Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Well I'm right along with Scribby post op day 3 and pretty sore i only am on hydrocodone and tylenol except the tylenol is too sweet since i'm only drinking Water and dilluted apple juice i've been walking as much as possible and can only sleep for about an hour at a time I'm not feeling hungry at all though which is great well good luck to everyone talk again soon

sea breeze...your doc is letting you go in a hot tub on day 3 post op? Mine told me six weeks...wonder why the big difference. I would love to sit in a hot tub right now! Day # 8 post op( from surgery #2) and I am still pretty sore.

yeah, not allowed to get into a tub for min of four weeks..wish I could! Walking around Sea World? Wow..I have a hard time ven getting off the couch! Awesome your doing so good! Its my left shoulder as well..isnt that odd its the same side for a lot of people?

Libra,

Sometimes during the operation air will get trapped inside the body cavity and cause small discomfort pain in odd places until your body can absorb it. Most occurs in the shoulder area. Mine was lower under my left shoulder blade. Last several days off and on.

air from them pumping your midsection full of air to make it easier to work in there. It's trapped in there and trying to find a way out. Mine wasn't in my shoulder but in my back and chest. Ouchie!

Hi Everyone. My sugery is scheduled for Aug 16th and I am looking forward to a new chapter in my life. I am an easy loser but also an even easier gainer so the band should have quick results for me. I am in it for the long hall..the rest of my life. I have an Awesome doctor (Dr Kwon) in Port Jervis,NY. I read up on him on the web and he's one of the leaders in Lap-Band surgery. By for now, LadysMan

Hi All,

it's all over and I'm feeling better everyday. it's all clear liquids, for this week and it's fine with me, I do have the gas alot, the most awful thing was in the hopital I had the dry heaves. oh God! nothing would come up and not knowing when it would stop! well when I came home I had like 4 OF THEM and it stopped. so when the thought of something to sip, like my pain meds or broth make me sick I did'nt do it for fear of the heaves. now I can get all the liquids down but have the runs, and gas in the shoulders the heating pad is good for the gas pain. it's good to know what to expect. now for those of us who had kids this is a cake walk. get someone to take care of you for a few days too, screw the house work and wash, it's all about you! I'm gonna take a walk today that should help they say. Patti

:faint: Day 8 for me post band and that shoulder pain is miserable!!! Nothing helps me. I am about to overdose on gas meds. I would feel so much better if that pain was gone. My doc must have used 5 patient's worth of air....Where was that dentist's suction thing during my surgery?

I'm really puzzled at the differences among doctors regarding the post op diet. Some of us are on clear liquids for one week, some for two, some on full liquids for one or two weeks, etc. Since we're all having the same procedure, how do you account for the wide variations in instructions. It sort of says to me that there is no single right answer. For those in the medical field, can you help me understand this?

Patti,

Great to hear you are doing ok. Nice to know that for those of us who have had kids this will be a cake walk. Neither of my children's births were easy or uncomplicated.

GEMoM,

I think that is a great question. I am only required to have liquids for 2 days post-op, however I have prepared enough for two weeks. I have seen people post that even though they could eat mushies sooner, they said they couldnt get them down.

I am not looking forward to the shoulder pain! :cry That sounds just awful, however now I understand why we are advised to walk right away.

The shoulder pain is litterally making me ill. I am taking all my meds just trying to get rid of it!! Its also in my chest..never in a million years would I have thought that my should would be the only thing in pain really!!

I havent really had any shoulder pain I have had alot of gas in my upper stomach though. the walking really does help My Dr only gave me hydrocodone so I'm pretty much just dealing with the pain waiting for it to be over I just keep thinking the worst is almost over Thank God LOL

:help: :help: PLEASE HELP:

I was banded on August 1st. ( week and two days ago. Tonight I had a huge craving which I stupidly fulfilled: salmon teryaki with white rice. I think I ate about the same or a little more than I did pre-banded. I have such a stomach-ache. I feel soooooo sick. I feel WAY too full and like its NOT subsiding. (I finishes eating at around 8:45pm

thank you so much in advance for any and all suggestions.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

:think OK, everyone makes mistakes, and I know what the cravings for really good food are. The deal is this, right now, drink as much Water as you can, then drink the slim fast or chicken broth ( try the egg drop soup). You may need to get some gas x strips, and sit up!! try not to lie down. Just keep thinking that thin feels better than food tastes. You will be OK, but just don't set yourself up to fail, follow you doctors orders per your diet plan, and get a mixer or a blender to mush up that salmon, then weigh the salmon, make sure it fits with your doctors guidlines and then eat the measured amount slowly. Drink plenty of water slowly ( 15 minuits before you eat). You may be in for a few days of discomfort, but you will be OK, it just has to works its way through. If by Monday you don't feel better, you should call your doctor and fess up to the backslide, he may want to do an upper GI.

If you feel like you are going to slip on food again, think of all the crap you went through to get the band in the first place. And get a nicoderm patch for the smoking. I quit before my surgery but did it with the Losenge, which has a carbonated fizz to it. You are facing a huge change in your lifestyle, and I can see from this website that we are here to help one another.

We are humans ergo we make mistakes, ergo we learn.

Caroline

banded Aug 2

Dr Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Woman's Hospital

:( Hi Everybody,

Boy am I tired, it is funny, my friends ask how I'm doing and I can only say that every day I get a little better, but I am not at 100%. I drank 4 Protein Shakes, ate some sugar free Jello - had about 5 oz of egg drop Soup ( once I'm done with this I will never eat jello again! ) The incision pain is still there and it was like pulling teeth to get some extra pain meds from the doctors office, they had never heard of someone needing pain meds after a week. I have a high tolerance for narcotics and a low tolerance for pain, I guess I'm going to be a pain in the ass to them. Plus, my period is making noises that it is coming, 5 days too early. I'm doing liquid Centrum for Vitamins and Caltrate chewables. But I think I need caffienne!! And this not on my list. Would love some energy suggestions. Power Water?

Congrats to everybody banded this month - :clap2: we are our own heroes!!

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Woman's Hospital Bos