Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hunger? Acid? Gas? this is getting Tedious!

OK, for lunch I had 2 oz of Hummus and about 4 oz of chicken salad and one small triangle of pita bread. Mind you, I am 6 weeks Post-Op and I ate at noon. But every day 2 hours after I eat, I get stomach pains, that grinding empty feeling. I don't want to eat again, well actually I would love to eat again, but I know I should not. That was the whole point to the surgery. i am so confused as to 'What am I feeling?' Is it acid build up? Is it gas? Is it that I am actually hungry? I thought the hunger pains were suppose to go away? How often do most people eat during their first year, every couple of hours, every 3, every 4. Maybe I should start eating a snack after 2 hours, but I am really trying to keep my caloric intake down...?

Steven.:blink:

PS. Also my Docotr did not put me on any PPI meds, when I see him for my check up next week, I am going to ask about them.

When I get that feeling, I either get some string cheese or drink some of my clear Protein drink. Once I start to eat it, I end up not being able to finish all of it.

I dont think it's hunger pangs, I actually think it's either acid or gas. I would definately talk to your surgeon next week and see if he can get you one a PPI. I havent had any acid issues since surgery and I used to get heartburn all the time!! Talk to him and see what he thinks.

Me too, when I get that feeling, I go for some string cheese or a FiberOne granola bar or some fruit, or a drink of something. I am out 18 months and never lost that hunger thing. It really sucks but i've sorta learned to deal with it. . .good luck

Oh, I'm so glad other people have this same feeling!! I get the exact same thing--in fact, I have it right now, and I guess it's hunger, since it's around time for me to eat again, but it comes around a LOT! Usually I just ignore it or drink something; I'm trying to eat every 3 hours, but I usually don't get a lot of calories in at one time, typically around 150 max... I went through the first 5 weeks of my post-surgery period without a PPI, too, and that was causing other problems (not being able to keep a lot of food down and some serious reflux, which I never had pre-surgery), but now that I'm on the PPI, I still get this same gnawing, strange feeling in my stomach, very frequently, and even though I ate on schedule.

Let us know if the PPI helps it, or if you find a solution. I think mine is just hunger, and it's not dreadful enough to make me change my behavior, but it's close.

Meg

I just posted a topic earlier about false hunger. It sucks. I don't know if it is hunger or not either. I had it really bad before surgery and prayed that it would go away afterwards. Well, I still have it and think it might just be worse!!

I do take Nexium 40mg twice a day and it doesn't seem to help! I see my dr. tomorrow and you can bet I will be bringing this up!

I am so sick of feeling hungry all of the time. Even if it is not "real" hunger, it drives me crazy and makes me think I am hungry and that I need to eat. If I did not have that going on, I would be fine. Mine starts as soon as I drink after eating! It is like the Water does something to my stomach or something! The more I drink, the worse it gets too! WEIRD!

Kelly