Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ July Chat

Yup....I have that problem too....."Scale Slave". BTW LindaV, I may try the Water aerobics. I took my boys to the Y on Fri just to look around and such and the pool looked so inviting. I love the Water. :biggrin1:

GreatDame ~ Great job on the 20 lbs. Don't hold back the tears....you deserve happy tears....how exciting!! :eek:

Hippo's Hope ~ How's the fill going? Any words of wisdom to share?

:wow2: YEAH Hippo's Hope!!! We must have been posting at the same time. Great job....I bet it feels wonderful!! :eek:

I have been thinking about the Water workouts also. I saw my surgeon for the second time since surgery yesterday and got the all clear.

The local P & R pool has a class starting in two weeks and I think I am going to take it. $45 for three one hour classes for a month. I think thats pretty reasonable.

Myra

3loves, The fills are a piece of cake. (Sorry for that mental image) I got such a tiny little fill that I still don't have as much fill as lots of people get on their first fill, but I'm okay with it I think. I have noticed that so far I seem to be less hungry in the morning. I'm not sure whether I feel less hungry or whether I become more aware and inspired after visiting my surgeon. In any case, I have been eating less the last few days.

Hope

Hi guys!

It seems like forever since I've even been here- wow- everyone is doing so well! I lost about 15 pounds the 1st 3 weeks (banded May 31), and nada the last two weeks (sigh) I am soo ready for my 1st fill! The problem i am currently facing is my fill doc here in UT has more than doubled his price-:faint: yikes ! so I'm looking into fill centers usa for follow up- anybody have any experience? I'm planning on going to the one in Pocatello ID.

I still don't eat nearly what I used to, so overall I'm happy, just ready for some restriction, right now having to rely on good old will power! (which I'm sorely lacking in:biggrin1: )

put me down for the September challenge- 20 lbs for me!!!

thanks guys- the support here is fantabulous!!!

Hope - Congratulations - you're in ONDERLAND! I can't wait to join you although it will probably be a while. Weightloss can be such a fickle thing. I know you have been frustrated, but, having restriction makes all the difference!

Kato - Hang in there! I didn't gain after my first few weeks only partly because of the band--a lot of it was will power! Hippo's Hope goes to Salt Lake City for her fills. She had her surgery done there soI know there are docs there who do fills. From what I have heard, some docotors really charge through the roof for fills. Those of us who are banded are between a rock and a hard place because we need restrictions for the band to work and we need fills for restriction! Good luck finding a good fill doctor!

Myra - If you have a YMCA in your area, you might look into how much it costs for a membership there. We only pay $60 a month for my whole family and I have unlimited access to the Water aerobics classes there. My YMCA also offers daily, weekly and monthly pool passes (which are pretty inexpensive) which, if purchased, give you access to the water fitness classes as well at no extra charge.

:clap2: i started last week and i love love love it!!!!

Its so much fun and dont feel like your working out at all..UNTIL LATER LOL

I was worn out! And sore the next day! But later that afternoon all was well i felt awesome!

I Love it!:clap2:

I had a horrible weekend and gave into my cravings. It's my TOM and I guess I felt sorry for myself....why I don't know. I did so much better last month. I had chocolate, tostados from Taco Bell, and peanuts. I actually did better at my DH's company picnic than I did at home. I guess b/c it was too dang gum hot to eat much. The heat index was over 100. I sweat in places I didn't know existed. :eek:

Well, I'm ready to start working out and I plan to hit it hard this week. I will NEVER again be as heavy as I am today....the scales are going down....I LOVE my band!! :D:rolleyes:

Hi there - I haven't posted in a very long time but I had my first major NSV today I wanted to share with my fellow May bandsters...

Pre-surgery, I was in a very tight 24 pants and a 3x/22-24 stop size.

This weekend, after my size 22 "skinny" pants began falling off of me, I decided to finally shopping. I went to Lane Bryant with my trusty coupon and wound up trying on - and fitting nicely in - size 20 pants. It felt great! What was even more wonderful, though, was I grabbed an 18/20 top, assuming it would fit nicely and it would up being too big! The sales girl confirmed it and gave me a 14/16... it fit like a charm! I almost jumped for joy and skipped over to the register to pay for my stuff. It was a great day...

