Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapbandtalk Cruise 2007!!! Official Sign Up And News

Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Official cruise 2007 June 17!! I want to go!!!!

• Yes, I want to go. I will PM you with additional information ASAP!
    • No, I cannot go at this time, maybe next time.

Melissa, I know we have to be at the cruise line around 12 P.M. on the 17th. and I believe we depart arount 4 P.M.Are you going to be there the Sat. night before. Of those of us that are we need to plan a get together.

See ya soon.:)

Yes, my sister lives in Conroe, about 40 miles from Houston, she is going on the cruise with me. So I will fly in Saturday morning. Let me know if y'all plan something, I would like to get together. Thanks for the info!

Well we had a cancellation for a single traveler with a roomie.

First person to PM me gets it. That is the only fair way to do it. You will get the original pricing. It must be a female and you must be a single traveler (you will be sharing a room with another female bandster traveling solo).

available for $771.96 -- a total steal, as the rate has almost doubled if you were to book it right now at the going rates. This is a one person deal. Only for a female, single traveler.

We have had a ton of late requests but this is something that has just come up and you can have the original price!!!! You must be ready to book and pay now.

Ready, set, hurry and PM me.

OMG! Still no one has taken this! Are you kidding me? A cruise is 1/2 off the price right now. You could take over the reservation as a sub and pay the original group price. Doesn't anyone know anyone who wants this?????

Great idea-but I already took all of my time off for our Greek island cruise this summer. Anyone up for a summer chicago get together?

Hello! Have you heard the good news? There's ONE opening for a female roommate! Do you have a friend who wants to go cruising?

Maybe you previously thought you could not afford to go? Well, click on this thread to see the new offer this ONE lucky person could receive: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/single-women-interested-t31888.html

It's a great deal! Come on people :girl_hug: Hasn't Uncle Sam been good to at least one of you? Put that tax return to good use!!

Karla

This is so frustrating. No other time will there be this price this summer. You guys are killing me. Do I need to get naked in here to get you all to go? I will ya know!

i have been pretty much of a lurker....

is there still a spot open?

i am interested in finding out more....

please advise.

i am a 57 year old married woman recently banded in january....

lots of fun and a non-smoker....

thanks for any info.

travelbug

I need to know from everyone if you prefer your documents mailed to you or if everyone is OK with e-docs. If the documents are mailed, they are generated about 21 days prior to cruise date. They are mailed to my corporate office, from there to me, and from me to you -- so it takes a little while. With the e-docs, I can generate them immediately when they're ready and email them to you and you can print out whatever portion of them you want printed. The only drawback with e-docs is you don't get the pre-printed, colored luggage tags to put on your luggage in advance of arriving at the cruise ship terminal. However, when you do arrive at the terminal, they will have some there for you to pop on your luggage.

My preference is e-docs for ease and security and knowing they won't get lost, but I wanted to get an opinion from the group. LMK what you think!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches