Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost 4 pounds this week!

I bought this new contraption a few weeks ago that I've talked about on a few threads because I'm so excited about it. It measures how many calories I'm burning all the time. So my trainer and I made a daily goal of a 1,500 calorie defecit (that's a 3 pound loss/week). My daily caloric expenditure goal is 2,800, which is difficult for me to achieve without really incorporating a lot of activity into my day. Well this week I decided to bump up my expenditure to 3,000 and decrease my intake by 200 extra calories so that I could eat at my dad's 50th birthday party. Turns out he had pretty healthy food there anyway, and had LOTS of dancing, so I ended up burning a full pound extra! I'm loving this calorie device. I never take it off. It has totally taken the guesswork out. I know now why I plateau, when I'm going to plateau, and how to get out of a plateau. I've never been so active in my whole life, or had such motivation to eat healthy. And the lap-band makes it SO MUCH easier to follow the healthy diet. I can't imagine attempting this, yet again, without this tool.

Wow that is great.Have you had a pretty steady weight loss? I see you have lost seventy-nine pounds. I have been stuck at 165 for almost three months. I cannot buy the body bug because I am paying for college for my daughter. She has the band to. She has lost about 30 since March.The last thirty pounds is a B----

You go girl

Wow that is great.Have you had a pretty steady weight loss? I see you have lost seventy-nine pounds. I have been stuck at 165 for almost three months. I cannot buy the body bug because I am paying for college for my daughter. She has the band to. She has lost about 30 since March.The last thirty pounds is a B----

You go girl

Thanks lady! I suppose the weight loss has been fairly steady. Two of the months I didn't lose a pound (and even gained a few) because of vacations or Christmas. Plus, I felt no restriction until around March. So really, I lost the first 30 September through the end of January and the rest of it since. My weight loss has just recently taken off because I'm just now feeling REAL restriction. I can eat about a cup and a quarter of food and I feel full until the next meal. Now that I'm properly restricted and I have the calorie device my goal is to lose another 36 pounds by my 1-year band anniversary.

But as far as buying the device goes, you really don't need it. HOWEVER, I would recommend at least getting your basal metabolic rate tested and logging everything you eat. Then you'll get a more realistic view of what you're burning on a daily basis and can adjust accordingly. I'd also highly recommend a pedometer (seems to give similar motivation). I know the more you lose the slower you burn calories, so you're caloric expenditure and your caloric intake are the same right now. But heck, you're at 165, girl! That's fantastic!

I purchased a pedometer a few weeks ago, and it is a fantastic motivational tool! I wear it all the time, and have upped my exercise to try to go over 10,000 steps a day. I'm hoping to do this every day this week, plus reduce my calories. We'll see what happens!

from past posts from her I think it is called the body bugg. you can google it and there is a body bugg website. It is pricey but seems very worth it. I think I might dive right in with her and her body bugg band wagon.

I use the fit bit which works in the same way. (less expensive) they are great motivational tools. I'm all for anything that keeps us aware I our journey.