruise guests entering or re-entering the United States by air are required to have valid passports. U.S. cruise guests who travel by air to embark in Vancouver for Alaska cruises and Canadian cruise guests who travel by air to embark in U.S. ports are required to have valid passports for all cruises terminating on or after January 8, 2007. Foreign nationals should contact their respective governments to obtain details regarding current passport requirements.

All cruise guests must present the required documentation at embarkation. Cruise guests without required documentation will be denied boarding and no refund will be issued.

*The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has not yet made a final determination as to which forms of documentation may serve as a valid alternative to a passport. For more information, please visit www.travel.state.gov/passport or call the National Passport Information Center toll free at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TYY at 1-888-874-7793.

Insurance information has finally arrived!

The rate is $59 per person (by check) or $64 per person (by credit card) for any of the rooms types we currently have reserved.

I would like to send the protection plan out via email so interested parties can review it, but I don't have most peoples' email addresses. Please email me at elisa@gondola.com if you're interested and I will respond with the policy.

The insurance can be purchased between now and 60 days prior to sailing. There are specific allowable reasons for cancelation, so please review the documentation to make sure you understand what's covered and what isn't. One nice bonus is that it does cover independently booked air, accident and sickness medical benefits, baggage protection, etc. -- so not just the cruise itself.

Please email, post, or PM with any questions!

Sickness, injury, death of yourslf or traveling companion or members of immediate family, involvement in a traffic accident en route to departure, natural disaster making your home uninhabitable, called into active duty by the military, subpeona or jury duty, quarantine -- stuff like that. It also covers airfare, baggage protection, and medical coverage (like if you're injured on the cruise and have to be transported home). If you cancel for an uncovered reason (i.e. business reasons, etc.), they will provide you with a cruise credit of 75% of the non-refundable value of your cruise towards the use of a future cruise.

Melissa, I do have your email address (you're one of the few) so I will email you a copy of the terms so you can review it.

Any other bandster interested in a roomie? I had a female bandster inquire. Any other female bandsters wanting to go but afraid to speak up because of a roomie situation? Matter of fact, doesn't even need to be a bandster, just someone who wants to go and have fun (female roomie)

PM me.

hey telly i just read you might try and go. You got to girl i have been reading and looking at everything you have done thnk we all need to really meet the telly girl in person lol. Give it some thought.

Bumping since people are still signing up as we have cabins open.....

Also a gentle reminder (kicks in da butt come in Spring), get your passports ASAP so you don't get mixed with the rush of people trying to get them in Jan/Feb/Mar

Here's the latest from RCCL on passport requirements. Please take the time now to get your paperwork in order!

---------------------------------------

If you are planning travel for 2007 or beyond, please take a minute to review the passport policy below. If you don't already have a valid passport, be sure to avoid the rush and give yourself plenty of time to apply for one. Once you've got a passport in hand, the whole world is yours to explore.

U.S. Citizen Passport Requirement

Air Travel

Effective January 8, 2007, passports will be required to or from all international air travel destinations including the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America.

Cruise Travel

As early as January 1, 2008, subject to U.S. Government amendment, passports will be required for cruise travel to or from all international destinations including the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America.

Based on personal need or circumstances that may interrupt your cruise experience, Royal Caribbean International strongly recommends that all guests be in the possession of a valid passport prior to taking their cruise to be able to facilitate onward travel plans and meet U.S. Government entry compliance requirements without concern or delay.

For additional passport information visit the State Department's Website. Or if you prefer, contact the passport service of your choice, such as Passport Express Services for applications and assistance or call 1.800. 858.8579.

Non-U.S. Citizens

You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.

Visa Waiver Program

Citizens from the Visa Waiver Program countries of: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunel, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom seeking to enter the United States will be required to have in their possession a machine readable passport valid for the duration of the voyage. A machine readable passport is one having an alpha-numeric code on the bottom of the picture page. Example:

P<<UKDOE<<JOHN<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<1234567890M1234567890M1234567890<1234567890

Visa Waiver Program travelers arriving in the U.S. on or after October 26, 2005 with passports issued on or after this date must present passports with a digital photograph.

Visa Waiver Program travelers arriving in the U.S. on or after October 26, 2006 with passports issued on or after that date must present a biometric passport or obtain a visa for entry into the United States.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I have be on 3 cruises and believe or not...2 of them have been with RC on Rhapsody of the Seas which uses Galveston as home port.

Rhapsody is a beautiful ship. The social/activity director is a British guy who is very funny/entertaining.

What is the last date for sign up?

I probably couldn't manage it because I have a 2 week vacation coming up 1st of december which pretty much taps out my vacation days for awhile but you never know.

I LOVE Royal Carribean. I have a couple of friends who cruise at least twice a year. They say by FAR, their favorite line is RC.

The only other line I have been on is Norweigan, which was ok, but our cabin was way smaller for more money!!

Bon Voyage and happy cruising to every one who is signed up.!!!!!

What a wonderful idea.. wish i was living over there in the States . I'd be joining u guys in a heartbeat :) Maybe the aussie banders should think about putting one together. What an amazing get together it would be. Have fun all of you that get to go. Make sure you post lots of pics when you do go :eek:

Missy, We are taking cabins as we have them now. As people sign up we book it if it is available and they add it to our group. But deposit is due at time of signing up so you have to be fairly sure you want to go and can go.

TaNgLe, That is a good idea. Maybe you could organize a snorkel trip in the reef? That would be a blast!

Okay, I must be cruise happy because I just signed up and paid (gulp) for a 7 night cruise in Hawaii for New Years. We leave on Dec 30th and I am so excited! I have never been to Hawaii so I am super excited! ((sigh)) and then this 7 night cruise in June. We also have another 7 night cruise at the end of July on the Freedom. Geez, I think I am going to go into serious cruise debt.

Hey everyone!

We do still have two rooms in inventory, but they close on December 2nd. I'm leaving on a vacation on November 25th (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) and won't return until December 3rd, so those rooms will cancel / be released while I'm out of town. So if you're interested in a room, please let me know ASAP so we can secure one of the rooms at the reduced rate.

After Decemer 2nd, we can still add rooms to the group but they'll be at the normal "retail" rate, which is a little higher.

Also, so far no one has purchased insurance. If you want to get insurance or was to know more about it, let me know!