Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ July Chat

LindaV,

Actually, your posts about restriction are really encouraging to me. I can 'hear' your excitement in your posts. I am soooo stalled with my weight that it is really starting to get me down. I keep reading about possibly needing to consume more calories but that concept is so strange to me that I am afraid to try it. I have started exercising (swimming and biking) and I just don't eat that much. Logic tells me that since I eat way less than before my surgery (and I wasn't gaining at that time) I should be losing weight - but that is not the case. I have been playing with the same 2 lbs. since May 22 and just can't seem to break the cycle.

H. Hope

H. Hope I know exactly how you feel. I lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks after surgery and then nothing the next week and then 1 lb last week. I am hungrier than I was at 1st and haven't always been making the best choice of food. I have tried eating protien at night (when I'm the hungriest) and that has helped...if I do it....!!! I take too big of bites and don't always chew enough. Man, it is soooo hard to change so many habits all at one time. I tried to start making new habits before I had surgery but the old ones keep creeping back up. I get a fill this Thurs. and I am hoping that helps. I do have restriction but I need more. I feel like I am trying to sabatage myself lately. Anyone else have that problem also? :help: Give me some help if you do or if you have figured out how not to do that!!

You and me both. I only lost 19 pounds so far. I was banded on the 23rd but I don't get to have a fill for two more weeks! I have been afraid of real food, too but decided that it's time to have faith in what I read here...so! I cooked a lamb chop but only was able to eat about 1/3....can you believe it? I have also had fish...and I can eat about 3-4 oz of that. I've had 4 shrimp with cocktail sauce. The point is that I didn't suddenly start eating like a pre-op. You really do stop sooner, even without the restriction! I think your head changes as well as your appetitie since you haven't been eating anything much for over a month.

Take faith in hand and make some good 'food' choices.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I had my first fill and can't tell a big difference. Everyone I talk to though says its the secord or third fill that restriction really starts to happen. I get hungry a lot, but I have been doing well. Keep up the good work everyone!

Hey Hope,

I tried to call you the other day but you weren't home and I got another call before I could leave a message!

I am glad I was able to enourage you! Have you thought about seeing a dietician? I see the one Dr. Anderson recommended and I really like her. She can tell me how much fat I have lost and how much muscle I have gained which is nice when the scale isn't moving. She can also tell me how many calories I am burning at rest so we figure out a daily calorie intake goal. She charged $120 for my first appointment and $40 for follow-ups. I will continue to see her every few months.

Have you been keeping track of your calories/grams of Protein? I write down everything I eat during the day so that I can track what works and what doesn't. I know it's a pain in the a..., but, until I feel like eating like a healthy banded person comes naturally, I will continue to journal my food.

You have lost about 1/4 of what you want to lose and that is about the same as me. I think you are doing great! I do know that the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off! Keep up the exercise - at least you will build muscle!!!!

Why don't you pm me and we can arrange to have that lunch we have talked about.

I am just curious what everyone is eating in a typical day?

Do you have 3 meals? Do you snack in between meals? When do you get your Water in?

Here is a typical day for me:

8-9ish - Lite Yogurt (before Water aerobics)

24oz of water during aerobics

11ish - 2-4 oz of Protein, veggie or fruit

Noonish - 8 to 16 oz of water

2-3ish - 2 string cheeses, avocado, peice of fruit (if I'm still hungry)

5ish - some amount of water

6 pm - small salad, 3-4 oz Protein, 1/2 c vegetables, a small amount of carbs, sometimes a little more (I am definately tighter in the am and looser in the pm)

8ish - some more water (usually equals 6-8 glasses a day)

9ish - a snack if I need one usually 1 protein/ 1 fruit or veg. serving. If I havn't gotten in enough protein (70-90g) I will have a Protein shake.

I usually try to drink some water right before bed to kind of empyt my pouch.

If I am really starving for a little extra during the day, I keep 100 calories bags of popcorn or kettlecorn around, mini rice cakes, or f/f fudgesicles. Nuts really fill me up quickly. Extra string cheese sticks are also a great snack to carry around with me.

Anyway, that's a typical day for me!

Hi!! everyone, Please add me to the May list I was banded 05/11/06.

Thanks.:D

So I just did a huge post and there was an error with LBT? What the hell? Let me try this again.

I have a huge NSV to report. I have PCOS and have not had a natural period in years, they always have to be induced with medication. Guess what?? I started all on my own yesterday! No drugs or anything!!! I am shocked and amazed! Thank you to my band for giving me this back (sounds funny, eh?) I feel like such a girl again!

I weighed in this morning at 250.6. I am down 3 pounds since the beginning of last week. Yeah for me!!

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th!

Good Morning everyone! I know I have not posted for a long time! I am doing great! I wanted to share a few things: First off I am down 35 lbs since my May 4th Surgery. A total of 97 lbs since January. I feel great. I am now working with a personal trainer. Me in a gym I never in my life thought would happen. But I enjoy it !

My husband and I spent the weekend camping and boating. We spent most of the last four days on the beautiful Puget Sound ( Washington St.) The best part was my NSV: this year I am able to get in and out of the boat with out any problems. In the past I have looked like a whale getting in and out of the boat with rolling up on to the swim step and then rolling in to the boat or having to have help getting in. It was so nice to climb on to the swim step and feel great. I was also able to climb in while the boat was on the trailer. I"m so excited about it! We had such a great time! the eagles were everywhere and Oh how I wish I would of brought a camera.

This was the first big weekend where I was faced with lots of food around me! it was hard. as when when we camp many people have chips, deserts, candy, ect.... just sitting out and about for all to eat! but I made it just fine! When tempted I would just walk to the the beach or go for a swim. I made sure that I swam daily for a hour! it was exercise for the past 4 days.

I just wanted to share! next year I will be Water skiing!

Congrats Drewslou! I have been overweight all my life and have never, and I mean never had a regular cycle! How I got pregnant with my first child was luck and it took 5 years to have the second. Since then I maybe have a period once every 3-4 months. The gyno has preached at me for years to lose weight and it would straighten out but I obviously haven't. So I can understand being somewhat excited, feeling like a girl again! I hope I have that happen in the near future. It's amazing at what extra weight does to mess up our bodies!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July! We had a huge cookout/pool party and I had a ton of fun! I'm soooo glad that I have this band! I nibbled on a hamburger patty with cheese, some baked Beans and potato salad (in the past I would have eaten soooo much more!). So far I'm finding that I can pretty much eat what everyone else is eating, I just eat about 1/3 of their portion sizes! I'm sooo excited to say that I've now lost 36 lbs(24 since surgery). I do find that I don't drink enough Water when I'm at home.. at work I actually make a conscious effort, but at home other things seem to get in the way... So I gottta work on that! I hope you guys are all doing great! Go May Bandsters!

P.S. ... I also ate a small piece of pound cake with fresh strawberries with whipped cream! It was heavenly! (I know, I know not low-cal, but It was worth it!)

HELLLOOOOOO! Where are you guys? On vacation? Hangovers from the 4th?

Guess what everyone? I swam 20 laps in the pool last night! Along with 30 minutes of deep Water water-aerobics! I could never have done that before surgery and weight loss! How is the exercise going everyone?

Hope all is well!