Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys,

My initial surgeon consult is next week, and I'm sick of waiting :P (had to schedule this appointment a month ahead of time.)

Between the time my primary care doctor recommended WLS 3 weeks ago, and now, I think I've read everything on the internet about sleeves, watched every video on sleevers progress on you tube, I've even watched video of the surgery being completed twice. :P

I'm half afraid once I get to talk to the surgeon, he won't have anything new to tell me... LOL.

Anyway, I thought I'd be more nervous, but I'm not... I'm just anxious to get it all over with and started.. (I'm going to have to do the 6 month diet I'm sure...)

So, I guess I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone... and ask if anyone knew what to expect for the initial consultation? Will that day be the start of my 6 months? Or will I need to come back and speak to a NUT for that?

Yes it's the same thing! As prepared as I was before surgery I forgot it all afterwards. :rolleyes: LOL

Speaking of NUT(s), yours are bigger than mine...I wouldn't watch the surgery before because I was afraid if I really knew what they were going to do to me, I'd chicken out lol

Good luck on your journey!

Yes it's the same thing! As prepared as I was before surgery I forgot it all afterwards. :rolleyes: LOL

Speaking of NUT(s), yours are bigger than mine...I wouldn't watch the surgery before because I was afraid if I really knew what they were going to do to me, I'd chicken out lol

Good luck on your journey!

haha thanks! It actually makes me feel better knowing exactly whats going to happen to me... if I hadn't watched it, I would have assumed it was SO much worse than it is.

It actually looks pretty easy to do... I find that very comforting!

haha thanks! It actually makes me feel better knowing exactly whats going to happen to me... if I hadn't watched it, I would have assumed it was SO much worse than it is.

It actually looks pretty easy to do... I find that very comforting!

I saw the surgery done by the doctor that will eventually be doing mine. I find things like that very cool. Then again, I'm weird... I was that kid that stared at the doctor as I got my booster shots! But to see the surgery from start to finish (even using the retractor to hold up the liver) was great. If anything it served as additional motivation. I don't know about you, but when I saw all that adipose tissue (fat) I wanted nothing more than to do something about it. I saw it and said "is that in me???" I was stunned. Not that it was there but the potential AMOUNT. I'm staring down at my stomach now in disbelief...

when I saw all that adipose tissue (fat) I wanted nothing more than to do something about it. I saw it and said "is that in me???" I was stunned. Not that it was there but the potential AMOUNT. I'm staring down at my stomach now in disbelief...

DUDE I did the same exact thing.... I was even thinking "Man, I wonder if I could ask the doctor to just get that out of me while hes in there." Seeing that, and thinking about it being inside of me right now is just disturbing... >< and only helps solidify that I'm doing the right thing.

Well, just got back from my first meeting... Turns out my insurance covers the sleeve, and they've had good luck using them in the past. They also think I'm a good candidate for the surgery. Feels like I have a giant pile of things I need to get scheduled and finished in the next 6 months, but it feels great being one step closer!

6 months is a long time - but it will fly by. Your date will be here before you know it. Welcome to the forums and congratulations on taking the first steps.

Scheduled my psych eval yesterday. They said it would be 1.5 hours... (holy crap!) What the hell am I going to talk about for 1.5 hours?? ( How am I supposed to pretend I'm not crazy for that long? :P)

haha! i thought the same! i was just like, what if they dig up some hidden feelings? lol. goodness gracious! that day, i need to be sure i eat well & feel relaxed because if im agitated, i might uncover some things i managed to forget! >_<

may the lord be with us :x

Scheduled my psych eval yesterday. They said it would be 1.5 hours... (holy crap!) What the hell am I going to talk about for 1.5 hours?? ( How am I supposed to pretend I'm not crazy for that long? :P)

haha! i thought the same! i was just like, what if they dig up some hidden feelings? lol. goodness gracious! that day, i need to be sure i eat well & feel relaxed because if im agitated, i might uncover some things i managed to forget! >_<

may the lord be with us :x

I know right? ... plus... I don't know exactly what would disqualify us... I mean, we're obviously unhappy because of our weight.. we obviously have issues with stress eating or emotional eating, or something... Just now "Normal" do we have to be to pass this thing?

well i know after doing a lot of research that we might want to leave the stress eating out. thats something that surgery cant fix. from what i read, they ask u a billion of the same questions in a million different ways. lol. i know before i speak, im going to ask myself the question again. i know ill be so nervous. i guess their main focus is to make sure you are doing it for all the right reasons & that you are aware of what it is youre going to be going thru. lol. i think im terrified of being "judged" & not being approved because of something so minor. lol. im waiting for my psychiatrist to call me back for an appt but she hasnt. i may try calling her again & if no answer, im going to start searching for a new one. i want to get everything over & done with.

I know right? ... plus... I don't know exactly what would disqualify us... I mean, we're obviously unhappy because of our weight.. we obviously have issues with stress eating or emotional eating, or something... Just now "Normal" do we have to be to pass this thing?

well i know after doing a lot of research that we might want to leave the stress eating out. thats something that surgery cant fix. from what i read, they ask u a billion of the same questions in a million different ways. lol. i know before i speak, im going to ask myself the question again. i know ill be so nervous. i guess their main focus is to make sure you are doing it for all the right reasons & that you are aware of what it is youre going to be going thru. lol. i think im terrified of being "judged" & not being approved because of something so minor. lol. im waiting for my psychiatrist to call me back for an appt but she hasnt. i may try calling her again & if no answer, im going to start searching for a new one. i want to get everything over & done with.

Yeah that's what's scary to me... what are the "right reasons" ? I just want to be healthier and less limited in life.

i would think that pretty much will sum it all up.. lol. i plan on speaking about all my health issues & how i dont want them to get worse. i also want to speak about my family history and what im trying to avoid. i guess a good tip would be not to dwell so much on appearance and more of the needs rather than wants. i mean, when we go to the bank & say we need a loan, we dont say because we want to be billionaires although we all do lol.. we say we need it for this or that. & i guess dwell on how it will improve your everyday life & future & how it will effect your family (in a positive way). lol. if that doesnt get us approved, i have no idea what will.

Yeah that's what's scary to me... what are the "right reasons" ? I just want to be healthier and less limited in life.

Six months is not as bad as it seems, but between scheduling things, making the dietary changes, and living life.... it can go kind of speedy. I joined the forum 5 months ago, and I kind of can't believe I am only 3 weeks from submitting to insurance already, but that is life. You will get through this. Welcome to the forum.