Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reward for 50 lbs lost?

I know that I have not lost as much as others on this forum, but I expect to reach 50 lbs lost soon and want to Celebrate it. I am single, no kids. I have thought of Botox, a new outfit, a piece of jewelry...or waiting until I reach goal and going on a fabulous vacation. What would you suggest? What's your opinion?

I say buy something that you "normally" wouldn't treat yourself to because it seems to extravagant. So if you are eyeing a watch, or necklace, etc. I have bought new clothes as needed but am trying to show restraint because I know in another 50-60lbs whatever I buy now will end up in the donation bin.

I haven't done any goal related rewards, but went for a pedicure with my mom last time she was in town and for my birthday, mother's day, etc. I always ask for gift cards to Ross, Kohl's, etc. So I've done my fair share of rewarding myself, just not necessarily calling it that. lol.

i would treat myself to a spa day. don't buy clothes, they will not fit you in a few weeks anyway! go get a massage or a facial. very relaxing and rewarding!!

GOOD JOB YOU!!!

Kelly :D;)

I know that I have not lost as much as others on this forum, but I expect to reach 50 lbs lost soon and want to Celebrate it. I am single, no kids. I have thought of Botox, a new outfit, a piece of jewelry...or waiting until I reach goal and going on a fabulous vacation. What would you suggest? What's your opinion?

I would buy a piece of jewelry, especially like a short/delicate necklace or Bracelet that wouldn't have worked before.

Like the other posters have said—get a massage, or maybe by some jewelry would be a great idea. I also love new purses. I have to wait for shoes because as I lose weight my feet drop sizes too.

Rewarding ourselves for mini goals is tops. It's so hard to lose 10 lbs, 20 lbs... etc... so when we hit some great milestones it's nice to pat ourselves on the back. Nothing wrong with that! When I hit Onederland I hit up Ulta big time! Beauty supplies never expire or get too big. It is true, buying expensive clothes right now is not a good choice. As you get smaller the sizes seem to go through much faster.

M2G has an excellent point though, I also ask for clothing store gift cards now. I have a bunch saved up for that one special moment when I say I'm done losing weight. It will be a great day! But not until then.

If you are eyeing a certain piece of jewelry, don't hesitate... go get it. You really do deserve it. You worked really hard for it.

I am ALL about the jewelry ....hence the name Beading Nurse! :P ...so I would go for some cool piece of jewelry because you will be able to still wear it once you get to goal.

I like this idea so much I think I will do the same for when I lose 50 lbs! :D

I love Botox for those little wrinkles but clothes & jewels are awesome rewards, too!! Best of luck deciding!!

I bought myself a bike!!! And I love it!! ( plus it helps take more weight off and gets me outside more)

I bought an iPad2! :) Now, I had said I was getting one for 6 months and had foregone a Christmas, Anniversary and Mother's Day present but I kept waiting to actually pull the trigger and make the purchase. Once I lost 50 lbs., I felt I finally deserved it.

Do something special, memorable and a little out of the norm for you- this is a big deal!

Congratulations!

Amanda

jewelrycan be worn forever . . . throughout your weight-loss (rings can be sized!) . . . when I reach "onderland" I want some diamond stud earrings :)

that gift card idea is a GOOD idea. Saving them until you reach goal. No use in buying too many items of clothing now only to give away in a month or two.

Wow we have almost identical stats - I thught I was the only person sleeved in January who hadn't hit the 50lb mark yet, its so frustrating, but we'll get there!

As fir a treat, I'd go for jewelry, infact I'd go for a ring, and then you'll have the satisfaction of seeing how quickly it gets lose!

Good luck.

I vote for Botox yayyy! Only because I want/need some lol!

I vote for Botox yayyy! Only because I want/need some lol!

I know right?? I was just looking at my face yesterday thinking I look old all of a sudden. Botox never sounded so enticing... LOL :lol:

I get botox every 3 months for Migraines. They put 50 + injections in my forehead, back of my head, neck and shoulders. It hurts alot! I wouldn't ever consider that a reward. I'm too shy to go to a spa, but I love the idea of a really nice back massage!