Good luck to all!

WAY TO GO Dawn!! :rolleyes: I hope you stay on that cloud of joy.....you deserve it!! I actually bought a pair of shorts at Wal-Mart that were 18/20....they ran big I'm sure. It is empowering isn't it? I can't wait to fit into a real size 18. I may even feel skinny. :D

You have done awesome with your weight loss!! Do you have a fill?

Hey Everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I decided to go ahead and postpone my first fill (it was scheduled for tomorrow) for a few weeks. My 35th birthday is a week from tomorrow and I want to be able to go out and enjoy it without having to worry about being too restricted. I seem to be able to eat good qunatities and am still losing 1.5 - 2 pounds a week. I think I'm going to try eating a few more calories, maybe 1200 -1400 seems like I lose more if I stay in that range. I'm burning about 300 a day ( swimming laps and biking and Water aerobics)... I seem to be getting at least 64 ounces of water in a day between meals., but would like to increase it more.

How is the not drinking with meals going? I seem to be getting used to it. If I'm eating something spicy or really salty, I will sip just a tiny bit, but that's it.

Hope - congrats on onderland!

Dawn - way to go on the smaller clothing sizes! Isn't that awesome?!

Water aerobicizers - I love water aerobics too! I currently swim and do deep water aerobics at home, but when the winter time comes, I'll be heading to the local YMCA! My back and knees feel sooo much better since I've been spending so much time in the pool!

OOOH! I forgot to tell you guys! I was a the races (local dirt track) with my family on Saturday night, and well, the pants that I was wearing needed to be tossed into the yard sale/charity pile because they were waay to big. It was soo hot Saturday, and as the night wore on those pants got bigger and bigger. I almost lost them once.. so I thought, I gotta change! I didn't have any spare pants, but I looked in our truck and my mom had some size 18 shorts in there... I tried them on and they fit! Granted they had an elastic waist, but they fit! WAHOOOO! Can't weight to get to a size 18! Also, I saw people who I hadn't seen in the last couple of months and they were all coming up to me and telling me how they could tell I have lost weight. How exciting! Yipppee!!! I love this band thing!

3loves - Are you having a first fill any time soon? I really struggled with my decision to post-pone, but I really wanted to give myself a couple of more weeks to see how I do without it. I'm waiting to hear back from my surgeon's office to see when I can get it re-scheduled for.. Hope you are doing well!

KIm,

Wow way to go on the size 18 i too cannot wait for the teens LOL

Also have you been to fitday.com? You are burning more than 300 a day i promise ya! We burn basal and lifstyle calories too..I myself when i do treadmill and Water aerobics along wiht my daily everyday activites burn up to 2000 calories a day..

I have attatched my report from fitday for the week of july 9th so you can see how it tracks it.

Youd be amazed at the things we are doing and burning caloires that we werent aware of!

I LOVE FITDAY.COM!!!:clap2:

report of calories burnedjuly 9.doc

Hello Fellow May Bandsters!

I have been using Fitday off and on since before I was banded and sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. A few days ago I read on another thread about Sparkpeople.com to track wt. loss, nutrition and exercise so I checked it out.

IMHO it is far superior to Fitday. The site is easier to use, the graphics are nicer, the food is easier to log and it offers so much more! Best of all, it is totally free so I don't feel like I am missing out on the best parts. I have noticed a few familiar names/faces over there as well.

If you decide to check it out and decide to stick around, let me know. My user name there is drkwid (Don't Really Know What I'm Doing). My computer savy husband gave me that name when I couldn't figure out how to log on to Ebay a few years ago and LindaV was taken over at sparkpeople so I went with my usual user name.

I started tracking my calories over there and, guess what? I am not taking in as many calories as I thought. I am eating between 1100-1500 calories a day. I am usually between 1100-1300. Of course, this weekend I tended to be near the top of that and, since I didn't exercise at all, I gained 2 lbs :embarassed:. Oh well, back to exercise and beter food choices this week!