Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the jewels of June doing

I am ready to get my surgery over with! Going in on Tuesday!!

I'm 2 days post op and doing pretty good. The gas has been the worst for me. I have had mild muscle pain. Everytime I take a sip of something I have to get up and walk. Doing that helps the Fluid go down easier. I had a big day today. I was able to come home and the ride was 45 mins, so by the time I got home I was exhausted and sore. I just now took some pain med and hope I can rest. I must say each day I noticed a huge improvement than the previous day. Good luck to everyone :)

Hey Everyone. My surgery was June 8th at OCC in Tijuana. Gas was the most annoying thing out of it all. Well that and taking the nasty medications everyday. Everyday I felt better and better. Especially after the 5th day when they took my drainage tube out. Having that out of me made me feel so much better. It reduced the bloated feeling immediately and reduced the gassy feeling as well. For those who are only a couple days post-op- WALK! It truly makes a difference. Try to walk after every time you drink and never drink and then lay down. You'll regret it big time. I really didn't have any pain. Just the gas was uncomfortable. Day 10 was my breakthrough day where I felt almost normal besides my lack of hunger. Now at 15 days post op, the only thing I'm sick of is those daggon protien shakes! I'm so sick of the chalky, fake sweet milky taste! So now I'm done drinking them and have been getting my protien through yogurts and Skim Plus milk which has added protien. I can't wait to start exercising again next week at my 3 week post op date. So far, I'm down 21lbs (10 lbs pre-op). I think that's slow, but I don't mind. I'm just happy to be losing.

Good luck everyone!

I just got home. Had surgery Tuesday. Doing pretty well. My biggest problem is that my bladder just would not work. They had to put in a catheter which I disliked very much and of course I started my period the morning of surgery. I am moving slow but progressing nicely I think! So ready for this weight to start falling off!

I'm 20 days post op. I'm still trying to get used to this sleeve. My biggest problem is eating too fast. I mean honestly...making 1/4 cup of food last half an hour? But if I eat too fast then I get the "BIG D" if you know what I mean. I'm thirsty but cant seem to get enuf Water in, I thought the lump in the throat problem was gone, but no, not really. I was one of those folks who inhaled my food and gulped my drinks... I have no severe or major setbacks...I just have some serious behavior modification to tackle.

Six days post op here (surgery 6/21). I'm okay. It's hard to get up and down and walk, I have severe muscle pain in my abdomen under my largest incision. It freaking hurts. I walk as much as I can. I stopped taking the Lortab because it wasn't really doing anything and am now taking Tylenol. No problems drinking. I'm still on clear fluids, I don't really care because I'm not hungry. I've lost about 6 pounds since surgery. So tired and fatigued.

But I'm hanging in there. It will get better.

Surgery 6/6/11 - Finally seeing the silver lining. I couldn't drink Water without pain. I thought "WHAT HAVE I DONE"!!! I am moving into my mushy foods (with much nervousness) and drinking more Water. I even gulped a few times; I get tight in the chest but it passes. I have lost 29 lbs, even with a stall at week 2. I was near tears even though I knew about stalls early out. I am going to start focusing on low carb, high Protein this week as I have not counted calories or carbs. Overall, I feel ok. I am back at work today (half days for 2 more weeks). It is funny to think that I wanted to come back after 1 week - what was I thinking!!! LOL

Glad to see everyone checking in. Let's not lose touch!

Six days post op here (surgery 6/21). I'm okay. It's hard to get up and down and walk, I have severe muscle pain in my abdomen under my largest incision. It freaking hurts. I walk as much as I can. I stopped taking the Lortab because it wasn't really doing anything and am now taking Tylenol. No problems drinking. I'm still on clear fluids, I don't really care because I'm not hungry. I've lost about 6 pounds since surgery. So tired and fatigued.

But I'm hanging in there. It will get better.

Sleevegirl- My surgery was same day as yours and I still hurt too! Very tired of the liquid medicine. It makes me feel really weird so I was hoping to stop taking it by today but it hurts too bad. What form of tylenol are you taking? Do you cut it down small and swallow it?

Sleevegirl- My surgery was same day as yours and I still hurt too! Very tired of the liquid medicine. It makes me feel really weird so I was hoping to stop taking it by today but it hurts too bad. What form of tylenol are you taking? Do you cut it down small and swallow it?

Tylenol Extra Strength EZTabs are within the size limit (although I doubt I'd have a problem with a bigger one, I don't see to have a problem drinking or anything and can take pretty good swallows). The ab muscle pain is killer. I told my personal trainer that I'm blaming her for GIVING me freaking ab muscles to start with.

God is good. my surgery went well. the NYP Cornell weil team was stellar. I was sleeved on june 8th. down 17 pounds. initially it was 20 but gained back 3. I've made a few posts and have learned that I may have been prematurely concerned about he WL. The day after surgery was ruff, lots of vomitting; however, all tests displayed my anatomy was ok. After the naseau meds were adjusted, i was feeling good. I never took the pain meds prescribed after my discharge. I have a little incision pain- but nothing major. I am working to increase my food and liquid intake bc I am not having BM like I should.

Sleeved June 9th - Ended up staying in the hospital 5 glorious nights. Had 2 seperate blood transfussions. I can't stomach any of that nasty Protein (and yes I have tried different brands). My Bariatric Advantage Vitamins get me sick. Really scared that I am not getting my nutrient requirements.:( I am still having left shoulder pain (especially in the a.m.).

I am hoping that I will have an upward turn soon. Glad everyone else did okay.:rolleyes: